The book is primarily designed to cater to the needs of undergraduate and postgraduate students of Electronics and Communication Engineering and allied branches. The book has been written keeping average students in mind.
This well-organised and lucidly written text gives a comprehensive view of microwave concepts covering its vast spectrum, transmission line, network analysis, microwave tubes, microwave solid-state devices, microwave measurement techniques, microwave antenna theories, radars and satellite communication.
• A fairly large number of well-labelled diagrams provides practical understanding of the concepts.
• Solved numerical problems aptly crafted and placed right after conceptual discussion provide better comprehension of the subject matter.
• Chapter summary highlights important points for quick recap and revision before examination.
• About 200 MCQs with answers help students to prepare for competitive examinations.
• Appropriate number of unsolved numerical problems with answers improves problem solving skill of students.
• Simplified complex mathematical derivations by synthesising them in smaller parts for easy grasping.
Undergraduate and Postgraduate students of Electronics and Communication Engineering and allied branches
About the Author
Sanjay Kumar, Ph.D. (IIT Delhi) is Air Commodore at IAF, 9BRD, Pune, India. He has over thirty years of rich professional experience as an Engineering Officer in IAF. He has held various key technical and command appointments in field formations and headquarters of IAF. He had been on deputation to various labs of DRDO as designer, developer and Principal Advisor of various IAF projects, and Program Director of Electronic Warfare Project of lead aircraft. Dr. Sanjay Kumar is the member of IIT Delhi Alumni Association and lifetime member of IETE, Delhi, India. He had been question paper setter, teacher and evaluator of Research Methodology at Osmania University, Hyderabad, India for three years during his posting as Head of Faculty of Electronic Warfare, IT and Technology, at CAW, AF Hyderabad (2007). He is recipient of AVM Harijinder Singh trophy for the best academic performance at AFTC, Bangalore, India. For his outstanding contribution, he has been commended by Chief of the Air Staff and Air Officer Commanding-in-Chief. Saurabh Shukla, Scientist, Defence Avionics Research Establishment (DARE), DRDO, Bangalore. He has seven years of professional experience in design and development of wideband antennas and passive microwave devices. He has also served as Scientist `B' at Defence Institute of Advance Technology, Pune, India. He is the member of IEEE and Alumni Association of NIT, Hamirpur, India. He was also the member of Association of Old Crows (AOC), USA (2010-12). He was awarded with Special Technology Award for Evaluation/Integration of RF Subsystems of EW-Suite of MiG-27 Aircraft (2010) by DARE, DRDO, Bangalore (2008).