- Paperback: 128 pages
- Publisher: HarperCollins; Latest Edition edition (5 May 2015)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9351773884
- ISBN-13: 978-9351773887
- Package Dimensions: 26.8 x 20.4 x 1 cm
- Average Customer Review: 24 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #30,099 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Dastarkhwan-e-Awadh: The Cuisine of Awadh Paperback – 5 May 2015
Save Extra with 3 offers
- Cashback (2): Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa Signature or Visa Infinite cards. Shop during the Visa Shopping Days starting 20th to end of every month. Applicable on shopping, recharges and bill payments. Cashback within 3 days from shipment. Here's how
- Get 25% back up to Rs.50 using Amazon Pay UPI. For Android App customers only. Valid once during the offer period. Cashback within 10 days. Set up Amazon Pay UPI Here's how
- No Cost EMI: No Cost EMI available on Amazon Pay ICICI credit cards on orders above Rs. 3000 Here's how
- Bank Offer: Avail 5% Cashback on SBI Credit card EMI transactions Here's how
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
About the Author
Dr Sangeeta Bhatnagar received her education in Lucknow, the seat of Awadh culture. She has a PhD in economics from Lucknow University, where she has also taught. She discovered Awadhi cuisine in Barabanki. A complete dearth of books on the cuisine and the desire to document and preserve the culinary heritage of the region inspired Sangeeta to write Dastarkhwan-e-Awadh. Sangeeta has also hosted cooking shows on television and been on the editorial team of Food magazine. She currently lives in Agra. R.K. Saxena has more than four decades of experience in the hospitality industry. A graduate of Bombay University, he also studied hotel management at Dadar Catering College. He has lived in Lucknow, Mumbai, Goa and Washington DC, managing catering outlets and hotels. He was head of the catering department at the Institute of Hotel Management (IHM) in Bangalore, and director of IHM Lucknow and Mumbai. He is currently an independent hospitality consultant in Lucknow.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
No step by step instructions, no organization into paragraphs. Preparation times, cooking times are also not provided. As a recipe book that can be used for actual cooking, it will perform poorly due to bad organization and presentation.
This is not probably the authors' fault but the publisher's. So this looks more like a history/culture coffee-table book than a serious cook-book. And that's a shame because the information is worthwhile. Having a Food and Beverage professional who taught in various hotel management institutes lends credibility and authenticity to the contents.
Hopefully the publishers will re-think their motive/target audience in a later edition.
The overall taste of the recipies is also not out of this world as one would expect.
But worth buying just for the sheer effort the authors have put in.