What Makes Cuisine Kerala Special?
Written from a journalistic point of view, Cuisine Kerala is divided into sections that delve into the how and why of the diverse Kerala Cuisine. The author and the photographer independently travelled across the state over months to research and shoot pictures for this book. The socio-historical approach of the writer, tried and tested recipes (provided by experts) on almost every page, and over 200 candid images that complement the text, make Cuisine Kerala truly a collector’s item.
- Essentials will tell you why rice and coconut are the mainstay of every meal.
- In the Backyard gives you an understanding of the Malayali penchant for farming and the bounty of the fertile land.
- Vegetarianism, Syrian Christian Cuisine and Food of the Moplahs explain how religion and culture are inextricably linked to food habits in the Kerala Cuisine.
- Those Who Chose to Stay takes you back to a past where those who fled from persecution found a safe harbor here and those who came to trade were included into the community.
- Festive Feasts provides you a glimpse of the food served at weddings and talks about that mother of all feasts -- Onasadya.
- Local Yet Global defines the Malayali ethos that holds the people together.
The Guide, The Gift and The Souvenir
If you are planning to visit Kerala, grab a copy of this book as a guide for exploring the Kerala Cuisine. If someone you know is preparing to visit Kerala, gift this book and it will make the journey a much memorable one. If you have been to Kerala and experienced the magical Kerala Cuisine, what else can be the best souvenir to remember the flavors of the God's Own Country.