- Go Cashless with BHIM UPI: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 if you pay with BHIM UPI. Minimum Order Value has to be Rs.100. Offer applicable once per customer during the offer period Jun 1st to Jun 21st. Cashback will be credited as Amazon Pay balance Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Go Cashless with Visa Debit / Credit Cards: Get 10% back up to Rs.100 if you pay with a Visa Card. Offer valid for your first two cashless transactions ever on Amazon. Offer Period: 5th Jun to 30th Jun. Cashback will be credited as Amazon Pay balance Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ 65.00 Delivery charge
+ FREE Delivery
+ FREE Delivery
The Chronic Pain Solution: Your Personal Path to Pain Relief Paperback – 30 Sep 2003
Special offers and product promotions
Customers who bought this item also bought
“A superb book! At once medically precise and warmly accessible, The Chronic Pain Solution wages a successful frontal assault on pain, perhaps the greatest obstacle to wellness in our society. A must read for patients--and their doctors.”
--Mehmet Oz, M.D., Columbia-Presbyterian Medical Center, author of Healing from the Heart
“A fine, useful, and highly readable guide to the important field of integrative pain treatment.”
--James S. Gordon, M.D., Director, the Center for Mind-Body Medicine; author of Manifesto for a New Medicine
“The best book I’ve ever read on how to approach and relieve chronic pain. I highly recommend this wise and practical book to the millions who live with pain.”
--Christiane Northrup, M.D.,author of Women’s Bodies, Women’s Wisdom and The Wisdom of Menopause
From the Hardcover edition.
From the Inside Flap
Every morning, more than 50 million Americans wake up to another day in pain. If you are one of them, you know the way chronic pain can take over your life: the lost work and missed pleasures, the harsh drugs or surgeries, the feelings of anger and frustration, the endless search from doctor to doctor. It doesn't have to be that way.
This remarkable book, by one of the leading pain specialists in America, puts in your hands the resources usually available only at the most sophisticated pain clinics. Recent research has shown that the solution to the puzzle of pain is almost never one "magic bullet" treatment. What works is a combination of therapies--often three or more--customized to your individual needs. Some drugs or surgeries can actually make your condition worse, while surprisingly gentle alternative therapies can provide measurable, lasting relief. The key is knowing how to combine the best of both conventional and alternative medicine.
Dr. James Dillard offers you what few physicians today are trained to provide:
- fascinating new information on how pain affects your body and mind--including six myths that can keep you from healing
- a detailed guide to more than 40 treatment methods, from state-of-the-art microsurgery and pharmaceuticals to acupuncture,
yoga, and biofeedback
- individual chapters on the 12 most common types of pain, from arthritis and back pain to fibromyalgia and migraines--clearly indicating what works and what to avoid
- The Pain-Control Diet--and 20 top supplements for pain relief
- how to build your pain-management team and get what you need from your insurance company
- checklists, self-evaluations, and guides for trackingtreatment
- special chapters on children, seniors, pregnant women, terminal pain--plus how you can help a loved one in pain
You can take back your life from pain. The Chronic Pain Solution will guide you every step of the way.
"From the Hardcover edition.See all Product description
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
The references and handy index gave me many places to start with .