Canon EOS 1200D 18MP Digital SLR Camera (Black) with 18-55mm and 55-250mm IS II Lens,8GB card and Carry Bag
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- 18 megapixel CMOS (APS-C) image sensor
- High-performance DIGIC 4 image processor
- ISO 100-6400 (expandable to H: 12800) to shoot from bright to dim light
- EOS full HD movie mode to capture brilliant results
- Scene intelligent auto mode to deliver expertly optimized photos
- 9-point AF system (including one center cross-type AF point) and AI servo
- EOS 1200D digital SLR body
| The order quantity for this product is limited to 1 unit per customer|
Please note that orders which exceed the quantity limit will be auto-canceled. This is applicable across sellers.
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Description for Canon EOS 1200D 18MP Digital SLR Camera (Black) with Body Only, 8GB Card and Carry
Canon, which is one of the global leaders in the world of photography, has been creating cameras with diverse models. This time, Canon has come up with an 18 Mega pixel Digital SLR camera for all you people, who love capturing moments every now and then. With the advent of this particular product, Canon has made DSLR photography possible for everybody. This latest model by Canon host multiple user-friendly features and creative filters through which it would be easier for DSLR users to click attractive images with sharper details and gorgeous background blur. Canon EOS 1200D 18MP Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm and 55-250 mm IS Lens is easy to use and it delivers results that you will love for sure. Users are allowed to click pictures and even shoot videos with a character and quality of their own. The images are packed with detail and are large enough in sizes. The optical viewfinder of this camera moreover helps users to compose and foresee their shots. The product has friendly controls that are intuitive to use. You will surely love the ergonomic design of Canon camera. This product is provided with a user-friendly carry bag that will help you carry the device easily. So, if you love clicking pictures, you should definitely go for this Canon product. This user-friendly product with multiple features will no doubt live up to your expectations.
Compare with similar items
Nikon D3400 Digital Camera Kit (Black) + Lens AF-P DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR + AF-P DX Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3G ED VR + 16 GB Class 10 SD Card + DSLR Bag
Nikon D3400 24.2 MP Digital SLR Camera (Black) + AF-P DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Lens Kit + 16GB Card + Camera Bag
Canon EOS 70D 20.2MP Digital SLR Camera (Black) with EF-S 18-135mm IS STM Kit Lens
Canon EOS 80D 24.2MP Digital SLR Camera (Black) + EF-S 18-55mm STM Lens Kit + Memory card
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV 30.4 MP Digital SLR Camera (Black) + EF 24-105mm IS II USM Lens Kit
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||—||Appario Retail Private Ltd||Appario Retail Private Ltd||Cloudtail India||Appario Retail Private Ltd||Cloudtail India|
|Display Size||3 inches||3 inches||3 inches||3 inches||3 inches||3.2 inches|
|Included Components||EOS 1200D Digital SLR body, 1 Rechargeable lithium-ion LP-E10 battery , Battery Charger LP-E10, Interface Cable, Camera Instruction Manual CD, EOS Digital Solution Disk, Software Instruction Manual CD, Camera Basic Instruction Manual Booklet, 8GB Card, Camera Bag, 18-55mm and 55-250mm IS Lens||EN-EL14a rechargeable Li-ion battery (with terminal cover), MH-24 battery charger, DK-25 rubber eyecup, BF-1B body cap, AN-DC3 strap||EN-EL14a rechargeable Li-ion battery (with terminal cover), MH-24 battery charger, DK-25 rubber eyecup, BF-1B body cap, AN-DC3 strap||Canon EOS 70D Digital SLR Body, EF-S 18-135mm IS STM Kit Lens, Battery pack, Battery charger, Interface Cable, Strap, EOS Digital Solution Disk, Software Instruction Manual CD and Camera Basic Instruction Manual Booklet||EOS 80D Body, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Lens,Battery Pack LP-E6N, Battery Charger LC-E6, Eyecup Eb, Wide Strap||EOS 5D Mark IV Body, EF 24-105mm IS II USM lens, Battery Charger LC-E6, Battery Pack LP-E6N|
|ISO Range||100 - 6400||ISO 100 to 25600||—||100 - 6400||—||ISO 100 to 25600|
|Item Dimensions (Length * Breadth * Height)||20.9 x 33.81 x 18.49 Centimetres||12.4 x 7.6 x 9.8 Centimetres||12.4 x 7.5 x 9.8 Centimetres||7.85 x 13.9 x 10.43 Centimetres||24.38 x 17.78 x 13.46 Centimetres||14.99 x 7.62 x 11.68 Centimetres|
|Item Weight||480 grams||445 grams||395 grams||0.76 kg||1.72 kg||0.8 kg|
|Max Shutter Speed||1/200 seconds||30||30||30 seconds||30 seconds||30 seconds|
|Optical Sensor Resolution||18 megapixels||24.2 megapixels||24.2 megapixels||20.2 megapixels||24.2 megapixels||30.4 megapixels|
|Optical Sensor Technology||CMOS||CMOS||—||CMOS||CMOS||CMOS|
|Video Capture Resolution||1920 x 1080||—||—||1920 x 1080||—||—|
From the manufacturer
Incredible Picture Quality
Experience delightful detail with the Canon EOS 1200D 18 MP Digital SLR camera. Unleash your creativity and capture emotions in every moment with Canon DSLR camera that’s easy-to-use and lets you capture super sharp images.
Capture the action like never before with the Canon EOS 1200D DSLR camera. The 18 MP images that you click on this camera are detail-rich. They are large enough to be printed at sizes up to A2+. It lets you capture astonishingly smooth and beautiful videos that look great when played on the HDTV at your home.
EOS Companion App to Enhance DSLR Photography
Want to get the best start in photography? Get to know your Canon EOS 1200D DSLR camera with the free EOS Companion App that teaches you about the controls in the camera, provides solutions to common problems and also lets you explore DSLR photography basics with video tutorials.
Perfection in Every Light
Capture your stories during the day or when the light levels get low with the CMOS sensor in this Canon DSLR camera. It is guaranteed to capture great pictures even in low lit areas. Reduce the need to use flash, shoot with ambient light or remain discreet while you capture priceless moments and expressions.
Versatile Camera and Lens System
Designed to meet the needs of the novice or the professional photographer, the Canon EOS 1200D DSLR camera analyses the scene to sets the appropriate settings for capturing fast-moving actions or stunning landscapes. With the built-in feature guide and a supporting app, you’ll be learning all about the camera and its shooting capabilities when you choose.
Take Control with Ease:
Want to capture sharp and defined details? This camera comes with an optical viewfinder that lets you compose and anticipate your shot. With a large 3-inch or 7.5 centimetre screen to view your images and friendly controls to click them, you’ll take creative control in no time.
Creative Filters to Capture Astonishingly Beautiful Shots
Alter the mood or the visual effect of a setting, expand your creativity with the Creative Filters that include Grainy Black and White, Soft focus, Fish-eye effect, Toy camera effect and Miniature effect. These filters help you add a personal touch to your shots. You can even shoot a characteristic shot in DSLR photography by emphasising the main subject in the photo and isolating it against a soft and a blurred background.
Nine Focussing Points for Interesting Compositions
With nine focussing points spread out across the viewfinder of the Canon EOS 1200D DSLR camera, you can place your subject anywhere between the middle of the frame or off-centre for an interesting composition. Enjoy a new level of customisation or inject a fun element into your photographs by choosing to focus your subject.
Extensive Lens Ranges:
No matter what you like taking pictures of, the extensive Canon EF and EF-S lens ranges has got you covered. Capturing dramatic landscapes, expressive architectural images or your subject in detail, it’s possible with the Canon EF and EF-S lens range that includes a telephoto lens or an ultra-wide-angle zoom lens.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Simply put, the Canon 1200d is to dSLR what a Tata nano is to cars. There are the BMWs, Audis and the Swifts, but only cost does not give this a Five stars!
Most of the 5 stars are from 1st time SLR users who are in the so called honey moon period. I am not saying this camera is bad, but this is being over hyped here.
Remember, this camera has its limitations due to its low cost build. There are so many point and shoot cameras at the 12K range that have better build, resolution, zoom, aperture, display screen, good glass lens, panel and what not? Most of the features in dSLR are things which you would NEVER use and that’s the reason I am saying please get a camera for your requirement and not just because you are getting a cheap dSLR.
Do not sell your Harley Davison to buy a Tata Nano. This is a doctor’s prescription, what works for me may not work for you. I am just trying to be sensible here.
My two cents to all proud owners –
1. Canon has given you a wonderful lens. Do not spoil it with a UV filter. Most filters sold are just glass pieces that do more harm than good to the photos.
2. Try to put the cam on Manual focus. Half click as you focus till you get the beep. It takes time to learn but this will give you sensational pics and also will save the battery and the lens. Remember lens can get damaged if it is in AF and you try to focus manually.
3. Never change the lens in a dusty place. Invisible dust can enter the cam and can cause blurring in picture.
Photos taken by camera started to come faulty after few days. In October 2016, I sent camera to Mumbai master service center through Pune service center. They took 3 weeks to look the camera first time for the problem. The technician and manager there said that some intense light like sun rays or laser damaged CMOS sensor and that is customer's fault. And they didn't give me camera repaired under warranty though I explained my side. Ok. The Manager said you will have to pay rs10,000rs for sensor and 2,000 rs for labour charges. I got shocked. I said you are selling this camera body with two lenses @18000rs after discount online in offer and you are charging rs 10,000 just for a sensor? It's ridiculous. I told them this is illogical and not affordable to me. He told me that it's very difficult to replace a sensor. There are around 1000 settings that has to be done while placing a new sensor. After lot of discussion and arguments he gave discount of rs 1,000 on sensor and 2,000rs labour charges waived off.( Now total cost 9,000rs). He might thought that the customer do not have any other option or way than to get replaced from him at any cost. I disagreed and asked him to return the camera. I was communicating with the manager through email and phone for one month. Hence I got the camera unrepaired.
Then after some enquiry at local private repair center in Pune i found one reliable shop at Laxmi road. i got New Original (as duplicate sensors are not manufactured) Canon CMOS sensor replaced at 4,500rs!!! ( See the attached photos with new sensor.) Now it's working fine after 2-3 months.
Means OFFICIAL Canon Mumbai service center was cheating me for 9,000-4,500= 4,500rs!! Hope written review is helpful to you! Press the helpful button if you think so. Have Happy photography!
Here are my observations after using it for a week(I bought it about a month back).
1. A very good camera for the first time DSLR users. It has intuitive menu and controls layout. Doesn't take much time to get familiarized with it and start using it. I would recommend to get yourself familiarized with it's settings by watching some youtube tutorials while you are waiting for it to arrive. And also, at least, skim through it's user's guide.
2. The dual lenses combo kit is awesome. It comes with almost everything that a beginner needs to get started. Camera body, a versatile 18-55mm and 55-250mm telephoto lenses with built in image stabilization, a memory card(8GB) and a basic camera bag.
3. Comfortable to hold and easy to handle.
4. Doesn't compromize on key specifications/features even though it's an entry level DSLR. It can do almost anything that a mid level DSLR camera can do.
5. Good battery life. Sufficient to last an entire day's session(500 photos).
6. Genuine products are being sold online at a much reasonable price than retail stores. I could register the camera on Canon edge site.
7. Complementary photography basics workshop(which I've yet to attend).
1. The companion app is not available in India. Not sure why.
2. Proprietary battery as is the case with almost every camera model these days. I would have liked it more if it supported standard AA batteries which we can buy on the go if we ever run out of batteries. The camera has a good battery life so not a big concern.
2. The DSLR bag received along with the camera is not a Canon branded bag. It's a generic bag which can be bought online for just Rs. 250/-. It's ok kind of a bag. However, I think, we should buy a better quality bag which can easily accommodate the camera body, two lenses and other accessories in it and provide better cushioning. It's a freebie so cannot demand much.
Suggestions to Canon (hope someone from Canon reads it :)):
1. Please make the companion app available in India.
2. With reduction in memory card prices, may be, it should come with a 16GB card instead of a 8GB card.
Buying a DSLR camera is just a beginning. You may soon start buying other accessories as well. Luckily though, the kit comes with most of the essential things. I've bought following accessories so far:
1. Osaka 58mm ultra slim MCUV filters (very good).
2. Circular Polarizer Filter(Osaka) (not used yet)
3. A basic tripod(Benro T600EX) (not used yet)
4. Screen protector(JJC LCP-1200D) (good)
5. Lens hoods pair(Numex) (just ok)
As you can see, I'm preferring value for money options to start with as these are not core accessories(except may be for tripod) and as I want to wait for some time to see if my interest in photography lasts long enough before spending serious money.
1. Some memory cards
2. A better camera bag
3. A cleaning kit or at least a blower.
4. A spare battery
5. A monopod
It's a great camera to have as your first DSLR camera. The price seems to vary/swing a lot. Keep watching the price and buy it when the price drops. I think, anything below Rs. 25K makes it a very good value for money combo.