- Paperback: 140 pages
- Publisher: Notion Press, Inc.; 1 edition (26 September 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1644294370
- ISBN-13: 978-1644294376
- Product Dimensions: 12.7 x 0.9 x 20.3 cm
- Average Customer Review: 36 customer reviews
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
#99,244 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #2573 in Short Stories (Books)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ 75.00 Delivery charge
Dissected Paperback – Import, 26 Sep 2018
Save Extra with 3 offers
- Cashback (2): Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa Signature or Visa Infinite cards. Shop during the Visa Shopping Days starting 20th to end of every month. Applicable on shopping, recharges and bill payments. Cashback within 3 days from shipment. Here's how
- Get 25% back up to Rs.50 using Amazon Pay UPI. For Android App customers only. Valid once during the offer period. Cashback within 10 days. Set up Amazon Pay UPI Here's how
- No Cost EMI: No Cost EMI available on Amazon Pay ICICI credit cards on orders above Rs. 3000 Here's how
- Bank Offer: 5% Instant Discount on ICICI bank Credit and Debit EMI transactions Here's how
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
About the Author
Naveen is a teacher in a medical college. A chance comment by a batch mate after reading the titles he had drafted for their 25th reunion, triggered an urge to write. Mainly used to scientific publications or articles laced with humor in the college magazine, this is his first attempt at fiction. A passionate teacher, a die-hard Amitabh Bachchan fan, test cricket enthusiast, a gourmet cook (read domesticated husband) with a quirky sense of humor, he continuously irritates his wife, twin sons and Rusty, their Beagle. He is convinced that laughter has never killed anyone. Though inspired by his early steps in medical school, this book is a light hearted take on college life of yesteryears that people half or double his age will identify with. Though based in a medical college, it will find connect with students of all genres.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The medical profession, as such, is a very demanding one. But this hilarious take on the lives of students from a medical college is a definite read for people who think that med students don't have fun (trust me, after reading this book, you will definitely say it). Tazo's story has been beautifully woven with random character sketches and stories of his classmates and seniors and their anecdotes. And even more so, any person would go on to connect himself/herself with one of the characters from this book. It brings out the psychological depth of each character that has been written by Mr. Kakkar. And this is where lies the brilliance of the book. It is random, yet connected by so many threads of commonality. You will be reminded of your hostel and college life so evidently that it will take you down the memory lane and make things simpler for you, just like the simple yet fun times your college life provided you with as compared to the complex lives we live now, marred with rat races and being rich.
What Dissected left me yearning for more was Rashmi and Viper's unsaid story, giving me goosebumps as I read that last sentence. Go ahead and read this crazy piece of writing to grasp what I'm saying!
I could relate to every character from Palak and Jas to podgy and Tazo.
Events are so nicely described that you feel like being in situation yourself.
Well done Dr Navin and thanks for taking me back to my MBBS years.