- Platform: Windows XP
- PEGI Rating: Ages 16 and Over
- Media: Video Game
- Item Quantity: 1
Call of Duty 2 (PC)
- Call of Duty 2 Game of the Year includes 2 New Multiplayer Maps. Command British Crusader tanks as you and your fellow commanders relentlessly push back General Rommel, "the Desert Fox," across the sands of North America. Follow the U.S. Army Rangers to Normandy, as you use amphibious troop carriers and rocket-propelled grappling hooks to storm and scale the cliffs at Pointe du Hoc
- Rely on your squad as never before: The dozens of Allied soldiers surrounding you are fully aware of the changing situations around them, and will let you know using an all-new, context-sensitive battle chatter system. They will draw enemy fire, lay down cover for you, use foxholes and moving tanks for cover, and warn you of incoming enemy troops and hostile fire
- As a Russian tank hunter, battle through bombed-out urban chaos, eradicating the German threat with satchel charges and stolen Panzerschreck rockets. The #1 WWII shooter development team returns with an amazing new experience: Developed by Infinity Ward, creators of the award-winning Call of Duty. All-new, unprecedented enhancements from stunningly realistic graphics to seamless gameplay, thanks to the revolutionary COD2 engine, groundbreaking AI, and choice-based gameplay innovations
- Conflicts and enemies to face: Call of Duty 2 brings you bigger battles, with more tanks, troops, and explosions on-screen, and bigger scope, with a wide range of locales and environments across the European Theater. Fight "The Desert Fox" across the scorching sands of North Africa as wave upon wave of tanks clash in the desert
- Choice-based gameplay: Play through missions in the order you see fit. Will you decide to play first as a sniper or as a tank commander? It's your call. Open-ended battlefields allow you to individualize your tactics and choose the order in which you complete your objectives. Multiplayer Mayhem: Go online for intense Axis vs. Allies team-based multiplayer action, building on the hugely popular Call of Duty multiplayer modes
|Note: The order quantity for this product is limited to 1 unit per customer.|
Please note that orders which exceed the quantity limit will be auto-canceled. This is applicable across sellers.
|This item is non-returnable.Learn more|
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Call of Duty 2 redefines the cinematic intensity and chaos of battle as seen through the eyes of ordinary soldiers fighting together in epic WWII conflicts. Play through 27 epic Single Player missions in Call of Duty 2 Game of the Year spanning three campaigns and battle using vehicles, including authentic WWII tanks. Includes more immense, more intense, more realistic battles than ever before! Includes 2 new multiplayer maps. Open-ended battlefields allow you to individualize your tactics and choose the order in which you complete your objectives. Multiplayer Mayhem: Go online for intense Axis vs. Allies team-based multiplayer action, building on the hugely popular Call of Duty multiplayer modes
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
1. This is the Game of the Year version, and it comes as a 1.2 version. The online servers, however, usually run on 1.0 or 1.3 version. So you might wanna install a 1.3 patch after the installation for online play.
2. Punkbuster seems to stop updating its anti-cheating service for CoD2, so you need to install and update punkbuster for CoD2 in a different way by extracting the files directly into the game folder. How-to videos can be found at Youtube.
3. For some reason I cannot find any server in the in-game server browser, no matter how I change the filter settings and which version of the game I run (1.2, 1.3). I would recommend using 3rd party software to mange game servers (e.g. HLSW).
In general the game is great. I would be better if the instruction manual were in colors (I have a pdf version of the manual in colors)
As I finished Call of Duty 1 last night for the third time, I couldn't wait to get into the action. In the first of (3) major campaigns you start out defending Moscow as a soldier in the Russian Army. The gameplay is fierce and intense as you are thrust right into battle. You move fast; the graphics are great and the sound is real. If you don't make it you are started from the last auto-save point and your health is regulated by how many hits you take and if you move out of the line-of-fire you health restores shortly instead of looking for health packs.
I haven't played this game long enough to notice any serious flaws and I don't think I'll have any complaints as long as what I've seen so far. Call of Duty 2 is a great game and comes highly recommended.
The Pros - This game has very good graphics, a very good story line in single player, and the multiplayer is server based with clans which are dedicated to basic stock maps to extreme mods. Today's basic computer will have no problem running the game.
The Cons - There should have been an expansion pack that followed it....just like cod uo....so tanks and other vehicles could have been added. The graphics are very good, but are not "bleeding edge". If your looking for a game that delivers that, buy a present day game.
Summary - As I said: I bought two (one for me, one for my son). Smooth FPS shooter with both good single and multiplayer game type. It is an older game , so the population on the servers won't be like on todays console games. Very expandible with mods and skins, ect. Today's computers will run it well....but if you have windows 7....make sure you insert the disk, right click and open it, then run it from the executible( not auto run, you might get an error message). What are you waiting for??? BUY IT !!! It's a fun game . :)
The game is fantastic, great graphics for how old it is (when set to higher settings on good pc) and best of all, there's still and active online community! (mostly mods though)
Good Graphics for how old it is(with right settings)
Still active online community
Install takes awhile
Campaign was kind of short
Overall I would recommend this to any Call Of Duty fan that hasn't played the older versions, or just any FPS fan out there!