- Hardcover: 1936 pages
- Publisher: John Murray Learning; 12 edition (26 August 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 055010237X
- ISBN-13: 978-0550102379
- Product Dimensions: 18.4 x 5.7 x 26.7 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4 customer reviews
The Chambers Dictionary, 12th Edition Hardcover – 26 Aug 2011
There is a newer edition of this item:
Save Extra with 1 offer
- Cashback (3): Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 50 using BHIM UPI (available only on mobile app/website) or RuPay cards. Offer period 1st September to 30th September. Cashback will be credited as Amazon Pay balance within 15 days from purchase. Here's how
- Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa debit card, credit card or ATM card. Only on your first 2 cashless orders on Amazon.in (including mobile recharges and bill payments). Offer period 4th Sep to 30th Sep. Cashback within 10 days. Here's how
- Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa Signature or Visa Infinite cards. Offer valid only once per customer (including mobile recharges and bill payments). Offer period: 11th Sep to 27th Sep. Cashback within 10 days. Here's how
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
"Chambers is the one I keep at my right hand"
"The Chambers Dictionary stands out like a baroque mansion in a city of faceless concrete"
"To look up a word in Chambers is to be able to unpack its meaning and also to marvel at its compactness . . . . Chambers is an open door to words at their wittiest, most rooted, most revealing, and most powerful"
"This fossicking for undiscovered jewels is, of course, one of the chief pleasures of a dictionary . . . A page a day keeps the doddypolls at bay "
"Chambers is the kind of dictionary with which people who like to play with words begin to feel an affinity. Its vocabulary is so vast and variegated that crossword fans find it a valuable resource."
"We shall not rest until every Independent reader is saying to him or herself, 'I wonder what 'humdudgeon' means. I must just go and look it up.'"
"Scrabble players have traditionally used The Chambers Dictionary . . . . Never has cursing been so creative"
"Chambers is the best one-volume dictionary from the wrong side of the Atlantic"
"authority and reliability"
'The 12th edition of The Chambers Dictionary is the most useful and diverting single-volume work-hoard available. It's somehow good to know that a zizel is a chipmunk'
The dictionary for word loversSee all Product description
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Contains Maximum words with maximum meanings.
But be careful if you want things clean and clear.In such case go for Chamber's 21st century dictionary.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
So far it has all of my 'test case for dictionaries' listed and defined, including paronomasia