- Hardcover: 200 pages
- Publisher: University of Texas Press (1 October 2015)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0292756585
- ISBN-13: 978-0292756588
- Product Dimensions: 14 x 1.9 x 21.6 cm
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE Delivery
Includes Import Fees Deposit
+ 496.03 Delivery charge
Comin' Right at Ya: How a Jewish Yankee Hippie Went Country, or, the Often Outrageous History of Asleep at the Wheel (Brad and Michele Moore Roots Music Series) Hardcover – Import, 1 Oct 2015
Save Extra with 1 offer
- Cashback (3): Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 50 using BHIM UPI (available only on mobile app/website) or RuPay cards. Offer period 1st September to 30th September. Cashback will be credited as Amazon Pay balance within 15 days from purchase. Here's how
- Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa debit card, credit card or ATM card. Only on your first 2 cashless orders on Amazon.in (including mobile recharges and bill payments). Offer period 4th Sep to 30th Sep. Cashback within 10 days. Here's how
- Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa Signature or Visa Infinite cards. Offer valid only once per customer (including mobile recharges and bill payments). Offer period: 11th Sep to 24th Sep. Cashback within 10 days. Here's how
"Highly recommended." * Ink29 * "Asleep at the Wheel and country music fans will have trouble putting down this book, which barrels forward with all the energy of a Saturday night show at a dance hall in Austin. . . . Benson is the wily old veteran, spinning yarns and imparting wisdom learned from years on the road. We'd all be wise to listen." * Jewish Book Council * ""Full of humor and humility and a truly iconoclast outlook on life . . . since Benson started Asleep at the Wheel as a working-class country band, it's one helluva ride worth telling. " * Austin Chronicle * "The man is a trip, literally and figuratively . . . a real relaxin' ride with a mellow fellow." * Library Journal * "A let-it-all-hangout memoir." * Texas Monthly * "Benson has a treasure trove of outlandish anecdotes, assorted nuggets of wisdom, and a deep and vast wealth of musical knowledge to share." * PopMatters * "A pleasure for fans of Benson and the band." * Kirkus Reviews *
About the Author
Ray Benson cofounded Asleep at the Wheel in 1970 and is the only remaining original band member. When he isn't playing with the Wheel, he's producing records, TV shows, and commercials; acting in movies; doing voice-over work; running a studio; and raising funds for numerous charities. He was named "Official Texas State Musician" in 2004 and "Texan of the Year" in 2011. David Menconi has been the music critic at the Raleigh News & Observer since 1991, and he misses the days when it was possible to see Whiskeytown play in Raleigh every week. His writing has also appeared in Spin, Billboard, the New York Times, and a host of publications that regrettably no longer exist. Chief among the latter is No Depression magazine, for which he was a contributing editor. His byline appeared in every issue except one during the magazine's thirteen-year run.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
This is Mitch Woods, I am a boogie woogie piano player in a similar mold to Asleep At The Wheel, but I stick to the Louis Jordan Rhythm & Blues original style rather than the Texas swing (which I love too!).
Ray gives great stories and great background into one of the unsung musical genres of our century....they have taken the music forward and what a treat for all.
Thank you brother Ray for all your hard work and hard headedness in keeping the Wheel rollin'.
A good, fun read...highly recommended.
Hey Ray, if you're listening....bring me up for a boogie woogie tune....Choo Choo Ch' Boogie always a fun one!
As a big fan of the band it was interesting to hear the background story of the band- the good times, the lean times, and the leaner times. The only down side was there was not much about the more recent people- Elizabeth, Eddie, Jason, etc, who I more remember as a fan of maybe 15- 20 years now. But overall a great read, written as I would imagine Ray would.