Complete Works Swami Vivekananda (Set of 9 Volumes)
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Please note this is brand new deluxe edition and price revised to Rs, 2000 from Rs. 1300... In these volumes we have not only a gospel to the world at large, but also, to its own children, the Charter of the Hindu faith. For the first time in history, Hinduism itself forms here the subject of generalization of a Hindu mind of the highest order. What Hinduism had needed was the organizing and consolidating of its own idea, a rock where she could lie at anchor, and an authoritative utterance in which she might recognise herself. What the world had needed was a faith that had no fear of truth. Both are found in the words and writings of Swami Vivekananda. It is the latest gospel of a modern Prophet of religion and spirituality to the mankind.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. Mainly, all the contents in this book are Vivekananda's direct words [except a very few where the editors have tried to fill up the incomplete written notes]. Many other books may contain cooked up stories created according to their own perspectives.
2. You can get all his teachings in these 9 books itself. No need for any other books.
3. His teachings are more practical than any other, as many renowned people have said.
3. This book gives you answers for some of the basic and important questions in life such as - Is marriage necessary for all?, How to work consistently without losing motivation?, What is the real practical goal of our lives?, etc. [I have read only Book No.1 still and if i read the rest, i may get answers to many such important questions].
4. It may seem complicated as it goes but the dots will get connected at later times, and if you read the same section again you will get much more clarity, this is my perception.
5. This book is edited carefully by the editors who are none other than saints of vivekanda's student lineage.
Rest, the quality of pages, the white brightness of pages, hardcover and its protective transparent covers, packing quality and 'delivery-time' condition of the books are all very good. Some pages[ maybe 5- 10] have been teared by the editors itself and binded it like that only but no changes in page numbers or disappearance of contents or pages has been done, which is very good indeed.
A "must read" for all.
I am not even thinking about to rating the contents of the book. I am not good enough for that. Fantastic reading.
I read a few reviews commenting adversely on quality. I strongly disagree with them. The bind and paper quality is rather good; quite unexpected for the price charged.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews