- Paperback: 224 pages
- Publisher: Harper Perennial Modern Classics; Reprint edition (28 May 2002)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 006008460X
- ISBN-13: 978-0060084608
- Product Dimensions: 14 x 1.4 x 20.3 cm
- Average Customer Review: 5 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #1,07,723 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ 90.00 Delivery charge
Cheaper by the Dozen (Perennial Classics) Paperback – 28 May 2002
Audio Cassette, Audiobook, Unabridged, Import
Save Extra with 1 offer
- Cashback (3): Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 50 using BHIM UPI (available only on mobile app/website) or RuPay cards. Offer period 1st September to 30th September. Cashback will be credited as Amazon Pay balance within 15 days from purchase. Here's how
- Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa debit card, credit card or ATM card. Only on your first 2 cashless orders on Amazon.in (including mobile recharges and bill payments). Offer period 4th Sep to 30th Sep. Cashback within 10 days. Here's how
- Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa Signature or Visa Infinite cards. Offer valid only once per customer (including mobile recharges and bill payments). Offer period: 11th Sep to 24th Sep. Cashback within 10 days. Here's how
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
“Gay and lighthearted...One of the most amusing books.” (The Chicago Sun-Times)
“Always entertaining, occasionally hilarious, occasionally touching....Sound Americana.” (Saturday Review of Literature)
"Instructive, funny, and very readable." (School Library Journal)
About the Author
Frank B. Gilbreth Jr. was born in 1911 in Plainfield, New Jersey, and graduated from the University of Michigan. He became a lieutenant commander in the U.S. Navy during World War II and received a Bronze Star and Air Medal. In 1947, he joined the staff of what is now the Post and Courier in Charleston, South Carolina. A columnist and reporter, he authored and coauthored several books, including Belles on Their Toes (with Ernestine Gilbreth Carey), How to Be a Father, and Time Out for Happiness. In 1950, he was corecipient (with his sister) of the French International Humor Award for Cheaper by the Dozen. He died in 2001.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Suffice it to say that "Cheaper" and "Life" belong on the same shelf together and both provide us with an interesting look at family life near the turn of the century. One adds little to the other aside from detail. Cheaper wins slightly over Life with some wonderful 1920's references from Raccoon coats to bob haircuts and flappers.
For now though, 23 skidoo!
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?