Canon EF 17-40mm f/4L USM Lens
|Lens Type||Zoom lens|
|Compatible Mountings||Canon EF|
|Camera Lens Description||40 millimetres|
|Maximum Focal Length||40 Millimeters|
About this item
- This super wide-angle zoom lens allows you to take wide photographs even with digital SLR cameras which have a screen size smaller than 35mm, covering the range from a super wide-angle 17mm to a standard 40mm
- Three aspherical lens elements which come in two types deliver both a wide zoom range and high image quality, while the super UD lens elements provide excellent correction of the magnification-type chromatic aberration. Innovations such as a lens coating optimized for digital photography help minimize flare and ghosts, which often occur with digital cameras
- Innovations such as a lens coating optimized for digital photography help minimize flare and ghosts, which often occur with digital cameras. The circular aperture diaphragm which brings out a nuanced blur and the achievement of a closest focusing distance of 0.28m over the whole range of the zoom, not only help you in composition, but the quiet, high-speed autofocus and the outstanding dust-proof1 construction make this lens extremely mobile
- The front filter mount does not rotate during focusing, so there is no problem when using circular PL filters or other filters, and in combination with the EF70-200mm f/4L IS USM you can get the right shot almost anywhere you go
- Dust-proof and drip-proof models: EOS 1Ds Mark III, EOS 1Ds Mark II, EOS 1Ds, EOS 1D Mark III, EOS 1D Mark II N, EOS 1D Mark II, EOS 1D, EOS 1V/HS
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Product detailsStyle name:Lens Only
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 9.7 x 8.4 x 8.4 cm; 500 Grams
- Date First Available : 13 February 2013
- Manufacturer : Canon
- ASIN : B00009R6WO
- Item model number : 8806A002
- Manufacturer : Canon
- Item Weight : 500 g
- Item Dimensions LxWxH : 9.7 x 8.4 x 8.4 Centimeters
- Included Components : LP1319 Lens Pouch Case , EW-83-E lens Hood.
- Best Sellers Rank: #686,826 in Electronics (See Top 100 in Electronics)
- Customer Reviews:
The EF 17-40mm f/4L USM Lens from Canon is a high quality series wide angle zoom lens for full frame and APS-C size DSLR cameras. It combines one high-precision molded glass aspherical element and two replica aspherical lenses to achieve the extended zoom range, while also correcting for common aberrations that arise during zooming. A Super UD (Ultra-low Dispersion) glass element minimizes the chromatic aberration of magnification which tends to occur with wide-angle lenses, to help eliminate color bleed along the edges of the subject and achieve high image contrast and resolution. The lens minimum focusing distance is just 11 (28cm) throughout its entire range of focal lengths, which makes it very useful for close-up work. All of the focusing and zooming action is done internally, with no changes in the size of the lens. Its ultrasonic autofocus motor enables smooth and silent autofocus action and manual focus override in One Shot AF mode allows precise manual focusing without switching into MF mode. It only uses lead-free optics to help the environment, and features a circular diaphragm for improved background blur. The housing is water and dust resistant to help ensure reliable performance for both professionals and enthusiasts. Like many lenses, it uses 77mm filters, but also has a rear gelatin filter slot behind the lens mount that can hold three gel filters. This lens is a Canon EF series lens, indicating it is for use with full-frame cameras. However, it also works with APS-C format DSLRs and offers a 35mm focal length equivalence of 27-64mm, making it an ideal medium-aperture standard zoom lens. A super wide-angle zoom lens for full-frame DSLR and 35mm film cameras that offers a 27-64mm focal length equivalent when used on APS-c size sensors. Uses three aspherical lens elements and Canon.
Top reviews from India
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Top reviews from other countries
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 10 January 2021
Reviewed in Canada on 1 June 2017
Reviewed in Canada on 28 October 2020