- Reading level: 4 - 8 years
- Paperback: 32 pages
- Publisher: Candlewick; Reprint edition (12 February 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0763653233
- ISBN-13: 978-0763653231
- Product Dimensions: 24.6 x 0.4 x 27.2 cm
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #2,31,541 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Brontorina Paperback – 12 Feb 2013
Sports Books for ChildrenIntroduce your children to sports and watch them grow fit and active in today's fast urbanization and digitization. Shop now
Save Extra with 3 offers
- Cashback (3): Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa Signature or Visa Infinite cards. Shop during the Visa Shopping Days starting 20th to end of every month. Applicable on shopping, recharges and bill payments. Cashback within 3 days from shipment. Here's how
- Get 50% cashback up to Rs. 50 using Axis Bank Credit & Debit Cards. Valid only on your first 2 online payments. Cashback will be credited as Amazon Pay balance within 10 days from purchase. Here's how
- Get 25% back up to Rs. 50 back on your first order using Amazon Pay UPI. Cashback within 10 days. Link Bank Account Here's how
- No Cost EMI: No Cost EMI available on Amazon Pay ICICI credit cards on orders above Rs. 3000 Here's how
- Bank Offer: 5% Instant Discount on ICICI bank Credit and Debit EMI transactions Here's how
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Text and illustrations work beautifully together in this witty fantasy. . . . speech balloons alternate with narration to tell the story in a fresh, droll manner. In Cecil’s arresting oil paintings, the tawny orange dinosaur stands out boldly against slate blue or white backgrounds, and the unusual texture of the paint creates a distinctive effect. Brontorina makes a hugely sympathetic heroine.
—Booklist (starred review)
The frankly funny illustrations complement Howe’s understated text, resulting in a sweet, frothy story, complete with tutus and arabesques, for the little (and big) dreamer in everyone, lightheartedly demonstrating that the sky’s the limit, so think big!
A humorous and inspiring tale… a satisfying story that adheres closely to its central message about overcoming obstacles.
A delightful story that reminds us to chase our dreams and to help others chase theirs, even if modifications are required
—Library Media Connection
Young readers will have a ball with James Howe’s story of a dinosaur with a big dream. The dancers include both boys and girls…Brontorina is perfect for a classroom visit or a bedtime story...The message remains en pointe: Go for it, even if you don t have the right build. Or the right footwear.
A heartwarming tale about holding onto your dreams and never giving up despite ridicule and disappointment Children and parents will love Brontorina’s charm and passion.
—Fort Worth StarTelegram
About the Author
"I have always loved stories about characters who overcome obstacles in order to realize their dreams. once I knew I wanted to write about a dinosaur, the first question was, what impossible thing might this dinosaur want to do? Be a dancer, of course! a ll I needed then was to give her the will — and the support of others to make her dream come true."
James Howe is the acclaimed author of more than eighty books for young readers, including the E. B. White Read Aloud Award–winning Houndsley and Catina and its sequels, as well as the much-lauded series about Bunnicula. He lives in New York State.
Randy Cecil has illustrated many books for children, including LOOKING FOR A MOOSE by Phyllis Root, And HERE'S TO YOU! by David Elliott, He is also the author-illustrator of GATOR and DUCK. Randy Cecil lives in Houston.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
No customer reviews
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|