The bestselling guide to DSLR photography - now updated for the latest technology and tools!
This new edition gets you up to "shutter speed" on the latest camera technologies, including the new consumer-targeted full-frame models and pro-features that are now incorporated in consumer-focused units. Veteran author and professional photographer Robert Correll walks you through how a camera works, what lenses to use, how to set exposure, and how to capture the shots that define a portfolio.
Fully updated to cover the latest generation of cameras and boasting more than 700 pages, this must-have resource explores the latest in tools and offers additional content, including video and interactive tools so that you can enhance your photography knowledge.
- Covers the basics of DSLR mechanics and explains how settings affect the final photo
- Reviews lenses and walks you through choosing and applying the right lens for your situation
- Discusses how aperture, shutting speed, and ISO combine to determine how your photo will look
- Demystifies how to light a photo, from using natural light to flash to artificial lighting
- Helps you shooting high-quality video and film
Digital SLR Photography All-in-One For Dummies, 2nd Edition is packed with everything you need to get your idea photo, from portraits to action shots to night photos and so much more!
From the Back Cover
7 BOOKS IN 1
- Getting Started with Digital SLRs
- Going Through the Looking Glass
- Hey, Your Exposure′s Showing
- Lighting and Composition
- "Spiffifying" Your Shots
- Shooting Movies
- Getting Specific About Your Subject
Learn all about your dSLR, take great photos and movies, and improve your technique
Do you enjoy photography? This book will become your best friend! If you′ve just bought a dSLR, you can learn the basics in the first few minibooks. If you have experience changing lenses and controlling exposure, jump into the minibooks about composition or editing techniques. Are you intent on making movies? You can find that information here, too. This book will meet you wherever you are!
- Model doesn′t matter learn to use the features common to all dSLR cameras, whether you have a Nikon, Canon, or other brand
- Take control set the aperture, shutter speed, and ISO to give your photos more creative depth
- Be composed discover how composition separates good photos from great ones and how to arrange the elements of your image
- The final touches review photo–editing software, learn to process raw exposures and JPEGs, and explore HDR imagery
- A bag of tricks explore the dSLR lens, flash, and filter options that improve your photos
Open the book and find:
- A tour of dSLR menus, buttons, and controls
- Tips on handling, cleaning, and caring for your camera
- When to use a zoom, macro, or telephoto lens
- Exposure and focus tips
- How to compose stand–out shots
- Cool editing tricks
- Steps for shooting a movie with a dSLR
- Specific techniques for shooting action, portraits, and panoramas