Other Sellers on Amazon
Follow the Author
DESIGNING DATA INTENSIVE APPLICATIONS: The Big Ideas Behind Reliable, Scalable, and Maintainable Systems Paperback – 1 January 2017
Save Extra with 3 offers
Explore your book, then jump right back to where you left off with Page Flip.
View high quality images that let you zoom in to take a closer look.
Enjoy features only possible in digital – start reading right away, carry your library with you, adjust the font, create shareable notes and highlights, and more.
Discover additional details about the events, people, and places in your book, with Wikipedia integration.
Enhance your purchase
Special offers and product promotions
- 5% Instant Discount up to INR 250 on HSBC Cashback Card Credit Card Transactions. Minimum purchase value INR 1000 Here's how
- No cost EMI available on select cards. Please check 'EMI options' above for more details. Here's how
- Get GST invoice and save up to 28% on business purchases. Sign up for free Here's how
About the Author
Martin is a researcher in distributed systems at the University of Cambridge. Previously he was a software engineer and entrepreneur at Internet companies including LinkedIn and Rapportive, where he worked on large-scale data infrastructure. In the process he learned a few things the hard way and he hopes this book will save you from repeating the same mistakes.
Martin is a regular conference speaker, blogger and open source contributor. He believes that profound technical ideas should be accessible to everyone and that deeper understanding will help us develop better software.
- Publisher : Shroff/O'Reilly; First edition (1 January 2017); Shroff Publishers & Distributors Pvt. Ltd. B-103, First Floor, Railway Commercial Complex Sector 3, Sanpada (E), Navi Mumbai 400705 Tel: +91 22 4158 4158 Fax: +91 22 4158 4141 WhatsApp +91 73044 87700 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Language : English
- Paperback : 616 pages
- ISBN-10 : 9352135245
- ISBN-13 : 978-9352135240
- Reading age : Customer suggested age: 13 years and up
- Item Weight : 1 kg
- Dimensions : 24 x 18 x 1 cm
- Country of Origin : India
- Packer : Computer Bookshop (I) Pvt. Ltd. , Kitab Mahal Building, 190 Dr. D N Road, Fort , Mumbai - 400001 , Whatsapp - +91 9987380571, Email - email@example.com, Website - www.cb-india.com
- Generic Name : Printed Book
- Best Sellers Rank: #550 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
About the author
Reviews with images
Top reviews from India
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I got tenth indian reprint: Oct 2022 edition. Surprisingly page quality and print quality is good !!
No pages missing, I can't see next pages print from the current page. . I was skeptical about this beacuse of so many reviews about page and print quality, but thankfully page and print quality got improved.
P.S. : It is surely not the same as head first series. So make your expectation right, and enjoy the amazing book !!
Also, some 10 pages at the start and most of ToC is missing.
Reviewed in India 🇮🇳 on 28 June 2022
Top reviews from other countries
I'd regard the book as required reading for anyone involved in software engineering. I recently asked my manager to buy copies for 15 of my peers in my team (which he did). Buying this book is a no-brainer with respect to personal ROI.