- 5% Instant Discount on ICICI bank Credit and Debit EMI transactions on orders above Rs. 8000 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa Signature or Visa Infinite cards. Shop during the Visa Shopping Days starting 20th to end of every month. Cashback within 3 days from shipment. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Get flat Rs.25 back using Amazon Pay UPI on minimum spends of INR 75. Offer applicable for customers on latest Android app version 126.96.36.1990; valid once per customer. Cashback will be credited as Amazon Pay balance within 10 days. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Get 50% cashback up to Rs. 50 using Axis Bank Credit & Debit Cards. Valid only on your first 2 online payments. Cashback will be credited as Amazon Pay balance within 10 days from purchase. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Save up to Rs 2400 a year; Earn 2% cash back on every order with Amazon Pay balance. Sign up now! Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- No Cost EMI available on Amazon Pay ICICI credit cards on orders above Rs. 3000 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Collect this coupon to save 5% on this product when you buy from Amazon.in. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Chief Minister’s Mistress: A Murder. a Cover-Up. a Horrifying Truth. Paperback – Jul 2015
5% coupon applied.
Sorry. You are not eligible for this coupon.
Special offers and product promotions
About the Author
Joygopal Podder has been listed by Forbes as among the top 100 celebrity authors of India. He has also been featured 4 years in a row in the Limca Book of Records as the fastest published crime fiction author of India. Chief Minister’s Mistress is his 16th book. His next book, also from Fingerprint! Publishing, is Prime Minister’s Daughter.
Joygopal is a Gold Medalist in Law from the University of Delhi. He was born in London and lives in Gurgaon with his mother, wife, and two daughters. He has held senior positions in the corporate world and has been director of three leading international NGOs.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Showing 1-2 of 2 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The plot of the book grabs your attention right off the blurb. Murder, politics and scandal is promised and so expectations were bit high when I picked up this book. The author does an admirable job in setting up the plot. But from there on the book goes downhill. There isn’t a single character in the book that stood out. Most memorable among them all is perhaps the character of the chief minister whose term at the office is well covered. However, his relationship with the victim is never actually focused on properly. So, even as a married man who had been cheating on his wife with Priyanka – his character is kept more or less intact and as a reader I couldn’t get myself to hate him either. Rajat Verma’s character as the ex-lover and the person pushing the case should have had some effect, but alas that didn’t happen either. Without a character that I liked or even hated, it was difficult for me to really invest myself in the story. The book also lagged towards the end and not all the questions were answered. Irrespective of it all, the author has managed to carry through the book with the investigation process and ample drama.
Not a book for murder mystery lovers but more for drama lovers. Pick this one up at your own risk.
Joygopal's writing style is very simple which made it easier for me to read the book as fast as possible because he has definitely written a great page-turner. This book deserves to be finished in one sitting itself. Right from the first page after prologue, the book goes on in the same fast pace and doesn't let you lose the interest from it. The characters are perfectly woven and you can imagine each one of them exactly how they were in the mind of the author. As it's a crime thriller, you wish to predict wrongly who must have killed the victim and that's the greatness of this book. You name almost every character in your mind and when the truth gets revealed in the end, you bang your head to wall for not guessing it. It's the moment where the author gets a little more rating than what he was about to get by the reader.
Joygopal calls this book his most ambitious project and it looks the way he have handled the story. The best part of this crime thriller is that it's around 225 pages when generally on the name of thriller, people do not close it down before 350 pages. The best editing has been performed on this manuscript. In the anti-climax, the way one of the most prominent character dies makes you more excited that the truth is about to be revealed. And the best part why I loved the book in the end is the way things are closed down after the killer is revealed. Not an easy task to keep the interest alive among readers even when the suspense is over but that shows the effort put in by the author in this story. I give this book 4 stars out of 5. GO FOR IT!
ABHILASH RUHELA - VEERU!!!