- Paperback: 464 pages
- Publisher: Perseus Books Group; Reprint edition (6 December 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0465027741
- ISBN-13: 978-0465027743
- Product Dimensions: 15.5 x 2.7 x 23.4 cm
- Average Customer Review: 1 customer review
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #1,15,118 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Creating Minds: An Anatomy of Creativity Seen Through the Lives of Freud, Einstein, Picasso, Stravinsky, Eliot, Graham, and Ghandi Paperback – 6 Dec 2011
Save Extra with 1 offer
- Cashback (4): Rs 100 cashback on Rs 499 or more for purchases made through Amazon Assistant. Click on the link - (Amazon Asistant) Here's how
- Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 50 using BHIM UPI (available only on mobile app/website) or RuPay cards. Offer period 1st September to 30th September. Cashback will be credited as Amazon Pay balance within 15 days from purchase. Here's how
- Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa debit card, credit card or ATM card. Only on your first 2 cashless orders on Amazon.in (including mobile recharges and bill payments). Offer period 4th Sep to 30th Sep. Cashback within 10 days. Here's how
- Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa Signature or Visa Infinite cards. Offer valid only once per customer (including mobile recharges and bill payments). Offer period: 11th Sep to 24th Sep. Cashback within 10 days. Here's how
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
About the Author
Howard Gardner is the John H. and Elisabeth A. Hobbs Professor of Cognition and Education at the Harvard Graduate School of Education and Senior Director of Harvard Project Zero. The author of more than twenty books and the recipient of a MacArthur Fellowship and twenty-one honourary degrees, he lives in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Top customer reviews
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Wildly informative across a 7 discipline range.
Add it to your library. Use it in a class or
for a book-club or discussion group.
It will prepare you for your own wider & deeper studies
of---Picassio, Stravinsky, T.S. Eliot, Ghandi, Freud,
Einstein, Martha Graham. And open you to the
range of possible forms of minding that are your own.
This book reminded me of Eric Erickson's biography of Gandhi, which I read years ago with great interest. Erickson's theories about the life cycle and how it applied to Gandhi's life were more satisfying to me than Gardner's generalizations.
There is an excellent 1955 film (Le Mystere Picasso) that shows time-lapse photography of Picasso's work in progress. The film helped me to feel better about my own frequent revisions when writing. It is available on DVD from a French company, Cinestore.com.
In my view the book's weakness is that the author uses a rigid and heavy structure to carry us through the lives of these geniuses.