- Paperback: 184 pages
- Publisher: Everyman Chess (1 August 1994)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1857440439
- ISBN-13: 978-1857440430
- Product Dimensions: 14 x 1.1 x 21.6 cm
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #2,26,623 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ 90.00 Delivery charge
+ FREE Delivery
Includes Import Fees Deposit
+ 496.03 Delivery charge
Attack with Mikhail Tal (Cadogan Chess Books) Paperback – 1 Aug 1994
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Description for Attack with Mikhail Tal (Cadogan Chess Books)
From the Back Cover
About the Author
The legendary Mikhail Tal was the finest ever exponent of attacking chess. His all-out sacrificial style took him all the way to the World Championship title. Dogged by ill-health, Tal's reign was a short one, and he was never able to regain his crown, but Tal remained an outstanding player right up to his death in 1992. His departure has taken away one of the chess world's most charismatic figures; a player who excited chess passions wherever he went. Lakov Damsky is an experienced radio and TV commentator and author of several books for Everyman - The Art of Defence in Chess (with Lev Polugayevsky 1996), Attack with Mikhail Tal (with Mikhail Tal 1994), The Heavy Pieces in Action (1997)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
New profesional examples, new level of tactical, very far for the rest of books.
Tal selected the most unique sacrifies, but he joined acourdin new themes, that you enjoy.
The tactical moves, in fact is very easy, or original, that you can taste. but are some position very tricky.
This book has diagram, and how the granmasters, exploit this position, there are a few puzzle, to result.
My experience with this book, are some games didn't survive the computer analysis, (sacrifies very expeculative) but is not very easy to resolve. (very few!!!!!)
Even that there are sacrifies, that even the computer, aprove.I took a Tal's line in Alekhine defence, a premature knigth sacrifies on f7, even the computer improve the line, and i now i used this line. Always.
Great recomendation, you will enjoy the new level of tactical manoeuvres.
1. Enemy King in the center - shows how to keep the king in the center and to attack it.
2. Breakthrough in the Center - The theme still revolves around trapping the enemy king in the center for material sacrifice.
3. The Assault Ratio - Shows how to tear apart the enemy fortress
4. Invasion trajectories - Shows how to attack on the diagonals
5. Lines of Communication - Shows how to break the enemies lines of communications to set up an attack.
6 Outposts - Shows how a piece outpost beyond the 4th rank is a thorn in the enemies army.
7. Eliminating Defenders - Shows how to get rid of those pesky defenders when attacking.
8. At the Royal Court - Shows how to break apart a castled position.
9. Destroying the Fortress walls - summs up with bxh7+ and double bishop sacrifices when the enemey pawn cover has not been touched. Also nxf7 and nxg7 sacrifices.
There is a chapter missing on queenside sacrifices, but alas the magician from riga passed away before completing the book, so it's not his fault.