- Actors: Chandraprakash Dwivedi, Kurush Deboo, Irfan Khan, Sanjay Mishra, Navneet Nishan
- Directors: Chandraprakash Dwivedi
- Language: Hindi
- Region: Region 5 (Read more about DVD formats.)
- Number of discs: 6
- Rated: U (Universal)
- Studio: Moserbaer
- Product Release Date: 1 Dec 2013
- Average Customer Review: 35 customer reviews
- ASIN: B00ID4ZFZA
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #4,649 in Movies & TV Shows (See Top 100 in Movies & TV Shows)
Pay on Delivery (Cash/Card) eligible
What is this?
Pay on Delivery (POD) includes Cash on Delivery (COD) as well as Debit card / Credit card / Net banking payments at your doorstep.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
Return Policy on this item
All items in Movies & TV shows are non returnable. Learn more
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Chanakya by Chandraprakash Dwivedi is a 47-part epic saga on Indian television. This historical drama was originally broadcasted from September 1991 to August 1992. It stars Chandraprakash Dwivedi as Chanakya, Mitesh Safari as young Chanakya and Irrfan Khan as Commander Bhadrachala. Chandraprakash Dwivedi's Chanakya has won five Uptron Awards and has been hailed as a milestone on Indian television.
This Chanakya box set contains DVDs that will take viewers into 4th century BCE. It presents a fictionalised account of the life of one of the greatest teachers that has ever lived, Chanakya. Chandraprakash Dwivedi's series also shows the politics that governed relations between officers and Kings in that era. At the same time, viewers will also have the opportunity to peek into the lives of ordinary citizens. This series is broadly divided into three parts. The first portion covers Chanakya's early years in the kingdom of Magadha. The director focuses on the circumstances that lead to the self-imposed exile of the central character. This part also highlights the persecution of Chanakya's father by the King of Magadha, Dhanananda (Suraj Chaddha). The following part of the series is about the invasion of India by Alexander (Shahrukh Irani) and his subsequent death. Under the leadership of Chandragupta Maurya (Dinesh Shakul), Indians rebelled and defeated the Greek invaders who came as Alexander's successors. The last portion of Chandraprakash Dwivedi's Chanakya narrates how the Nanda rule in Magadha was put to an end, leading to Chandragupta becoming the King of Magadha.
This Chanakya box set will help readers understand an important era in Indian history and introduce readers to the great Chanakya. This Hindi DVD, released by Moserbaer in 2013, has a U (Universal) rating.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
It takes almost 5-7 minutes of ads etc for every DVD before starting the actual content.
These ads cannot be fast forwarded and one must see them.
After that, there is no capability to go specific chapters.
One has to perforce start from the beginning only.
About the product
1. The packaging is really nice. It basically has two DVD cases each containing 6 DVDs.
2. The resolution is original resolution and has not been enhanced in any way. The resolution is CRT TV grade so don't expect too much clarity while playing it on a widescreen LED TV. (My take would be if you can buy a Video CD then don't put money in DVD)