- Paperback: 272 pages
- Publisher: Corsair (22 February 2017)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9781472152770
- ISBN-13: 978-1472152770
- ASIN: 1472152778
- Product Dimensions: 15.5 x 2.1 x 23.4 cm
- Average Customer Review: 3 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #93,179 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Difficult Women Paperback – 22 Feb 2017
Save Extra with 3 offers
- Cashback (2): Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa Signature or Visa Infinite cards. Shop during the Visa Shopping Days starting 20th to end of every month. Applicable on shopping, recharges and bill payments. Cashback within 3 days from shipment. Here's how
- Get 25% back up to Rs.50 using Amazon Pay UPI. For Android App customers only. Valid once during the offer period. Cashback within 10 days. Set up Amazon Pay UPI Here's how
- No Cost EMI: No Cost EMI available on Amazon Pay ICICI credit cards on orders above Rs. 3000 Here's how
- Bank Offer: 5% Instant Discount on ICICI bank Credit and Debit EMI transactions Here's how
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
The stories, phenomenally powerful and beautifully written, demonstrate the threats so many women in reality face, but also how, whatever their situation, they have agency, resilience and identities away from stereotypes created and reinforced by men.
Roxane is a powerhouse of a writer.
Powerful . . . Gay's fantastic collection is challenging, quirky, and memorable.
Different to anything I've read before . . . Be warned, it can get a little dark at times, but the collection is worth it
A powerful, two-fisted collection with heart under its surface.
A writer of prodigious, arresting talent
Gay tells intimate, deep, wry tales of jaggedly dimensional women. . . . Be they writer, scientist, or stripper, Gay's women suffer grave abuses, mourn unfathomable losses, love hard, and work harder
Gay expands her writing prowess with this collection featuring colorful women protagonists . . . Refreshing yet intricate . . . This work will appeal to lovers of literary and feminist fiction
Unified in theme ? the struggles of women claiming independence for themselves ? but wide-ranging in conception and form . . . Gay is an admirable risk-taker in her exploration of women's lives and new ways to tell their stories
Astonishing, arresting, and staggering
A collection of stories of rare force and beauty, of hardscrabble lives, passionate loves, and quirky and vexed human connection from award-winning author and powerhouse talent Roxane GaySee all Product description
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Each story is challenging in it’s own way and introduces you to a different type of woman, fighting something inside of her, demons from the past, the society and her situation.
The themes vary from sexual abuse, loyalty, loss, healing, passion etc.
Some stories were more graphic, hard hitting and impactful than the other, a few were really good, while 2 stories felt out of place for me.
My favourites were : I Will Follow You, North Country, Break all the Way Down and La Negra Blanca.
The writing and characters were my favourite part as I felt an instant connection with every woman she created and it was hard not to feel for them!
I give this one a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️/5 and highly recommend it!