- Paperback: 200 pages
- Publisher: Rupa Publications India; 1 edition (8 May 2017)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9788129145970
- ISBN-13: 978-8129145970
- ASIN: 8129145979
- Product Dimensions: 13 x 1.3 x 19.8 cm
- Average Customer Review: 10 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #1,45,501 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
The Baba Ramdev Phenomenon: From Moksha to Market Paperback – 8 May 2017
Save Extra with 4 offers
- Cashback (2): Get ₹15 cashback on placing an order to a pickup point. Cashback will be credited to your Amazon Pay wallet after order is shipped. Not valid on POD (Pay on Delivery) orders. Here's how
- Flat Rs.50 back on minimum order of Rs.50 using Amazon Pay UPI. For Android App customers only. Valid once during offer period. Cashback within 10 days. Set up Amazon Pay UPI Here's how
- No Cost EMI: Avail No Cost EMI on select cards for orders above ₹3000 Here's how
- Bank Offer (3): 10% instant discount up to Rs.1,750 on minimum order of Rs. 3,000 with ICICI Bank Credit Cards, Debit Cards and Credit/Debit EMI transactions Here's how
- Bonus offer: Get additional cashback of Rs. 1750 on total purchases of or above Rs. 50,000 across all orders with ICICI Bank Credit Cards, Debit Cards and Credit/Debit EMI transactions Here's how
- No cost EMI available on select debit cards on orders above Rs.8,000 and Bajaj Finserv EMI cards on orders above Rs.4500 Here's how
- Partner Offers (2): Avail EMI on Debit Cards. Get credit up to ₹1,00,000.Check eligibility here! Here's how
- Get GST invoice and save up to 28% on business purchases. Sign up for free Here's how
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
About the Author
Kaushik Deka is a Senior Associate Editor with India Today. He hails from Tihu, a sleepy town in lower Assam. An alumnus of the Indian Institute of Mass Communication (IIMC), New Delhi, Deka has earlier co-authored the book The Secret Killings of Assam.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Review this product
10 customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. The book clearly lacks the continuity.
2. Many of the articles are based on the statements made by Baba ramdev in public
3. It doesn't focus on foundation of Patanjali but focuses on Baba ramdev as a person only.
4. I didn't find it as a good story telling writing, Though it is non fiction but still as a writer the author has to shift from journalism to literature.
5. Many things and incidences were repetitive in nature , sounded like politically influenced statements.
No matter what has happened in past and current affairs, Patanjali has emerged as disruptive brand in India, we wish that someone writes the basics and force behind producing and distributing such a vast range of products in such a short span of time.
Most of the book is filled with the controversies and the cult associated with the Guru which is only as good as gossip.
Captures the life and times of Baba Ramdev from his birth.
A light inspirational read for younger gen.
Gives some new information that was not known in public domain such as:
* Ramdev and Balkrishna's good relationship with Bodos which helped to keep the evangelicals at bay and later helped the two when the new government was formed in Assam.
* Their friendships with political persons across the spectrum
* Their CSR efforts
* Their companies and their sales figures
* The important people behind Patanjali
* The rise of Patanjali
* Some good colour photos
A very light-read. Not much new to know. If you are above 40 and have been reading newspapers and forums like BharatRakshak, you would know 80-85% of this book.
Also, a quick read that would be finished in 2 hours.
If you are expecting an Hamish McDonald type book on the Ambanis, then you will be disappointed.
Also, misses out some crucial details like importance of Rajiv Dixit or covers it in passing only.
Good book but could be much better.
I thank the author and the publishing house for coming up with a novel subject and seeing it to print. A must-read due to this point itself!
The book published by Rupa Publication named “The Baba Ramdev Phenomenon: From Moksha to Market” written by Kaushik Deka speaks about all these qualities of Baba Ramdev and discusses how he changed his field from being the person known only for yoga to a person who is known for his marketing skills and entrepreneurship. The author has divided the book in appropriate sections and respective chapters which makes it easier for reader to understand Baba’s life and its timeline. The important events of Baba’s life are nicely covered giving all the important back story and relevant details about how he reached the respective stage.
The book not only claims about the achievement made by Ramdev but gives appropriate statistics mentioning the sources which makes this book credible and outstanding. How Baba Ramdev ends on speaking things which he shouldn’t that lands him into controversy time and again is elaborated brilliantly. Also how Baba changes his stance on many national issues is highlighted which makes us understand Baba’s personality. The way he treats his food industry lets us know about Baba’s passion to promote local business against foreign products.
Baba’s political friends are also covered in the book. The take on politics, corruption, black money, demonetization, his love-hate relationship with PM- Narendra Modi etc. are talked in a special section itself. Overall, this 180+ pages book is a must read as Baba Ramdev is a personality whom you cannot ignore at any cost. I give this book 4.25* out of 5. Kaushik Deka has managed to cover Baba’s life and his work in as brief words as possible which is hard to achieve when a book is been written on a controversial and famous personality like Baba Ramdev. The best part about the author is that he has been neutral throughout the book without being supportive or against Baba. This is the sole reason why this book is one of the prominent reads of this year.
ABHILASH RUHELA – VEERU!!!