Body Solid Exm1500S Single Stack Home Gym
Pay on Delivery (Cash/Card) eligible
What is this?
Pay on Delivery (POD) includes Cash on Delivery (COD) as well as Debit card / Credit card / Net banking payments at your doorstep.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Technical Specifications: User Capacity: 1.
- Dimensions: 83"H x 49"L x 36"W.
- Weight Stack: 160 lbs.
- Chest Press, High Pulley, Low Pulley, Leg Extension, Leg Curl, Ab Crunch.
- Includes: Lat Bar, Low Row Bar, Utiltiy Strap and Workout Poster.
Return Policy on this item
This item is non-returnable. Learn more. 10 Day Return Applicable only in case of manufacturing defect.
The shipping process for this item follows dispatch guidelines laid down by various state governments and may require additional documentation.
Please use our Purchase Regulations Guide to know the rules that apply to your location.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Description for Body Solid Exm1500S Single Stack Home Gym
The Body-Solid EXM1500S was recently named the "#1 Best Buy" in the home gym category by the leading consumer reporting magazine. The gym is centered on a 160-pound weight stack, adjustable in ten-pound increments with the simple insertion of a pin, and boasts all of the features, stations, and exercises you need for a total toning, weight loss, and strength training program in the comfort of your own home. Features Lat Pull-down/High Pulley Station: Perform lat pull-downs, triceps press-downs, cable crossovers, and many more high pulley exercises. Adjustable hold-down pads stabilize your body for lifts beyond your body weight, helping you increase strength and endurance of your back muscles. Ab Crunch/Mid Pulley Station: Develop stronger abs and toned triceps quickly at this strength training station. biomechanically engineered for smooth, comfortable, full range of motion crunching movement. Specifically designed for firming, flattening, and isolating the entire abdominal area. Leg Extension/Leg Curl Station: Leg developer lets you build muscular legs and stronger knee joints. biomechanically accurate pivot point ensures ergonomically correct body positioning for natural and complete hamstring and quadriceps development. 160-pound Alloy Weight Stack: Advanced alloy weight stack plates are machine-drilled to exact specifications and employ nylon bushings for smooth, quiet operation. Chest Press Station: biomechanically designed for maximum chest concentration and rapid muscle development. Comfortable, multi-position handgrips focus on distinct areas of the chest and triceps. Adjustable seat height ensures an ideal range of motion. Seated Row/Low Pulley Station: Essential for well-developed backs, seated row exercises build depth in the middle back and train the hard-to-reach lower lats. Low pulley swivels smoothly and fully to provide accurate resistance for cable curls, upright rows, shrugs, leg abduction, leg adduction, and more.
From the Manufacturer
- Lat Pulldown / High PulleyStation: Perform lat pull downs, triceps press downs, cable crossovers and many more high pulley exercises. Adjustable hold down pads stabilize your body for lifts beyond your body weight. Unique versatility allows you to increase the strength and endurance of your back muscles.
- Ab Crunch / Mid Pulley Station: Develop awesome abs and terrific triceps quickly at this strength training station. Biomechanically engineered for smooth, comfortable, full range of motion crunching movement. Specifically designed for firming, flattening and isolating the entire abdominal area.
- Leg Extension / Leg Curl Station: When you' re ready to build muscular legs and stronger knee joints, this leg developer is ready to help you meet your goals. Biomechanically accurate pivot point ensures ergonomically correct body positioning for natural and complete hamstring and leg biceps development.
- Chest Press Station: Biomechanically designed for maximum chest concentration and outstanding muscle development. Comfortable, multi-position handgrips focus on distinct areas of the chest and triceps. Adjustable seat height assures you of a perfect fit.
- Seated Row / Low Pulley Station: Essential for well-developed backs, seated row exercises build depth in the middle back and train the hard to reach lower lats. Low pulley swivels smoothly and fully to provide accurate resistance for cable curls, upright rows, shrugs, leg abduction, leg adduction and much more.
- 160 Lb. AlloyWeight Stack: Advanced alloy weight stack plates are machine drilled to exact specifications and employ stateof- the-art nylon bushings for super smooth and quiet operation.
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
I have been lifting weights and doing other forms of resistance exercise since I was 16 years old. Always owned my own equipment which I used even when living in apartments. Now at age 61 I grew tired of the space it all took up in my home as well as the hassle and potential danger of free weights, benches, squat racks, etc. So, I gradually reduced my gym size (gave some to the fire station, etc.), and I liked having the new space so much that I got rid of it all except for a set of Clubbells Clubbell Training For Circular Strength: An Ancient Tool for the Modern Athlete in my art studio and a Soloflex in my master bedroom. But they didn't suffice for all my exercise needs after months of using them along with doing floor exercises. So I finally got the idea of using a weight stack for upper body work, plus leg curls, since I had also gotten rid of my cumbersome leg bench. After researching the subject, I found the Body Solid 1500 to be the most attractive, versatile, and smallest footprint machine made, so I took the $800+ chance to replace my 16 year-old Soloflex.
First, I'll say that the Body Solid company supports their product. Can't praise them too highly. The main vertical pole came cosmetically damaged (paint scarred) during shipping, and Body Solid sent me a replacement, no questions asked. Also, some pulley holes were milled too tightly, and they sent me replacements, also no questions asked. The phone contact people were exceeding friendly and very knowledgeable. A truly great business model. I hope I can buy stock in the company.
I'll say that the assembly was indeed somewhat complex, but the instructions were very good, you just have to be very methodical and careful. For instance, I recommend laying out the parts such as the bolts and things so they are in like groups to easily identify them by the manual. For instance, there are four or so lengths of otherwise seemingly the same bolts. That said, I assembled the machine by myself with no second-person assistance, so that's doable. And please, have a rubber mallet on hand as they recommend, you'll need it for any number of things (such as pounding the bolts through the pulley holes). Meanwhile, while assembling it, I kept wondering if I made some kind of mistake buying it. Would it be too imposing in my master bedroom? Take up too much room? Work well enough? Realllly do the job I wanted? Etc.
Well, once I got it assembled (it stood half-assembled for a week before the replacement pole and pulleys arrived), it works like a dream. All my doubts vanished the first use. I love using it and have to force myself to not workout too much. I have the same fun I remember when I was a kid with my first set of weights. There are so many exercises that can be done, many more than the chart shows. The action is very smooth and a joy to use. It also looks great in my bedroom. I wake up to it and like to just look at it sometimes. And later in the morning I watch TV while bench pressing, lat pull-downing, and other things. Already my pecs and lats and arms are swelling and getting more defined by its use.
Their lat bars are probably aluminum covered with black foam Naugahyde, and since it's parked by a window, a shorter lat pull down bar was needed (theirs is 48"), so I got a slightly shorter top of the line 36" rotating steel bar Power Systems J - Premium Revolving Curl Bar. Also, I got a steel short bar for floor rows Champion Rotating Straight Bar (20-Inch) and now use their own short bar (20") for the mid-placement pulley, great for seated triceps extensions and standing rows. Also, I bought a double-grip (V-shaped) steel pulley handle for any number of uses Power Systems Premium Revolving Low Pulley Bar. Eventually, I'll get a single-grip handle for side pulley work and such. as well as a double triceps rope Valeo Tricep Rope. Body Solid also included two ankle-strap thingys, though, (which my girl friend may like to use) so no complaints, just observation. So, it seems to me that the detachable handles were the only thing on which they cut corners, and this makes sense since, if you are a dedicated gym goer, pulley handles are a very personal item that often you tote along in a gym bag. But what they give you is very serviceable if you aren't an old weight junky like me.
Their use of real iron plates is great. I looked at a few stack-based machines in Dicks and Sears and such, and couldn't believe the cheap quality there: plastic cement-filled plates, loose design tolerances, lack of versatility, etc. Body Solid has very tight design tolerances (a good thing), so IMO Body Solid rules the genre.
Body Solid also sells separately full-metal aluminum pulleys with brass bushings, but the tough nylon (or maybe high-resin) pulleys with aluminum bushings seem quite adequate.
I may take the leg-extension/leg-curl pads to an upholsterer and have the bare, black foam covered with Naugahyde. But that's just me.
All in all, like a previous reviewer said, its overall construction is that of a gym-quality machine. Solid and durable enough to be worth buying expensive accessories for it, and IMO it should serve me for decades. Now am looking for a buyer of my Soloflex :-)
I really like the small footprint of this unit. I live in a condo and I've got it in my living room. (I'm not married so I can get away with that.)
The components come in several boxes shipped by a freight carrier. Some of my boxes were damaged and one of the white frame pieces was scarred. Not much can be done about that other than packing the thing in a wooden crate.
Very easy to assemble but time consuming. As others mentioned, it's a good idea to sort out all the bolts into labeled ziplock bags to keep track of them.
All pieces were there, thank goodness.
One negative is the instruction manual lists the sizes of some bolts in inches and some in millimeters. They include a diagram of a ruler in inches but, LOL, I found it to be wrong.
One problem I had was the cable attached to the weight stack was too short. I called Body Solid tech support and apparently this was/is a known problem because before I could even explain my problem he told me what it was. They shipped me a D-link to insert inline and the cable is fine now.
There was no exercise manual with my unit only a wall poster. The poster only lists 20 exercises. When they shipped me the D-link they included a DVD of exercises. I haven't watched it so perhaps there's more on the DVD.
I found the ab crunch strap very painful to use. Maybe I'm using it wrong but I plan on purchasing the Body Solid Ab Crunch Harness in hopes it works better.
I also plan on getting a Stirrup Handle. Too bad it didn't come with one as several exercises on the poster require one.
I'm very happy with the core exercises (chest, legs, lats). I've only been using it a couple of weeks and I can already see results.
1. delivery. It took about 2 weeks from Chicago to southern California. The delivery man moved the 6 boxes into my garage, even though they are only obligated to drop at curbside.
2. assembly. It took over 6 hours to assemble by myself. The instructions are not very clear. There are many bolts and nuts that look very similar, so you need to carefully distinguish the different sizes. The problem is compounded by diagrams that are low quality (low resolution).
3. finished product. The time and effort involved was worth it because the machine is solid and a joy to use. Every motion is smooth and quiet. Very compact. Lifetime warranty is reassuring.
I would have given 5 stars if the instructions were better.