How organizations can deliver significant performance gains through strategic investment in marketing
In the new era of tight marketing budgets, no organization can continue to spend on marketing without knowing what's working and what's wasted. Data-driven marketing improves efficiency and effectiveness of marketing expenditures across the spectrum of marketing activities from branding and awareness, trail and loyalty, to new product launch and Internet marketing. Based on new research from the Kellogg School of Management, this book is a clear and convincing guide to using a more rigorous, data-driven strategic approach to deliver significant performance gains from your marketing.
- Explains how to use data-driven marketing to deliver return on marketing investment (ROMI) in any organization
- In-depth discussion of the fifteen key metrics every marketer should know
- Based on original research from America's leading marketing business school, complemented by experience teaching ROMI to executives at Microsoft, DuPont, Nisan, Philips, Sony and many other firms
- Uses data from a rigorous survey on strategic marketing performance management of 252 Fortune 1000 firms, capturing $53 billion of annual marketing spending
- In-depth examples of how to apply the principles in small and large organizations
- Free downloadable ROMI templates for all examples given in the book
With every department under the microscope looking for results, those who properly use data to optimize their marketing are going to come out on top every time.
From the Inside Flap
Data–Driven Marketing uses simple, non–technical language to help you to master the latest analytical techniques while maximizing your Return on Marketing Investment (ROMI). You′ll take your marketing performance to the next level as you discover:
Why more than 80 percent of companies don′t make data–driven marketing decisions (and suffer for it)
The 15 key metrics every marketer should know
The five obstacles to data–driven marketing and how to overcome them
In–depth examples of how to apply data–driven principles in small and large organizations
How to use the 15 metrics to improve the performance of your campaigns by a factor of five or more
New research insights from the Kellogg School of Management, America′s leading marketing business school, surveying 252 Fortune 1000 firms, encompassing $53 billion of annual marketing spending
Free downloadable ROMI templates for all examples given in the book
Every marketing department is under pressure to deliver, but some will thrive and some won′t. Data–Driven Marketing provides top–to–bottom coverage of what works, what doesn′t, and what makes the difference in this important but misunderstood area. Pick up this essential guide today and you′ll not only come out on top, but know (and measure) the reason why.