Top 200 DevOps Engineer Interview Questions
DevOps is one of the most popular technology trends. There is a growing demand for DevOps Engineer job in technology companies.
This book contains technical interview questions that an interviewer asks for DevOps Engineer position. Each question is accompanied with an answer so that you can prepare for job interview in short time. The book contains questions on DevOps, Docker, Unix and Cloud Computing. It is a combination of our four other books.
We have compiled this list after attending dozens of technical interviews in top-notch companies like- Airbnb, Netflix, Amazon etc.
Often, these questions and concepts are used in our daily work. But these are most helpful when an Interviewer is trying to test your deep knowledge of DevOps topics like- Jenkins, Docker, Unix, Cloud Computing etc.
What are the DevOps topics covered in this book?
We cover a wide variety of DevOps topics in this book. Some of the topics are Docker, AWS OpsWorks Stacks, CloudFormation, Ansible, Jenkins, Nagios, Kubernetes, Docker, Unix, Cloud Computing etc.
How will this book help me?
By reading this book, you do not have to spend time searching the Internet for DevOps interview questions. We have already compiled the list of the most popular and the latest DevOps Interview questions.
Are there answers in this book?
Yes, in this book each question is followed by an answer. So you can save time in interview preparation.
What is the best way of reading this book?
You have to first do a slow reading of all the questions in this book. Once you go through them in the first pass, mark the questions that you could not answer by yourself. Then, in second pass go through only the difficult questions. After going through this book 2-3 times, you will be well prepared to face a technical interview for a DevOps Engineer position.
What is the level of questions in this book?
This book contains questions that are good for a beginner DevOps engineer to a senior DevOps engineer. The difficulty level of question varies in the book from Fresher to a Seasoned professional.
What are the sample questions in this book?
- What are the popular DevOps tools that you use?
- What are the main features of AWS OpsWorks Stacks?
- How does CloudFormation work in AWS?
- What is CICD in DevOps?
- What are the benefits of Continuous Integration (CI)?
- What is the architecture of Chef?
- What are the main use cases of Ansible?
- What is Docker Hub?
- What is Multi-factor authentication?
- What is State Stalking in Nagios?
- What is the architecture of Puppet?
- What is the use of Kubernetes?
- What is the architecture of Kubernetes?
- What is the role of open source development in the popularity of Docker?
- What is the difference between Docker commands: up, run and start?
- What are the features of Docker Swarm?
- What is a Docker Image?
- Why do we use Docker Machine?
- How will you create a Container in Docker?
- Do you think Docker is Application-centric or Machine-centric?
- Can we lose our data when a Docker Container exits?
- What are the objects created by Docker Cloud in Amazon Web Services (AWS) EC2?
- How will you take backup of Docker container volumes in AWS S3?
- What is a Passive check in Nagios?
- What are the common use cases of Docker?
Is there a video course available for this book?
We have made a video course based on AWS Interview Preparation book on Udemy. It is very well appreciated by professionals.