- Hardcover: 368 pages
- Publisher: HarperCollins; 1 edition (2 November 2015)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9351774767
- ISBN-13: 978-9351774761
- Product Dimensions: 15.2 x 2.5 x 22.9 cm
- Average Customer Review: 16 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #17,648 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
The Chinar Leaves: A Political Memoir Hardcover – 2 Nov 2015
Save Extra with 1 offer
- Cashback (3): Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 50 using BHIM UPI (available only on mobile app/website) or RuPay cards. Offer period 1st September to 30th September. Cashback will be credited as Amazon Pay balance within 15 days from purchase. Here's how
- Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa debit card, credit card or ATM card. Only on your first 2 cashless orders on Amazon.in (including mobile recharges and bill payments). Offer period 4th Sep to 30th Sep. Cashback within 10 days. Here's how
- Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa Signature or Visa Infinite cards. Offer valid only once per customer (including mobile recharges and bill payments). Offer period: 11th Sep to 27th Sep. Cashback within 10 days. Here's how
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
About the Author
MAKHAN LAL FOTEDAR was born in a middle-class Kashmiri Brahmin family in Mattan, Anantnag, and was initiated into politics by Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru in the 1950s. He served as Prime Minister Indira Gandhi's political secretary from 1980 to 1984 and was one of her closest confidants. He was also one of the two signatories to her will and advised her on various matters of political and national importance, as she had immense faith in his exceptional ability to understand statecraft. He played a major role in ensuring that Rajiv Gandhi succeeded his mother after her assassination. He served as Rajiv's political secretary for about three years before joining his Cabinet. He was also primarily responsible for getting Sonia Gandhi into active politics and later installing her as Congress president. He is a permanent invitee to the meetings of the Congress Working Committee, and is a member of the party's Central Election Committee. He occasionally advises the party leadership whenever his counsel is sought. He has three sons and two daughters and lives with his family in Gurgaon.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Most recent customer reviews