- Go Cashless with BHIM UPI: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 if you pay with BHIM UPI. Minimum Order Value has to be Rs.100. Offer applicable once per customer during the offer period Jun 1st to Jun 21st. Cashback will be credited as Amazon Pay balance Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Go Cashless with Visa Debit / Credit Cards: Get 10% back up to Rs.100 if you pay with a Visa Card. Offer valid for your first two cashless transactions ever on Amazon. Offer Period: 5th Jun to 30th Jun. Cashback will be credited as Amazon Pay balance Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Go Cashless with Amazon Pay balance: Save Rs.100 on your purchase. Offer: Add Amazon Pay balance, get Flat Rs.100 back. Minimum amount to be added Rs.1000. Offer valid from Jun 1st to Jun 21st.ADD BALANCE Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ 170.00 Delivery charge
+ 140.00 Delivery charge
Atlas of Human Anatomy, International Edition (Netter Basic Science) Paperback – 24 Mar 2014
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
About the Author
Frank H. Netter was born in New York City in 1906. He studied art at the Art Students League and the National Academy of Design before entering medical school at New York University, where he received his Doctor of Medicine degree in 1931. During his student years, Dr. Netter's notebook sketches attracted the attention of the medical faculty and other physicians, allowing him to augment his income by illustrating articles and textbooks. He continued illustrating as a sideline after establishing a surgical practice in 1933, but he ultimately opted to give up his practice in favor of a full-time commitment to art. After service in the United States Army during World War II, Dr. Netter began his long collaboration with the CIBA Pharmaceutical Company (now Novartis Pharmaceuticals). This 45-year partnership resulted in the production of the extraordinary collection of medical art so familiar to physicians and other medical professionals worldwide. Icon Learning Systems acquired the Netter Collection in July 2000 and continued to update Dr. Netter's original paintings and to add newly commissioned paintings by artists trained in the style of Dr. Netter. In 2005, Elsevier Inc. purchased the Netter Collection and all publications from Icon Learning Systems. There are now over 50 publications featuring the art of Dr. Netter available through Elsevier Inc. Dr. Netter's works are among the finest examples of the use of illustration in the teaching of medical concepts. The 13-book Netter Collection of Medical Illustrations, which includes the greater part of the more than 20,000 paintings created by Dr. Netter, became and remains one of the most famous medical works ever published. The Netter Atlas of Human Anatomy, first published in 1989, presents the anatomic paintings from the Netter Collection. Now translated into 16 languages, it is the anatomy atlas of choice among medical and health professions students the world over. The Netter illustrations are appreciated not only for their aesthetic qualities, but, more importantly, for their intellectual content. As Dr. Netter wrote in 1949 "clarification of a subject is the aim and goal of illustration. No matter how beautifully painted, how delicately and subtly rendered a subject may be, it is of little value as a medical illustration if it does not serve to make clear some medical point." Dr. Netter's planning, conception, point of view, and approach are what inform his paintings and what make them so intellectually valuable. Frank H. Netter, MD, physician and artist, died in 1991.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
As a medical student this book has been very helpful for me because it has -
1. Very detailed and 3d realistic diagrams with proper point outs
2. Informative tables
3. Very few printing mistakes
Recommend this to everyone
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews