CREATIVE SOUND BLASTER OMNI 5.1
Pay on Delivery (Cash/Card) eligible
What is this?
Pay on Delivery (POD) includes Cash on Delivery (COD) as well as Debit card / Credit card / Net banking payments at your doorstep.
| The order quantity for this product is limited to 2 unit per customer|
Please note that orders which exceed the quantity limit will be auto-canceled. This is applicable across sellers.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Description for CREATIVE SOUND BLASTER OMNI 5.1
CREATIVE SOUND BLASTER OMNI 5.1 Sound Blaster Audio Quality, with USB Simplicity Featuring a built-in dual microphone array for crystal-clear voice communication and customizable SBX Pro Studio audio technologies, and a studio-grade 600 ohm headphone amplifier, the Sound Blaster Omni Surround 5.1 is ideal for anyone looking to seriously upgrade their PC or Mac audio experience.
Compare with similar items
ProElite 6 Channel External Sound Card 5.1 Surround Sound USB 2.0 External Optical S/PDIF Audio Sound Card Adapter for PC Laptop
CREATIVE BLASTER SOUND X-FI SORROUND PRO-5.1
Creative SB1510 Sound Blaster ZxR SBX High Performance PCIE Gaming Sound Card with Audio Control Module & DBPro daughter board for PC & MAC
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||Elites Accessories||ElectroBot||AIIPL_BLR|
|Item Dimensions (Length * Breadth * Height)||6.8 x 15 x 3.2 Centimetres||—||12.2 x 8.2 x 2 Centimetres||37.03 x 10.46 x 20.12 Centimetres|
|Item Weight||128 grams||340 grams||0.54 kg||1.25 kg|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The inbuild sound-card of the MacBook Pro is great and better than in most computers.
But even then, the playback quality of "Creative Sound Blaster Omni 5.1" is fantastic and so much better. If you have high quality headphones and/or quality Amplifier + Speakers, then you will be amazed about the sound from this "USB Soundcard.
- A Sound Feast -
And the software (SBX Pro Studio) which comes along with this USB-Soundcard is also very useful und good.
And also the double-microphone inside the soundcard is even better than the excellent MacBook inbuild microphone.
So far, at least 200% satisfied with the Sound Blaster Omni 5.1
This product is slight improvement over the Sound Blaster X-Fi. This product goes ahead and offers some support for Mac as well. Mind you, it does NOT offer complete Mac support: The Digital Live Encoding is still not implemented for OSX platform.
Who is this for?
- If you are someone who loves music on your headphones, but use your Desktop or Laptop to listen to it most of the time.
- If you are a gamer and have been using your internal sound card.
- If you love listening to surround sound on your 5.1 computer speakers connected to your computer
Who this is NOT for?
- If you have a hi-fi audio system, AV Receiver, THX Certified unit, DTS device hooked up to your system.
- If you are a audiophile and have the ear for those finest of chimes and can tell what frequency note is playing.
- If you listen to music on a portable device like a tablet or mobile.
So basically what is this product?
Creative calls it the external sound card to attract the gamers and PC enthusiast and indeed it is one. It is basically a High quality DAC (Digital to Analog converter) without a dedicated chip for it along with a low power headphone amp (claims to be able to feed 600Ohms cans) which connects to your computer via USB port to pull out the digital signals and outputs the processed audio either digital (optical), analog (6 separate channels for 5.1) and the headphone.
Do you need this device?
It is really upto you to decide, but I can assure you that if you have been listening to audio from your computer directly or via a pair of headphones, the addition of this device will make you realize the difference of day and night. The simple reason being that the DAC built into your computer suffers from internal interferences and does not really utilize a superior quality electronics. This external device patches up that gap and brings you a whole new world enough for you to want to listen to all your music collection over again for those sounds you have never heard before. Not to mention, a high quality pair of headphones or powered speakers will speak a different tune altogether.
This device is capable to split your digital data into 6 discrete channels (5.1). The creative bloatware offers you some controls which are descent enough for home entertainment and gaming scenario. You can hook up your speakers or high end audio system to this, but on Mac, the optical cable will not carry your encoded data as of now.
- Its pure plastic and is quite well justified for the segment it is targeted.
- The volume control knob offers a good convenience and is capable to control your computer's volume (PC & Mac) without requirement of drivers.
- Pressing the same knob down offers to mute/unmute the audio which is again a very nice touch.
- Front microphones are a boon for audio/video chat on your system and exhibit good response in the mid range segment (vocals).
Why only 4 stars then?
This is not the BEST one out there. You have other options much superior available on this site itself.
- Great sound quality output compared to a computer's internal sound card
- Hardware Volume knob is helpful quite often than you will realize
- Mute option is life saving sometimes (LED blinks on mute)
- Good no of input and output options
- Software is descent (audiophiles will prefer to stay away from these soft EQs)
- Convenient front microphones for audio/video chat
- High quality micro USB cable supplied along
- Good care taken in packaging and organization of items inside the box
- Looks good from User's, Gamer's point of view (but not great, from Audiophile's point of view)
- Built quality has a big room for improvement.
- Mac support is not complete (yet)
- No dedicated DAC chip inside
- Supplied driver disc only for Windows, Mac users will have to download drivers/app
If you are able to purchase it sub 7k INR, its not a bad deal. At the moment different site are offering this device for different prices ranging from 6k to 11k INR. Do your research before you buy this item. Its definitely a level up in your audio segment; but consider all your options before you hit the buy button.
good for watching movies
even bad quality files sound good
works on mac
no noise at all
listening music on headphones (ath m50) not so great
my mac book pro is better
even on speakers music is not great
volume control work only trough os