- Paperback: 256 pages
- Publisher: Little, Brown Book Group; New Ed edition (18 January 2001)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1860497586
- ISBN-13: 978-1860497582
- Product Dimensions: 13.2 x 1.8 x 19.7 cm
- Average Customer Review: 5 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #50,823 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Desert Flower Paperback – 18 Jan 2001
There is a newer edition of this item:
Customers who bought this item also bought
Description for Desert Flower
Waris's story is one of remarkable courage. From the deserts of Somalia to the world of high fashion ... she emerges a real champion. She is the most beautiful inspiration to anyone
A story that traverses continents, spans worlds of human experience and human pain ... Waris Dirie was a victim once, but she never will be again
She was circumcised at five, fled an arranged marriage at 12, then became a Pirelli girl in her teens. Now, at twenty-eight, Waris Dirie is an ambassador for the UN. Her mission? To rid Africa of its most barbaric ritual
Dirie's story is an extraordinary one.
* Inspirational, dramatic and extraordinary - the autobiography of a Somalian nomad circumcised at 5, sold in marriage at 13, who became an American model and is now at the young age of 30, the UN spokeswoman against circumcisionSee all Description for Desert Flower
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?