- Hardcover: 328 pages
- Publisher: OUP India (1 October 2015)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0198738188
- ISBN-13: 978-0198738183
- Product Dimensions: 20.1 x 3.3 x 14 cm
- Average Customer Review: 21 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #4,86,051 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
The Country of First Boys: And Other Essays Hardcover – 1 Oct 2015
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Sen offers a humane and wise persepctive on many global challenges (Network Review)
About the Author
Amartya Sen: One of the world's foremost thinkers, AMARTYA SEN teaches economics and philosophy at Harvard University, and was earlier Master of Trinity College, Cambridge. He has served as President of the American Economic Association, the Indian Economic Association, the International Economic Association, and the Econometric Society. His awards include the Bharat Ratna (India), Commandeur de la légion d'honneur (France), the National Humanities Medal (USA), Honorary Companion of Honour (UK), Ordem Nacional do Mérito Científico (Brazil), and the Nobel Prize in Economics.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
Mr. Sen has tried to reflect upon our position globally on the parameters of Human Development index.
This book may be of a great help to those who wants to bring about a change in the society as it helps understand the real problem with 'the people and their development'.
Brajesh Kumar Yadav
This book is pertinent for this debate and who else can take this head-on better than our very own amartya sen.
This book is not only important to read for scholars, students and teachers of social sciences but for general readers too.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews
The collection of essays if read as recommended by scholar who wrote the Forward for the...Read more
Nothing like The Argumentative Indian should be expected.
Freedom of expression ... Identity crises .....Read more
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Economics > Economics
- Books > Politics > Political Theory
- Books > Society & Social Sciences > Social Welfare & Social Services
- Books > Society & Social Sciences > Society & Culture
- Books > Textbooks > Business & Finance > Business Development
- Books > Textbooks > Business & Finance > Economics
- Books > Textbooks > Business & Finance > International Business
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Political Science > Public Policy