- Paperback: 480 pages
- Publisher: Wiley; 7th edition (8 August 2014)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 111882377X
- ISBN-13: 978-1118823774
- Product Dimensions: 18.3 x 2.5 x 23.1 cm
- Average Customer Review: 2 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #3,02,318 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ 117.15 Delivery charge
C++ For Dummies Paperback – 8 Aug 2014
Save Extra with 3 offers
- Cashback (2): Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa Signature or Visa Infinite cards. Shop during the Visa Shopping Days starting 20th to end of every month. Applicable on shopping, recharges and bill payments. Cashback within 3 days from shipment. Here's how
- Get 25% back up to Rs. 50 back on your first order using Amazon Pay UPI. Cashback within 10 days. Link Bank Account Here's how
- No Cost EMI: No Cost EMI available on Amazon Pay ICICI credit cards on orders above Rs. 3000 Here's how
- Bank Offer: 5% Instant Discount on ICICI bank Credit and Debit EMI transactions Here's how
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Back Cover
- Program in C++ from the ground up
- Write your first program in C++
- Work with master classes and inheritance
- Sail through streaming I/O
The bestselling guide that shows you how to master C++ from the ground up
Whether youre a beginner or intermediate programmer looking to fine-tune your skills, C++ For Dummies gives you clear instructions and guidance on becoming a functional C++ programmer. Updated to reflect the latest changes for C++ 2014, this hands-on guide shows you how to make sense of classes, inheritance, and advanced strokesand much more.
- C++ Programming 101 find out what it means to write a computer program, learn to speak the C++ language, and start crunching C++ commands
- Put the fun in functional programming build upon your newly-gained knowledge to bundle sections of C++ code into modules, and then reuse those modules in programs
- The plot thickens get the scoop on object-oriented programming and grasp classes, constructors, destructors, and much more
- Fly first class understand why inheritance is the key to effective C++ programming, and become a first-rate object-oriented programmer
- Become a master programmer take your skills to the next level and master features like file input/output, error-handling, constructs, and templates
Open the book and find:
- How to create your first program in Code::Blocks
- Mathematical and logical operations
- An introduction to pointers
- What you need to know about object-oriented programming
- How to use the copy constructor
- Ways to handle errors and keep your program from being hacked
- A companion website that features all the code from the book
About the Author
Stephen R. Davis is the bestselling author of numerous books and articles, including C# For Dummies. He has been programming for over 30 years and currently works for Booz Allen Hamilton in the area of Homeland Defense.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Poorly written , poorly explained....
I thought perhaps its an old edition so I should buy the new editon, so I bought this edition(7th one) on kindle ...
Now again I should say this is same as the third with some new content,POOR
The reason I bought this book was that I previously bought C for dummies and my experience with it was amazing , so I decided to go with this book...
I find no reasons that you should buy this book...
The whole book has an optional banking example....that is first written in C and as you go forward , you translate the whole program into C++.
The author teaches more about what you should not do instead of what should you do....
-all concepts are taught using a student gpa score example.....too much boring ....
NO DON'T BUY THIS BOOK....
I would recommend you should go with headFirst Java (even if you are not enrolled in that course) because that would stick some object oriented concepts in your mind , and then learning c++ would be a piece of cake....
If you are a fan of dummies series , this would disappoint you,,,,
If you already know c++ , buy this book , It would teach you some new moves ......
if you are new to c++ , buy and learn from HeadFirst Java,...(I know this is awkward but you would thank me:))...
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
The first chapter of the book was good and I was convinced I could do this, it all went down hill at the the start of the second. Like someone else said it was like trying to take drink from a fire hose. Thank god I had the second book that I was going to read AFTER the dummie book to further hone my skills with c++.