- Paperback: 272 pages
- Publisher: Simon & Schuster; Reprint edition (15 March 2016)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9781476724232
- ISBN-13: 978-1476724232
- ASIN: 1476724237
- Product Dimensions: 14 x 1.8 x 21.3 cm
- Average Customer Review: 2 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #1,36,611 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
The Dorito Effect: The Surprising New Truth About Food and Flavor Paperback – Import, 15 Mar 2016
Save Extra with 3 offers
- Cashback (4): Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa Signature or Visa Infinite cards. Shop during the Visa Shopping Days starting 20th to end of every month. Cashback within 3 days from shipment. Here's how
- Get 10% cashback using RuPay cards. Max Cashback - INR 100 if you are using RuPay card for first time on Amazon. INR 25 if you have used RuPay card earlier. Check here for your cashback eligibility Here's how
- Get 25% back up to Rs.50 using Amazon Pay UPI. For Android App customers only. Valid once during the offer period. Cashback within 10 days. Set up Amazon Pay UPI Here's how
- Get offers for up to ₹1375 cashback on MakeMyTrip, Redbus, UrbanClap, Faasos & 1Mg. Shop on Amazon between 19th Apr to 30th Apr 2019 to become eligible for the offer. T&C apply Here's how
- No Cost EMI: No Cost EMI available on Amazon Pay ICICI credit cards on orders above Rs. 3000 Here's how
- Bank Offer: 5% Instant Discount on Axis bank Credit and Debit EMI transactions Here's how
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
"Illuminating and radical." (The New York Times Book Review)
“Mark Schatzker’s book comes at a time when healthful eating and sustainability are increasingly on everyone’s minds. The Dorito Effect is a quick, engaging read that examines the essential role that flavor plays in the way we eat today. As a chef, I know that people want to eat delicious food, but Schatzker goes further and investigates how we engage with flavor to address the growing health crisis.” (Daniel Boulud, Chef/Owner, The Dinex Group)
“Mark Schatzker has done something monumental in The Dorito Effect, he explained how the American food industry has interfered with our body's conversation with itself. The use of flavor to change this conversation is one of the major reasons for the decline in the American diet leading to major health issues. The Dorito Effect is one of the most important health and food books I have read.” (David B. Agus, M.D., author of The End of Illness and A Short Guide to a Long Life)
“In The Dorito Effect Mark Schatzker explores a novel - and to my mind, key – theory to explain our increasing consumption of the low-quality food that is undermining health. Modern food production has made much of what we eat flavorless, and a multibillion dollar flavor industry has stepped in to fool our senses, leaving us unsatisfied and craving more and more. I strongly agree with his advice to go back to eating real food.” (Dr. Andrew Weil, M.D. New York Times bestselling author of Healthy Aging)
"I don't know when this much science has been this fun to read. Brilliant." (Joel Salatin, author of Folks, This Ain't Normal and farmer at Polyface Farm)
"After decades of conflict over sugar, carbs and fat, this extremely well researched book journeys to the heart of the food problem—flavor—and delivers the perfect solution." (Dr. Richard Bazinet, Department of Nutritional Sciences, University of Toronto)
"If you want to understand why the future of healthy eating is delicious eating, read this book." (Howard Moskowitz, inventor of Prego Extra Chunky Spaghetti Sauce and food industry legend)
“Mark Schatzker knows food. He is dedicated to quality and is always looking for the best ingredients. This is an important book that tells us why good food is so essential for everyone.” (Bonnie Stern, bestselling author of HeartSmart Cooking for Family and Friends)
"A sobering account of humanity’s attempt to overcome modern food blandness with flavor compounds, at the expense of nutritional integrity. Schatzker's engaging chronicle of how naturally occurring food flavor is as an evolutionary tuned sensory marker of nutritional value is bound to give consumers and scientists a new perspective on judging food quality and health effects." (Dr. Ameer Taha, Department of Food Science and Technology, UC Davis)
"This book is important, possibly life altering for anyone who eats!! In The Dorito Effect, Schatzker gets to the heart of where our relationship with food has gone wrong. Through lively storytelling and proficiency he points out the many issues we are facing and that the solution is right in front of us." (Jonathan Gushue, Principal, Gushue Hospitality Inc.)
About the Author
Mark Schatzker is an award-winning writer based in Toronto. He is a radio columnist for the Canadian Broadcast Corporation and a frequent contributor to the Globe and Mail, Condé Nast Traveler, and Bloomberg Pursuits. He is the author of The Dorito Effect: The Surprising New Truth About Food and Flavor and Steak: One Man’s Search for the World’s Tastiest Piece of Beef.See all Product description
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
This will definitely clarify the way we think about food.
I highly recommend this to any and all who want to understand the sad state of our food supply and production, and what can be done about it. It's important for not only our own, but our descendants' well-being.
Great book, once I got started I literally sat down and kept reading until I finished it in one day. Highly recommended.
In its way, this book is on a par with "A Brief History of Time" by Stephen Hawking!!