- Reading level: 16+ years
- Paperback: 192 pages
- Publisher: Diamond Books; 2019 edition (2020)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 8128400487
- ISBN-13: 978-8128400483
- Product Dimensions: 14 x 0.9 x 21.6 cm
- Customer Reviews: 728 customer ratings
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #222 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ ₹ 60.00 Delivery charge
+ ₹ 80.00 Delivery charge
+ ₹ 75.00 Delivery charge
Chanakya Neeti with Sutras of Chanakya Included Paperback – 1 January 2020
Save Extra with 3 offers
- No Cost EMI: Avail No Cost EMI on select cards for orders above ₹3000 Here's how
- Bank Offer: 5% Instant discount with HSBC Cashback card Here's how
- Partner Offers (4): Get FLAT 5% BACK with Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit card for Prime members. Flat 3% BACK for non-Prime members. Here's how
- Buy now & pay next month at 0% interest or pay in EMIs with Amazon Pay Later. Instant credit upto ₹20,000. Check eligibility here Here's how
- Avail EMI on Debit Cards. Get credit up to ₹1,00,000. Check eligibility here Here's how
- Get GST invoice and save up to 28% on business purchases. Sign up for free Here's how
This book is a good collection of sloka's. Most of them are directed to social life, the way a person should behave an act in society, family, responsibility, karma. --Sunil Kumar Behera Oct 13, 2011
Beautiful!! A key to transform a person into an ideal and strategic minded person. Translations are done in a nice manner and when u read it , you relax, you savour the beauty of its words. Chanakya's sutras are the best part of this book. It will turn out your senses and you will start to know why so many authors write books on his tactics!! in short : A must buy!!!!! --Aditya Vikram Dembla Mar 1, 2013
About the Author
From the Publisher
Chanakya Neeti (Including Sutras of Chanakya)
About Chanakya Neeti
Chanakya Neeti is a book based on Chanakya, an Indian theorist, teacher, philosopher, economist and a noble mentor to the Mauryan emperors between 350 -275 BC. The book portrays about his ideologies and ideas in diverse situations, which are pertinent even to today’s’ times. People follow his ideas to escape from the web of several evils to lead a happy and peaceful life. Chanakya was also known as Kautilya or Vishnu Gupta. He was prominent lecturer at the ancient Takshashila University. He was an expert of economics and political science. Besides teaching, he also advised the Mauryan kings, Chandragupta and his son Bindusara. Chanakya played a crucial role in the establishment and expansion of the Mauryan Empire.
In this book, the author tells about Arthashastra, the ancient thesis about Indian Polity. The book focuses on Chanakya’s detailed theories. He wrote his discoveries as to the manner people used to live their lives in ancient India. The book explains the behaviours and patterns a person should follow with different people in life.
For the first time, Chanakya Neeti and Chanakya Sutras are compiled in this book to make Chanakya’s invaluable wisdom easily available to the common readers. This book presents Chanakya’s powerful strategies and principles in a very lucid manner for the benefit of our valuable readers.
About the Author
One of the greatest figures of wisdom and knowledge in the Indian history is Chanakya. Chanakya is regarded as a great thinker and diplomat in India who is traditionally identified as Kautilya or Vishnu Gupta. Originally a professor of economics and political science at the ancient Takshashila University, Chanakya managed the first Maurya Emperor Chandragupta's rise to power at a young age. Instead of acquiring the seat of kingdom for himself, he crowned Chandragupta Maurya as the emperor and served as his chief advisor. Chanakya Neeti is a treatise on the ideal way of life, and shows Chanakya's deep study of the Indian way of life. These practical and powerful strategies provide a path to live an orderly and planned life. If these strategies are followed in any sphere of life, victory is certain. Chanakya also developed Neeti-Sutras (aphorisms – pithy sentences) that tell people how they should behave. Chanakya used these sutras to groom Chandragupta in the art of ruling a kingdom.
A must-read for all!
- 1. One of the greatest self-help books ever written by this genius. 2. Must read if you are thinking for a business start-up. 3. Contains many theories & 'slokas' of Chanakya that teaches you to deal with different situations in life, how to handle people etc. 4. The words of this genius are equally helpful for people of ALL age groups & genders. 5. This book will teach you the right way to take decisions in the problems & opportunities of life. By R Mukherjee
- I would highly recommend this book for everyone. It gives direction and basics of living. Also most importantly comply to ones duties and responsibilities (dharma).By Aalia
Chanakya Neeti is a must read book
- Chanakya Neeti is a must read book for everyone who wants to come across the timeless wisdom of the King Maker to one of the mightiest empires ever. Chanakya is brutal and merciless while enunuciating the practical reality of the human world. He doesn't mince his words and at no point he indulges in sugar coating the truth. His wisdom is definitely timeless and eternal which still holds true to this day. Not everything said by Chanakya could be followed in today's times.By Avinash Singh
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Review this product
Read reviews that mention
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. One of the greatest self-help books ever written by this genius.
2. Must red if you are thinking for a business start-up.
3. Contains many theories & 'slokas' of Chanakya that teaches you to deal with different situations in life, how to handle people etc.
4. The words of this genius are equally helpful for people of ALL age groups & genders.
5. This book will teach you the right way to take decisions in the problems & opportunities of life.
1. Some of the theories of Chanakya are anti-feministic which may anoy you IF you are a strong feminist.
2. Some of his sayings are meant for his times only, & are not applicable for modern world.
My personal experience:
This book totally met my expectations, & is surely a life-changing book at Rs 102. So, if you have Rs 102, in your pocket, just blindly go for it without any doubt...it would change the way you view 'life'.
If you liked our review, kindly give it a Helpful vote...it helps:)
Chanakya Neeti is a must read book for everyone who wants to come across the timeless wisdom of the King Maker to one of the mightiest empires ever. Chanakya is brutal and merciless while enunuciating the practical reality of the human world. He doesn't mince his words and at no point he indulges in sugar coating the truth. His wisdom is definitely timeless and eternal which still holds true to this day. Not everything said by Chanakya could be followed in today's times. Having said that it deserves 5 stars had it been devoid of spelling mistakes.
Just go through the Sanskrit Shlokas and it's meaning in english of every page. Close the book, reflect on it and try to imbibe virtues from it. Do this every day and you shall see your life transforming for the better.
A word of caution over here do remember that it was written over 2000 years ago, so his views on women do not hold good.
Only drawback is that the book contains several spelling mistakes even in its 2019 edition.
Dear spiritual seeker , self help book lover and soul searcher this book needs a space in your personal library!! Go for it!!
Top international reviews
Do not miss this opportunity of an excellent translation at a very reasonable price of one of the masters of politics who was truly a sage and family oriented person.
The original neetis in Sansrit, their pronunciation in English and the translation is mentioned as well. I read this randomly from whatever interested me (meaning not from start) and found it useful and to the point.. The author has done a good job of translation and selection of the Neetis. He could have made it more interesting though by explaining and linking up some contradictory strategies but for a price of a dollar, this book is worth its price.
and in fact difficult to put down