- 5% Instant Discount with HDFC Credit and Debit EMI Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Get 10% cashback up to Rs.50 using BHIM UPI or Rupay ATM cards, debit cards or credit cards. Cashback will be credited as Amazon Pay balance within 15 days. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Get 50% cashback up to Rs.100 on your first ever online payment on Amazon.in. Applicable only on ATM card, debit card or credit card orders. Cashback will be credited as Amazon Pay balance within 15 days. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Between Parent and Child: Revised and Updated: The Bestselling Classic That Revolutionized Parent-Child Communication Paperback – 22 Jul 2003
The order quantity for this product is limited to 2 units per customer
Please note that orders which exceed the quantity limit will be auto-canceled. This is applicable across sellers.
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Inside Flap
Over the past thirty-five years, Between Parent and Child has helped millions of parents around the world strengthen their relationships with their children. Written by renowned psychologist Dr. Haim Ginott, this revolutionary book offered a straightforward prescription for empathetic yet disciplined child rearing and introduced new communication techniques that would change the way parents spoke with, and listened to, their children. Dr. Ginott's innovative approach to parenting has influenced an entire generation of experts in the field, and now his methods can work for you, too.
In this revised edition, Dr. Alice Ginott, clinical psychologist and wife of the late Haim Ginott, and family relationship specialist Dr. H. Wallace Goddard usher this bestselling classic into the new century while retaining the book's positive message and Haim Ginott's warm, accessible voice. Based on the theory that parenting is a skill that can be learned, this indispensable handbook will show you how to:
- Discipline without threats, bribes, sarcasm, and punishment
- Criticize without demeaning, praise without judging, and express anger without hurting
- Acknowledge rather than argue with children's feelings, perceptions, and opinions
- Respond so that children will learn to trust and develop self-confidence
About the Author
DR. HAIM GINOTT was a renowned clinical psychologist and child therapist. His work, which focused on communication, changed the way adults relate to children.
DR. ALICE GINOTT was a clinical psychologist who conducted workshops with parents and teachers and lectured widely on parent-child relationships. She was a recipient of the Eleanor Roosevelt Humanities Award.
DR. H. WALLACE GODDARD was an associate professor of family life at the University of Arkansas Cooperative Extension and section chair of Education and Enrichment with the National Council on Family Relations. He lives in Little Rock, Arkansas.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Showing 1-8 of 57 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The book was paper back, the papers are good enough and readable..I had a prompt delivery and it came in a good package..
Helps us to understand the children better and change our behavior towards them and thus helping us for frustration free parenting.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?