4.0 out of 5 starsDecent cooler if you know how to use it effectively
15 July 2018
I have been using the Bajaj cooler for 2 months and hence posting the review Pros:-1)Compact and portable 2) Easy mobility with the help of castor wheels 3)It gives out nice cool breeze with the water filled in
Cons: 1) the plastic screws can be replaced with metal ones 2) the plastic body joints sometimes leaves little gaps so bajaj should think of making better bodies
I have some recommendations for those who are thinking buying this cooler or any cooler
1) Always measure your room dimensions first before buying a cooler For example if you expect this cooler to cool a room of 300 square feet it wont happen but if its meant for a room 150 sq feet and below it will serve the purpose 2) this cooler doesn't comes with humidity control so what's the best way to control humidity ? whenever you run the cooler and after the pump/cooling is tuned on after sometime you will feel that the cooler is not cooling that much that it was at the beginning when you started the pump ,the reason is the humidity level of the room is saturated.. so solution for this is turn off the pump and use the cooler fan only for some time and you get cooling again .. again after some time when you feel hot you need to turn on the pump..This is how humidity control works 3) Get a extension power cord which will cost you few hundreds which will help you to move the cooler to any part of the room 4)Get a water filling pipe which you can use to fill water from the back side as filling water with bottles or mug is not recommended as it will spill water on floor 5)And you have to manually move the louvers or grill up or down to get air on top or at floor level 6) Always keep some windows open to allow cross ventilation in room
After 26 days of purchase, the fan stopped working . On calling customer care and their visit I was told the motor is not working. Surprising that a new fan motor got burnt in less than 1 months. Speaks ??? for the quality cobtrol & parameters that the company maintains.
This product (i bought it from amazon) is a big disappointment. Stopped functioning after 3 months from delivery. Everytime an engineer from bajaj comes to repair it works for the next 12 hours then stops functioning again. The motor is also not of good capacity.the fanspeed is quite slower than other cooler fans ( like symphony). Also the wheels broke out and there is no guarantee on the wheels or any plastic part for that matter. I would strongly recommend not to buy it or you'll surely regret this purchase.
I bought this cooler 2 weeks back and since then I'm sleeping well in this hot summer in Trivandrum. Fanspeed, air throw and swing controls are good and even in low speed you will get good breeze. I filled water almost 80℅ and it last for 4 nights of full use..
Pros: Good speed and breeze, Auto swing is nice, Noise level is minimal only and that's a big plus, Easily movable to all places
Cons: No area to put ice cubes, Water filling area can be made more wider, water lever indicator is harder to understand
Overall a good choice for those who are suffering from hot summer.
Summer and air cooler goes synonymously. As temperatures went above bearing limit, there was need for cooler. My earlier cooler went bad last season only, so was waiting for another summer.
On one of my friend’s recommendations I selected it along with few other models from other manufacturers like symphony, Crompton etc.
Upon subsequent analysis wrt price point, features and utility, Bajaj platinic emerged on top, from among similar range products from other companies. Budget may be one of the strong factors governing your inclination.
••••••••••••••• INSIDE BOX •••••••••••••••
▶ Cooler ▶ Manual ▶ Warranty Card
••••••• PROS •••••••
1. Good looking, lightweight & portable. 2. Good quality construction. 3. Effective cooling for room size of 10x15ft. 4. Honeycomb type cooling pads on three sides for effective cooling. 5. Castor wheels (4nos) for easy relocation. 6. Noise levels are in acceptable range. 7. Good capacity water tank. Single fill lasts for full 12 hours continuous usage. 8. Auto swing ensures uniform cooling of room, from right to left. 9. Full plastic body means no issue like in all metal desert coolers, which rust after a while and start leaking at times. 10. Easy mechanical water level indicator to let you know when tank is empty. 11. Sufficiently long cable, approx. 1.5 metre. For more you require extension cord.
•••••••• CONS ••••••••
1. Installed honeycomb type pads are difficult to find. You need to settle for normal grass pads later on when these are clogged. 2. Only 1 year warranty from here, while there’s 2 year warranty from online Bajaj store. But it’s slightly costly over there. 3. Description shows four way air deflection but in actual vertical blades can be adjusted manually (all blades move simultaneously), while all horizontal blades move at once via auto swing motor. 4. Locking knobs for side and back panels, are rough in operation. 5. Manual details two models and confuses user without addressing specific variant. 6. Water inlet is small if you intend to fill it mug by mug. Rest you can use pipe for one shot filling or remove panel to fill it directly by small bucket.
For the cons, I am deducting 1 star. 4 STARS as the product fulfils its purpose in best possible way with some scope for improvement in other domains...
Knob 1: Four positions- on/off cooler & control fanspeed by 3 steps Knob 2: Four positions- Pump & swing off, Pump on, Pump + Auto Swing On, Auto Swing On
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• AIR DIRECTION CONTROL •••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Vertical Blades: No auto swing, Manual adjustment, all blades move simultaneously Horizontal Blades: Auto swing, Knob control, All blades move simultaneously
So in practice you can have air directed either up or down or front, with auto swing of vertical blades covering all zones as per manually set horizontal blades.
•••••• TIPS ••••••
1. Install cooler near window or door so that it can pump in some of fresh air from outside to have a control over humidity. 2. Better if you can install it in balcony, facing window such that its 3 sides are able to suck in fresh air. Cover rest of window with cardboard or thermocole sheets for better insulation. It helps control humidity in room, as if it’s inside a closed room, it continuously adds moisture. 3. Cross ventilation doubles the cooling effect. So if cooler on one corner, provide air escape route on other corner. 3. Use ice cool water for faster cooling. You can manually add ice to it. 4. Clean cooler once or twice a week. It ensures long life of cooler and hygiene too. Or it may soon become prominent breeding place for mosquitoes. 5. Do have an eye on air quality. If theres lot of water droplets along with air, get it checked or it may cost you coolers motor in long run, as it may burn.
6. END OF SEASON TIP: To ensure long life of cooler, completely clean and dry it before storage. Then add few drops of oil to shaft of motor and store it. This way your cooler will be ready to cool upon unpack from last season or else you may end up your cooler in repair shop.
••••••••••••••••••• FINAL VERDICT •••••••••••••••••••
▶Not a bad deal for the price and performance. You don’t find many coolers in this range with good water capacity.
▶Symphony coolers may be slightly better in cooling performance but in this price range their water capacity is too low and during a day you may need to fill it 3-4 times.
It doesn't match any criteria for what I needed in a cooler and what I was expecting. My room comes within the area of 150 sq. Feet and as per the cooler description ,it should have worked very fine and smoothly. But no sir , not at all. The air throwing capacity is much lesser. Speed control button does not work the way you want to ,meaning all three Speed settings have same speed . It worked fine when bought for 10 days max. Because at that time the temperature was 30°c average. And as the daily temperature started to rise daily avg. of 40°c this doesn't work at all. I had to buy a fan ,not Bajaj (never Bajaj again). So if you want to buy a cooler just purchase through a local dealer and if daily temperature rises upto 42-43°c then try to purchase big cooler with blower of any local company. I think this cooler is only for room decoration. It seems like they bragged too much about what this cooler can do . And that is nothing at all. If I can return it then I would in a heartbeat not expecting full refund either . Just enough so that I can buy another cooler.
P.S.:-I hope those who want to buy it think for a moment. My expectations are very low at this moment.
Poor build quality. The latches are hard to operate and often get jammed hence filing water is a cumbersome task. The sweep function does not work sometimes. There is hardly any difference in fanspeed from 1 to 3. And the biggest ever issue is that you just cannot operate the cooler without water in it cause the honeycomb filters emit an awful stench when there is no water running through it. I regret not going for Symphony.
I m sharing my experience after using it for one day. # Personel cooler Cooler is well for a small room as well as it is a personel cooler # best in the segment U cant get better than this in this price segment i got it for 5k only. If it is in 5500 then its worth buying. I saw other brands but they r costly than this. # Good tank capacity It has a decent tank capacity. U dont need to fill water again & again in a day. It lasts more than a day in regular usage. As it has honeycomb pads its usage of water is lesser. # Noise is ok Better than others as i have a symphony siesta 70 cooler. That one is for bigger room this one is for my small room. Makes so less noise in which u can sleep well without any prb. # Maintenance Highly recommend for you if u always wants your cooler to be clean. Easily cleanable & opening the back panel is so easy. I love that. No screws no time wasting. Love that. # Cooling Decent cooling. Can say ok not for 3 or more but sufficient for 2 persons or small room. Gives cool air after a while. Firstly smells badly coz of new pads but after sometime u will not feel any smell just cool & fresh air. The power cord is of very good quality. Not just 2 pin adapter it has 3 pin which is quite better. Overall its a fair deal for price range 5k to 6k. Some Cons as i observed-- # filling water- The hole is too small. # Height- even its wheels r too good easily movable but u need to add a trolly to use it for bed. # fanspeed- not much difference between speed 1 2 3. It should be just low or high. Then it can make a difference. # Quality- plastic quality is good but it can be better. Thanks for reading. If u want a personal cooler then surely u will be happy after using it at this price point.
This product is waste of money.. The fanspeed is low that it hardly gives cooling for one person.. Don't take it through amazon.. If you don't like this product amazon is not taking it back which is ridiculous and they didn't even mention that they will not take the product back if customer doesn't likes it.. This is completely using the brains and making others fool..