Asus AC1900 RT AC68U Dual-Band Wireless Gigabit Router (Black)
Fulfilled by Amazon indicates that this item is stored, packed and dispatched from Amazon fulfilment centres. Amazon directly handles delivery, customer service and returns. Fulfilled by Amazon items can be identified with an badge. Orders containing items Fulfilled by Amazon worth Rs.499 or more are eligible for FREE delivery. FBA items may also be eligible for faster delivery (Same-Day, One-Day and Two-Day).
If you are a seller, Fulfilment by Amazon can help you grow your business. Learn more about the programme.
- Broadcom TurboQAM technology increases wireless-N data rate to 600 Mbps for 33% faster performance
- Five gigabit ethernet ports for fast, stable wired network connections
- Dual USB ports with USB 3.0 for ten times faster data transfer than USB 2.0
- Dual-core processor for fast and responsive performance with Wi-Fi, ethernet and USB devices
- 3 years manufacturer warranty from date of purchase
Save Extra with 4 offers
- No Cost EMI (2): No Cost EMI available on all major credit cards and select debit cards. The total amount you pay to your EMI provider will be equal to the item price. Here's how
- No Cost EMI available on all major credit cards and select debit cards. The total amount you pay to your EMI provider will be equal to the item price. Here's how
- Bank Offer (4): Get 5% cashback on a minimum purchase of Rs 2000 with HDFC Bank Debit Cards Here's how
- 10% Instant Discount on IndusInd bank Credit EMI transactions Here's how
- 10% Instant Discount on Yes bank Credit EMI transactions Here's how
- 5% Instant discount with HSBC Cashback card Here's how
- Cashback (2): Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa Signature or Visa Infinite cards. Shop during the Visa Shopping Days starting 20th to end of every month. Cashback within 3 days. Here's how
- Flat Rs.50 back Amazon Pay Balance on minimum order of Rs.50 using Amazon Pay UPI. For Android App customers only. Valid once during offer period. Cashback within 10 days. Set up Amazon Pay UPI Here's how
- Partner Offers (2): Avail EMI on Debit Cards. Get credit up to ₹1,00,000.Check eligibility here! Here's how
- Get GST invoice and save up to 28% on business purchases. Sign up for free Here's how
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
The Asus RT-AC68U is the world’s fastest Wi-Fi router, with combined dual-band data rates of up to 1900 Mbps. 1300 Mbps 802.11ac at 5 GHz gives Gigabit wireless data rates, while Broadcom Turbo QAMTM technology super-charges 2.4 GHz 802.11n performance from 450 Mbps to 600 Mbps with compatible devices. Powered by a dual-core processor, the RT-AC68U eliminates the performance drops that plague other routers with busy networks. So even on the busiest home networks, HD video streaming is always smooth, the latency low for online gaming and VoIP calls, and file downloads are never interrupted. The RT-AC68U also features dual USB ports for file, printers and 3G/4G modems sharing and a USB 3.0 port for up to ten times faster data transfers than USB 2.0. Exclusive Asus Ai Cloud transforms your home networking into your personal cloud for easy streaming and sharing to smartphones, PCs, and tablets. Router-to-Router sync also makes it simple to sync files on USB-connected storage with other compatible Asus routers for hassle-free sharing of large files with family and friends.
Compare with similar items
TP-Link Archer C6 AC1200 Wireless MU-MIMO Gigabit Router (Black)
TP-Link Archer C20 AC750 Wireless Dual Band Router (Blue, Not a Modem)
Netgear Nighthawk X6S R8000P AC4000 Tri-Band Gigabit Wi-Fi Router (Black)
ASUS RT-AC88U AC3100 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router
Asus AC1750 RT AC66U Dual-Band Wireless Gigabit Router (Black)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||nationalPC||Appario Retail Private Ltd||Appario Retail Private Ltd||Appario Retail Private Ltd||Appario Retail Private Ltd||WiFiZonee|
|Connectivity Technology||RJ-45||Wired||Wireless||wan; wireless||lan||RJ-45|
|Data Transfer Rate||1,900 Mb per second||1,200 Mb per second||433 Mb per second||—||—||1,750 Mb per second|
|Item Weight||0.64 kg||350 grams||320 grams||—||0.5 kg||340 grams|
|Model Number||RT-AC68U||Archer C6||ARCHER C20||AC4000||RT-AC88U||RT-AC66U (AC1750)|
|Wireless Comm Standard||802.11ac||802.11ac||5.8 GHz Radio Frequency||802.11a||—||802.11a/b/g/n/ac|
From the manufacturer
Experience wireless performance that rivals a wired Gigabit connection, with combined dual-band data rates up to 1900 Mbps, 1300 Mbps on 802.11ac and a boosted 600 Mbps on 802.11n thanks to Broadcom TurboQAM technology. Powered by a dual-core processor, eliminate performance drops that plague other routers with busy networks for smooth 4K video streaming, low latency online gaming, and ultra-fast downloading at one time. ASUS-exclusive AiProtection by Trend Micro keeps your digital playground safe and sound. Dual USB ports let you share files, network a printer, and connect to a 3G/4G modem.
At a Glance
- Dual-band data rates up to 1900 Mbps
- 4 x Gigabit LAN ports, USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports
- ASUSWRT graphical user interface for 30-second setup
- AiProtection Powered by Trend Micro provides multi-stage vulnerability protection
Highest Customer Satisfaction with Wireless Routers in the U.S.
ASUS achieved the highest scores* in 6 study factors: Reliability, Wi-Fi range, Security, Capabilities, Speed of upload/download file, Restore connection easily, and Variety of features.
*ASUS received the highest numerical score among wireless routers in the J.D. Power 2015 Wireless Router Satisfaction Report, based on 2,716 responses from 8 companies measuring satisfaction with wireless routers surveyed November-December 2015. Your experiences may vary. Visit the JD Power website.
Features and Benefits
802.11AC Wi-Fi with TurboQAM Wi-Fi acceleration
The ASUS RT-AC68U features dual-band data rates of up to 1900 Mbps: 1300 Mbps 802.11ac at 5 GHz gives Gigabit-speed wireless data rates, while Broadcom TurboQAM technology super-charges 2.4 GHz 802.11n performance from 450 Mbps to 600 Mbps with compatible devices.
Do more at once with a dual-core CPU inside
RT-AC68U features a dual-core processor that eliminates the performance drops that plague other routers. So even on the busiest home networks, 4K video streaming is always smooth, the latency low for online gaming and VoIP calls, and file downloads are never interrupted.
Enhanced signal range and stability
ASUS AiRadar with exclusive ASUS RF fine-tuning intelligently strengthens wireless connectivity using 802.11ac beamforming technology for high power amplification. This ensures extended coverage, dynamic data speed increases, and enhanced stability.
AiProtection Powered by Trend Micro
Just as wireless technology has evolved, online threats have similarly evolved. AiProtection provides multi-stage protection against these threats. From vulnerability protection and malicious site blocking to preventing already-infected devices from transmitting personal data, AiProtection keeps your digital playground safe and sound.
ASUSWRT User Interface
The RT-AC68U features the enhanced, intuitive ASUSWRT user interface, which gives you easy access to both the 3-step web-based installation process and a wealth of robust advanced options.
What's in the Box?
- RT-AC68U Dual-band Wireless-AC1900 Gigabit Router.
- RJ-45 Ethernet cable.
- Power adapter.
- Quick start guide.
- Support CD (user manual and utility).
- Wireless Type: 802.11ac/b/g/n
- Wireless Speed: Up to 1900 mbps
- Wireless Frequency: Dual-band (5GHz @ 802.11ac & 2.4 GHz @ 802.11n)
- Wired Connectivity: 5 x LAN, 1x WAN gigabit Ethernet port
- USB Ports: 1x USB 3.0, 1x USB 2.0
- Warranty: 2 Years
507 customer reviews
Review this product
Showing 1-8 of 507 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I'm currently using a Linksys EA6500 AC1750 (₹14000) smart Dual band gigabit Router as a primary modem router for my ACT Fibernet connection. Then I had cat 6 cables run around the house. Other end needed a good gigabit router with a good enough range. I was using a Netgear R6220 AC1200 smart gigabit router (₹3400) which was okay buy not all that good.
With Netgear & D-Link (threw away all my D-Link products) , I had issues especially with unstable WIFI connection. And what really lacked was control on these other routers (all similarly priced) they just seemed restricted and dumbed down.
Then I stumbled on to this Asus RT-AC58U. It had all the requirements I wanted, like WRT, print server & of course VPN.
-Decent build quality
-Very good performance (consistent data speeds)
-MU-MIMO support (very stable wireless connection)
-Good 2.4Ghz Range & 5GHz Coverage
-Wave-2 802.11ac support
-USB 3.0 with Print server, 4g dongle support & file server
-VPN client & server support. (Darn important)
-Only one USB port ( too bad that it's only one)
-Changes in settings will take time and restart the router (super slow reboot)
-No AiMesh feature (will buy the RT-AC86U soon)
Only after Linksys's most beautiful interface, The Asus WRT GUI is also a delight to work with, and it's just like my ASUS prime b250 motherboard's UEFI seen on them, the layout, the feel, its top notch.
Coming to VPN, it supports both VPN client & Server setup with PPTP, L2TP & OpenVPN Support. I personally have a CyberGhost Premium subscription & had no problem setting up an OpenVPN client in this router. After setup, activate and u can forget about it, as the VPN automatically reconnects after a restart. With VPN, the connection speeds usually drop a lot but luckily ain't my problem, I experienced stable & decent data speeds with pings less than <50ms which was truly impressive. I even tried with my other paid VPN subscriptions like Keepsolid's VPN Unlimited, ivacy Premium & Tiger VPN.
Out of these, CyberGhost VPN was the only better performing client & it's very safe , doesn't keep logs, has malware protection & ad blocker feature and it's out of the 5 eyes, 9 eyes & 14 eyes countries list.
For the asking price of ₹4300, the ASUS RT-AC58U Wi-Fi Router offers a great deal. It's the perfect stepping stone between budget and powerhouse, just keep in mind this is a router only, and won't perform any miracle to a weaker Internet connection.
Typical impressive ASUS performance, sleek visuals and pleasant UI. Stable connection & transfer speeds.
One useful tip for you is to immediately update the firmware to Version 126.96.36.199.380.8228 that's released on April 2018. Will fix the problems what others mentioned in their negative feedbacks.
Here's a list of fixes that are there in the new firmware,
- Fixed information disclosure vulnerability.
- Fixed CVE-2018-5721 Stack-base buffer overflow vulnerability
- Fixed CVE-2018-8826 remote code code execution vulnerability.
- Fixed CVE-2018-5999 HTTP authorization bypass and CVE-2018-6000. An independent security researcher has reported this vulnerability to Beyond Security’s SecuriTeam Secure Disclosure program
- Fixed remote code execution vulnerability.
- Fixed CVE-2017-14491: DNS - 2 byte heap based overflow
- Fixed CVE-2017-14492: DHCP - heap based overflow
- Fixed CVE-2017-14493: DHCP - stack based overflow
- Fixed CVE-2017-14494: DHCP - info leak
- Fixed CVE-2017-14495: DNS - OOM DoS
- Fixed CVE-2017-14496: DNS - DoS Integer underflow
- Fixed CVE-2017-13704: Bug collision
I've replaced the Linksys router with the better performing Asus 88U router. Upgraded my intranet wiring with CAT6E for a 1Gbps intranet
September 2018 update:
My Asus 88U has been an amazing router, I've purchased a second AC58U router for my office network with no performance hiccups. Best thing is that I can manage all my Asus routers at once with the intuitive Asus app.
The first thing i did once i started the router was update the firmware to the latest version. The router automatically gave an option to do this. Infact it even auto detected the lan subnet and suggested to switch to 192.168.2.1 from 192.168.1.1 which my modem was on.
My Router: Asus RT-AC58U AC1300 Dual Band Gigabit Wireless Router
My Modem: Asianet FTTH ont (Hathway) in unbridged mode with wifi-off.
(might be faster in bridged mode, but my isp requires mac binding, so waiting for isp to do that)
My Internet Plan: Asianet 899 - 200Mbps FTTH
Tested on Wifi-Radio - 5Ghz band
Tested on Device - OnePlus 5 Mobile
Tested App - Speedtest by Ookla
Tested Server - Alliance Broadband Ernakulam (Both Tests on this server)
Tested Wifi speed before router: 45Mbps avg to 80Mbps maximum ping 23-45ms.
Tested Wifi speed after router: 190+Mbps to 205Mbps maximum upload and download almost always. ping :2-3ms.
The range is easily 20-30% better than my previous wifi.
The speed instantly started at 200Mbps unlike on the old router where the speed increased slowly to 80mbps.
Asianet Third DNS (fastest) chose 1 fastest server from isp.
Asus router DHCP DNS:
And to top it off, Asus has one of the best Firmwares with one of the best DHCP management systems, which is one of the main reasons i wanted to opt for Asus routers.
I did not have any drop issues or signal quality issues unlike what i saw on some reviews here. Guess i was lucky maybe and hopefully remains so :)
So yeah, This is probably the best AC router in the market for this value. (Performance+Value for money)
1. It's been 2 days since purchased.
2. Lan Speed - Awesome
3. Wifi Stability - Very good
4. Range of 5Ghz & 2.4 better than other routers
5. WiFi Speed - Good.
6. Onboard and Setup - Easy
7. Features - Yet to explore all. As of now configured connected my 1TB HDD as Media Server. Parental Control and VPN yet to try.
8. UI - UEFI BIOS feel
1. USB Storage - First time if you connect a HDD, it scans the entire drive slowly for media files and the same appear in devices slowly. It took few Hrs for less than 1TB Data.
2. Applying Changes - Applying changes will reboot or take a min.
3. Reboot and reconnect delayed - After couple of reboot.. hesitant to reboot.
4. FTP Config - FTP Config is not easy as expected.
5. Firmware Upgrade fails.
6. App could've been better.
These cons are liveable. I was Seeking Speed, Range and Stability. This was a perfect choice for my Act 250 Mbps.
In Lan I get 250 MBPS
In WiFi 2.4 - 60 & 5 - 80 MBPS (After crossing Concrete walls and a Door)
Seller: OnlineKing. Price is couple of hundreds more than others. But went for their review and never disappointed. Packing and time taken to deliver was impressive.