- Hardcover: 240 pages
- Publisher: Penguin India (18 April 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0670086843
- ISBN-13: 978-0670086849
- Product Dimensions: 13.7 x 2.2 x 20.4 cm
- Average Customer Review: 29 customer reviews
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
#11,394 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #950 in Contemporary Fiction (Books)
Cobalt Blue Hardcover – 18 Apr 2013
Save Extra with 3 offers
- Cashback (3): Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa Signature or Visa Infinite cards. Shop during the Visa Shopping Days starting 20th to end of every month. Applicable on shopping, recharges and bill payments. Cashback within 3 days from shipment. Here's how
- Get 50% cashback up to Rs. 50 using Axis Bank Credit & Debit Cards. Valid only on your first 2 online payments. Cashback will be credited as Amazon Pay balance within 10 days from purchase. Here's how
- Get 25% back up to Rs. 50 back on your first order using Amazon Pay UPI. Cashback within 10 days. Link Bank Account Here's how
- No Cost EMI: No Cost EMI available on Amazon Pay ICICI credit cards on orders above Rs. 3000 Here's how
- Bank Offer: 5% Instant Discount on ICICI bank Credit and Debit EMI transactions Here's how
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Weaving two relationships together, one homosexual, the other heterosexual, Kundalkar creates a work that is replete with ellipses and silences. [And] Jerry Pinto s translation is fluid and immensely readable --Shanta Gokhale
About the Author
Sachin Kundalkar is a novelist, playwright and film-maker. He has written and directed four feature films. He won the National Award for the Best Screenplay for the film Gandha in 2008.
Jerry Pinto's debut novel, Em and the Big Hoom, won the Hindu Literary Prize. He also won the National Award for Helen: The Life and Times of an H-Bomb. He tweets as mahimkajerry.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I was curious how a Marathi author would be talking about a taboo subject like gay love. I tried to write about gay love, but I just froze. I couldn’t write, it was block.
Sorry about the digression. Cobalt Blue is one of the most beautiful love stories one can read. If your child asks too many question about LGBT and stuff and you freeze, this is the book to give the child.
LGBT iS such a buzz word nowadays. But we really don’t know what is gay love. This book is the most sensitive portrayal of gay love. If you are a person who easily cries, than this book will make you cry a lot. I didn’t cry, but it can take you there.
The sex scenes are not there if you think it would be crude, a couple of intimate scenes are beautifully described. I am in complete awe of Sachin Kundalkar for writing such a brilliant story. What is more commendable is that the author was 22 when he wrote this book.
The book is a short read. So go ahead pick this up. If you are disappointed I will refund you.
As far as the content goes....after a long time I finished a book within half a day..its captivating... Recommended to everyone who has some experience with unrequited love.