- Paperback: 282 pages
- Publisher: Frog in Well (5 October 2016)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9352017102
- ISBN-13: 978-9352017102
- Product Dimensions: 14 x 1.8 x 21.6 cm
- Average Customer Review: 14 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #3,29,723 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Other Sellers on Amazon
FREE Delivery on orders over 599.00. Cash on Delivery eligible. Details
+ 40.00 Delivery charge
+ 60.00 Delivery charge
Blood in the Paradise - A Tale of an Impossible Murder Paperback – Import, 5 Oct 2016
Paperback, Import, 5 Oct 2016
About the Author
"Madhav Mahidhar was born and brought up in Nellore town of Andhra Pradesh. He completed his MCA in Chennai. At present, he is working as an IT professional in Bangalore. He is a passionate thinker and an aspiring futurist. Blood in the Paradise is his second novel and first in English."
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Even though guessing the murderer was anyone's game, the writing kept me through the end. Except for the dialogues that kept interrupting the flow of the story and could have done very well without. Some things were bit of Bollywood-ey, while I agree that there is an audience who might like it, it just didn't appeal to me.
Blood in the Paradise could have used another round of editing to weed off those typos and errors and could have ended 15 pages earlier, with the right editing effort. The author has made it a point to talk about the real meaning of feminism and the impact of media and activists' intrusion into the legal system.
Sure, the mystery, suspense, thriller all was built amazingly but I prefer description over dialogues. It gave more a feeling of skit or drama than reading a novel. Though it was a fast paced, it did indulge the readers. I was hooked by reading first three or four chapter but as it continued it lost it's charm for me.
Madhav Mahidhar's debut novel in English is really doing great service to all those who enjoy reading detective and thriller fiction! Enjoy this book guys; it's a worth read!
What I Liked About the Book
1. Last Chapter - I absolutely loved this one. Actually, the plot was very obvious and predictable. So, the last chapter makes it all worth reading the whole book.
2. It’s a Woman’s Story – I love any and all stories related to women and this one did not disappoint me.
What I Did Not Like About the Book
1. I know it’s not fair to include same point in likes and dislikes. But then, I so wish there were quite a few casual hints to the ultimate catch it in between the story - without making the reader think about it.
2. The author decided to pay attention to only the main plot and thus might have missed his chance to include some small yet interesting sections like the state of children - innocence, curiosity and the hidden fear.
Life is a roller coaster ride, that everyone has to take and cannot barter it with anything or anyone. Some in the quest to create that beautiful existence, put their struggle at the stake of others life too.
As you can already guess from the book's tagline that it is a thriller story revolving around a murder and is set in the metro city of Bangalore.
The story of Blood In The Paradise - A Tale Of An Impossible Murder starts with Madhumita making up her mind to commit a suicide and get rid of the problems in her life in an instant and liberate herself from the roller coaster of problems.
The efforts taken to create the settings in Blood In The Paradise - A Tale Of An Impossible Murder by the author should be appreciated. I would recommend it to anyone interested in reading fictional thrillers.
The author has also, cleverly, tells the readers what ideal feminism should be; it’s not about hating men, but establishing feminine dexterity in every sphere of life.
Recommended for all who love thrillers/ mystery. Especially, the youths who want to read the novels with a lot of detective impetus and adventure will surely love the book!
Most recent customer reviews