- Paperback: 496 pages
- Publisher: Penguin UK (25 April 2006)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0141026162
- ISBN-13: 978-0141026169
- Product Dimensions: 13.1 x 2.9 x 19.7 cm
- Average Customer Review: 30 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #26,718 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Blind Watchmaker Paperback – 25 Apr 2006
|Paperback, 25 Apr 2006||
Audio Cassette, Import
Save Extra with 1 offer
- Cashback (3): Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 50 using BHIM UPI (available only on mobile app/website) or RuPay cards. Offer period 1st September to 30th September. Cashback will be credited as Amazon Pay balance within 15 days from purchase. Here's how
- Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa debit card, credit card or ATM card. Only on your first 2 cashless orders on Amazon.in (including mobile recharges and bill payments). Offer period 4th Sep to 30th Sep. Cashback within 10 days. Here's how
- Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa Signature or Visa Infinite cards. Offer valid only once per customer (including mobile recharges and bill payments). Offer period: 11th Sep to 27th Sep. Cashback within 10 days. Here's how
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Richard Dawkins has updated evolution ... His subject is nothing less than the meaning of life, and he attacks it with the evangelical fervour of a clergyman and the mind of a scientist (The Times)
Beautiful ... he seizes happy analogies, bright metaphors and shining images to light up his passion and our darkness (Guardian)
Good writing, tight argument and unpulled punches ... a satisfying book (Economist)
One of the best science books - one of the best of any books - I have ever read (Los Angeles Times)
About the Author
Richard Dawkins is an author and evolutionary biologist. He studied at Balliol College in Oxford, and graduated with a zoology degree. The publication of his book, The Selfish Gene, brought him universal acclaim. Some of his other books are The God Delusion, The Magic of Reality: How We Know What’s Really True, and The Greatest Show On Earth: The Evidence For Evolution.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The one thing that's really making this book a bit irritating is when he addresses theists and his arguments about evolution. I find this part really irritating. He is really talented. And a great scientist. There is no doubt in that. Then i wonder why is he so much bothered about proving evolution to theists? If its really too hard to understand evolution or they are really ignorant towards it, purposefully, then I am not seeing it to be rational to argue. So I guess, apart from being sometimes a little bit aggressive, this a great work. This is the first time I am hearing about replicators and all, and its really interesting.
One thing I can guarantee about this book is that, one way or another, you will definitely learn something new. Something interesting.
PS : Paper quality is good and the font is also good.
Quality of the book is not so good. It is a soft and small paperback and I think it would be better if they made a slightly larger version of this book with the same cover design. Maybe a hardcover or just a sturdy paperback.
The copy I received was a bit crumpled on the front and its back cover was faded. But since Amazon didn't offer me the option of replacing the book, I had to keep it.
The highly logical analysis culminating in a strong support for Darwinian Natural Selection bounded by the dictates of embryology leading to a defined branching over generations is theoretically sound.
I am a firm believer in an Autopoeitic process of emergence of complexity which I presume is the process of self driven natural selection.
Fantastic Amazon service by the way.
However, the material quality of the book I received was not so good. Fonts are too tiny.
Moreover, the photo cover of the book is not the same as described on the site.See the image uploaded.(I don't mind :P)
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews