- 5% Instant Discount with HDFC Credit and Debit EMI Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Get 10% cashback up to Rs.50 using BHIM UPI or Rupay ATM cards, debit cards or credit cards. Cashback will be credited as Amazon Pay balance within 15 days. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Get 50% cashback up to Rs.100 on your first ever online payment on Amazon.in. Applicable only on ATM card, debit card or credit card orders. Cashback will be credited as Amazon Pay balance within 15 days. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Becoming Steve Jobs: The Evolution of a Reckless Upstart into a Visionary Leader Paperback – 17 May 2016
The order quantity for this product is limited to 2 units per customer
Please note that orders which exceed the quantity limit will be auto-canceled. This is applicable across sellers.
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Exhaustive and moving... full of new information
This is the insider's guide to Steve Jobs.
A fascinating reinterpretation of the Steve Jobs story.
The book about Steve Jobs that the world deserves. Smart, accurate, informative, insightful and at times, utterly heartbreaking....Becoming Steve Jobs is going to be an essential reference for decades to come.
BECOMING STEVE JOBS is fantastic. After working with Steve for over 25 years, I feel this book captures with great insight the growth and complexity of a truly extraordinary person. I hope that it will be recognized as the definitive history.
Steve Jobs is the person who most inspires the new generation of Silicon Valley entrepreneurs. In this deeply-researched book, you'll find the most honest portrait of the real Steve Jobs.
Brent Schlender and Rick Tetzeli render a spectacular service with this book, giving fresh perspective on Steve Jobs' journey from inspiring but immature entrepreneur into an inspired and mature company-builder. Most important, they capture Jobs' resilience, his refusal to capitulate, his restless drive to stay in the game, his voracious appetite to learn-this, far more than genius, is what made him great. Becoming Steve Jobs gets the focus precisely right: not as a success story, but as a growth story. Riveting, insightful, uplifting-read it and learn!
One of the best things Brent Schlender and Rick Tetzeli do in writing about Jobs is undoing the 'lone genius' myth, and complicating his persona.
Offers a new look into the life of the Apple co-founder... includes a number of interesting anecdotes and perspectives from those who have rarely spoken of their relationships with Jobs over the decades, all tied together by one of the few reporters to have had access to Jobs on a regular basis throughout that time.
What makes their book important is that they contend - persuasively, I believe - that . . . [Jobs] was not the same man in his prime that he had been at the beginning of his career. The callow, impetuous, arrogant youth who co-founded Apple was very different from the mature and thoughtful man who returned to his struggling creation and turned it into a company that made breathtaking products while becoming the dominant technology company of our time.
Co-authored by Fortune journalist Brent Schlender and Fast Company Executive Editor Rick Tetzeli, and containing exclusive material, this revelatory book will cast an entirely new light on the man behind the most successful company of all time.See all Product description
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Showing 1-6 of 92 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
'Becoming Steve Jobs' concerns itself primarily with Steve's 11 years exile or wilderness years and dictates how Steve evolved with each failure and success particularly at Pixar . The details are worth mentioning. Like Steve the authoers have micromanged every detail to perfection indeed. GOD LIVES IN THE DETAILS. TRIFFLES MANKE PERFECTION AND PERFECTION IS NO TRIFFLE.
1. This book focuses on the intricate struggles and emotional roller-coaster ride of Steve and not just his accomplishments and product releases
2. It does tremendous justice to other leaders and visionaries of his era like Bill Gates, Andy Grove, Larry Ellison. It doesn't simply glorify Steve and vilify the rest.
3. Steve didn't know it all! This book blatantly describes Steve's weaknesses and failures like Apple III, LISA, founding of NExt etc., and at the same time also highlights his remarkable ideas and endeavour for the perfect user experience.
4. It depicts the human side of Steve rather than a more commonly known side of him as a selfish, greedy egomaniac. Steve moved mountains to make sure people as well as their families are in good condition and get medical attention whenever necessary. Moreover, he was a close companion for many people throughout his career like John Lasseter, Jony Ive, Tim Cook, Larry Brilliant, Larry Ellison.
5. It depicts the mutual respect that existed between Steve Jobs and Bill Gates rather than just resentment and rivalry which appears in the Issacson's biography. It also gives an exquisite insight on their (Jobs and Gates) interview in 1991 which was missing in the other biography.
Overall, a stunning biography which will talk more of Steve Jobs as a human who made an impact rather than an archetypal image of a brash, arrogant jerk who trampled anyone along his way to change the world. A great tribute to one of the most iconic figures in history of mankind.
I recently read "Creativity Inc" by Ed Catmull and he had an entire chapter on Steve - where he said Isaacson's bio was not entirely right. Though Isaacson's book was endorsed by Steve, his friends agree that a lot was left out - especially, the way he changed after NeXT.
This book does a fantastic job of covering Steve during the boring years at NeXT (and Pixar), detailing how those years had an impact on shaping him. The lessons he learned from failure, the ignominy of being sidelined and the pain of watching Apple rot away being run by 'bozos' to eventually turning the tide starting with the success at Pixar and later, in being able to sell NeXT to Apple and reinstate himself over the next few years. What Isaacson's book didn't cover, this book does. And it turns out this phase was pretty important in shaping Steve, helping him handle things much better during his second coming!
Highly recommend this book!
I would also suggest that you read "Creativity Inc". Ed Catmull has a chapter dedicated to Steve that matches the narrative in this book rather than that of Isaacson.
"This Book was New York Times Best-Seller in 2015, Must read by Steve Jobs Fans"
What I didn't liked was Hardcover of this book it seemed rough and had little texture scratches however this book is really good
The need is to understand the juncture at which Apple was founded. Management style and problems in corporations are well understood and presented.
Profoundly Failures of Steve Jobs were very helpful to all of us.
It is insightful book than rest of the books on Steve Jobs.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?