- Publisher: Spectrum Books Pvt Ltd.; 18th ed edition (2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 8179304361
- ISBN-13: 978-8179304365
- Product Dimensions: 15 x 10 x 1 cm
- Average Customer Review: 481 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #98,421 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ 65.00 Delivery charge
Brief History Of Modern India,A Paperback – 2012
There is a newer edition of this item:
Save Extra with 1 offer
- Cashback (3): Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 50 using BHIM UPI (available only on mobile app/website) or RuPay cards. Offer period 1st September to 30th September. Cashback will be credited as Amazon Pay balance within 15 days from purchase. Here's how
- Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa debit card, credit card or ATM card. Only on your first 2 cashless orders on Amazon.in (including mobile recharges and bill payments). Offer period 4th Sep to 30th Sep. Cashback within 10 days. Here's how
- Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa Signature or Visa Infinite cards. Offer valid only once per customer (including mobile recharges and bill payments). Offer period: 11th Sep to 24th Sep. Cashback within 10 days. Here's how
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
About the Book: A Brief History of Modern India The book reviews a crucial period in India's history, from the 1857 Revolt to the nation's Independence. Concisely written, it also incorporates discussions of the developments on the socio-economic front, reform movements, growth of the press, progress of education and economic impact of British rule-besides an analysis of British administrative policies and the legacy of the British rule. There is also a detailed overview of personalities who shaped Modern India. Contents 1. The Revolt of 1857 2. Religious and Social Reform Movements 3. The Struggle Begins 4. National Movement-1905-1918 5. National Movement-1919-1939 Era of Mass Nationalism 6. National Movement : Towards Freedom and Partition-1939-1947 7. Administrative Change After 1857 8. Economic Impact of British Rule in India 9. Development of Indian Press 10. Development of Education 11. Brief Notes on Some Aspects of British Rule 12. The Indian State 13. Civil Rebellions and Tribal Uprisings-1757-1947 14. Peasant Movements-1857-1947 15. The Movement of the Working Class 16. The Evolution of Nationalist Foreign Policy Ready Reference Data
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
If u found this review helpful please like.
This feedback is for the quality of book printed not for content of book.
Most important points are :
1) It is very easy to understand .
2) everything is described in story manner ,which keep your interest on .
3) wide range of Topics covered.
4) very good for both IAS and State Civil Services .
5) Printing quality is also good .
Go for it . Am sure you will be thankful to my suggestion, If looking to get knowledge .
Quality Of The Book - Don't get fooled by the photos on the web. It seems like a pretty big book, but trust me when I say this, its the size of 'Champak' ( a popular children's magazine ).
And the printing is very very poor. So buy it from a trusted source as it might be a fake.
All The Best
So, the quality of the book is around 4/5 but hey you cannot judge a book by its covers!
Most recent customer reviews