In this book you will:
• Understand key characteristics of design thinking
• Understand the 5 action phases of design thinking –
Empathize, Define, Ideate, Prototype and Test
• Empathize- Understand your customers / users
• Define- Define clear project / business objectives
• Ideate- Explore ideas and solutions
• Prototype- Build and visualise ideas
• Test- Review and decide best idea
This book will help you:
• Clarify and solve problems better
• Understand your users
• Communicate in visuals confidently
• Innovate ideas and inspire others
• Experiment quickly and at little cost
This book is useful for:
• Non-design and design professionals who are involved in innovation, change management, trend-making, problem-solving and quality improvement industry
• Business and startup owners interested in providing good products and services for their customers
• Freelance designers and design students who want to make a difference in the marketplace
• Design trainers interested in delivering design thinking workshops
• Innovation, creativity and design enthusiasts
• Design thinkers
About the Author
Daniel Ling has 11 years of experience in innovation and design thinking who has moulded himself to be a "designer in a business suit"- strong in the design thinking process and yet relevant to the financial and business industry. He is an effective human factors designer- in areas of space, product and communication design for end users.
As a design consultant for OCBC to improve customer experience through design, Daniel spearheaded key projects in branch, digital and communication design for the world's strongest bank. He has facilitated and conducted training to over 200 students / professionals across banking and public sectors.
Through his work, Daniel has been featured in AXIS magazine and Straits Times. He has also received the Champion Award from MCYS for the sterling work on OCBC Sunday Banking. His Experience Design team also won the Asia's Top Design Practice from Singapore Design Awards in 2014.
On top of all, Daniel also founded Emerge Creatives Design Thinking Training company- to aid business owners to build their identity and empower them with design thinking skills.
Daniel Ling is driven by a vision to empower professionals and students with design thinking skills to be able to bring innovation and personal effectiveness to solve problems for the organization.
Daniel has honed himself in the industry to be one of the very few experts in user experience, form & communication design and design thinking- with a lot to contribute. His years of experience in facilitation in workshops and training will bring practical knowledge to real life context.
He is a firm believer that everyone can be a designer- that we need more designers in a business suit.