- Paperback: 144 pages
- Publisher: Cambridge University Press; 2016 edition (2016)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9781316627310
- ISBN-13: 978-1316627310
- ASIN: 1316627314
- Package Dimensions: 23 x 17.8 x 1 cm
- Average Customer Review: 105 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #170 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Cambridge English: IELTS 11 General Training with Answers (With Audio CD) Paperback – 2016
Save Extra with 1 offer
- Cashback (3): Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 50 using BHIM UPI (available only on mobile app/website) or RuPay cards. Offer period 1st September to 30th September. Cashback will be credited as Amazon Pay balance within 15 days from purchase. Here's how
- Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa debit card, credit card or ATM card. Only on your first 2 cashless orders on Amazon.in (including mobile recharges and bill payments). Offer period 4th Sep to 30th Sep. Cashback within 10 days. Here's how
- Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa Signature or Visa Infinite cards. Offer valid only once per customer (including mobile recharges and bill payments). Offer period: 11th Sep to 24th Sep. Cashback within 10 days. Here's how
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Firstly, the most important things that you will want to know: -
●No Book can teach you English as a crash course. This book is not an English learning course.
●This is an IELTS preparation practice book for aspirants who want to appear for the exam.
●This is preparatory book only for the General Training Module and NOT for the Academic Module.
●There are four practice samples tests in this book (4x Reading, Listening, Writing and Speaking).
●The purpose of this book is to familiarize you with the format of the IELTS exam, so that you know what to expect in each of the four formats.
●Realistically, only the Reading and Listening sample tests will be of practical use to you as you can score yourself with the actual correct answers.
●Writing test is subjective to how you write and there is no way to score yourself on it. However you could study the model answers and figure out how to construct your answers and arguments or how to build the beginning and how to conclude your essays and responses. Read as many model answers as you can from books and on the internet.
●Speaking is also subjective and although you will get a fair idea regarding the flow of the conversation at the interview and the time you’re supposed to spend answering each question, by listening to the mock interviews and the transcripts. You will have to prepare yourself not just on the possible topics but on the approach you will take to respond on stuff you’re an expert on or on topics which you have no clue about. Hot tip: See some YouTube videos on Mock IELTS interviews to prepare.
●I did all the tests in this book (among others) and was confident when I appeared for my IELTS exam regarding the formats the questions would be in, and how I was expected to mark and answer them. I felt prepared.
In my opinion, you should get this book, and any others you can, and practice hard before you take the test. If you’re not scoring high on practice tests, then introspect where and why you are going wrong. Prepare some more. Both British Council and IDP have sample material which they provide after you enroll for the test. (IDP sent me a Sample Practice Book and had practice model papers after login also)
However do not make the mistake of purchasing this book to learn English. This book is not for that.
My final IELTS score total = 8.5 Band.
Hope this Helps!
If you want to attend mock tests before attending the actual exam, then this book is for you. You will feel like you attended 4 IELTS general tests.
Most recent customer reviews