- Product Dimensions: 27.4 x 30 x 27.4 cm ; 2.27 Kg
- Item model number: ARC-1010SB
- ASIN: B004O828KE
- Date first available at Amazon.in: 6 September 2014
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #4,24,318 in Home & Kitchen (See Top 100 in Home & Kitchen)
Aroma ARC-1010SB 10-Cup (Uncooked) 20-Cup (Cooked) Digital Rice Cooker and Food Steamer, Black/Silver
Pay on Delivery (Cash/Card) eligible
What is this?
Pay on Delivery (POD) includes Cash on Delivery (COD) as well as Debit card / Credit card / Net banking payments at your doorstep.
- Aroma is the #1 rice cooker brand in the US.
- Capacity: Yields up to 20 cups of COOKED rice (approx. 20 servings).
- Easy-to-use functions: white rice, brown rice, sautÃ©-then-simmer, steam and keep-warm.
- Quick tip: 15-hour delay timer is perfect for flexible meal planning
- Included accessories: steam tray, rice measuring cup and serving spatula.
|Need GST Invoice on this product?|
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
This digital rice cooker from Aroma makes perfect rice, soups, stews and even steams meat and vegetables while simultaneously cooking rice. It flawlessly prepares up to 20 cups of any type of cooked r
Compare with similar items
Borosil BRC18LDSS11 1.8-Liters Electric Rice Cooker and Steamer (Black)
Panasonic SR-Y22FHS 750-Watt Automatic Electric Cooker with Non-stick Cooking Pan (Burgundy)
Panasonic SR-942D 10-Litre Automatic Rice Cooker
Redmond Digital Smart Multicooker Rmc-M20 Black, Capacity 5L, 10 Automatic Programs
Redmond RMC-M4500E Digital Cooker - 5L, Black Metallic
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||Micro Domestic Appliances||Cloudtail India||Olympia Industries Ltd.||Sunmaria Enterprises||Sunmaria Enterprises|
|Included Components||—||Electric Rice Cooker, Plastic Cup, Plastic Spatula, Plastic Steamer and Warranty Card||ELECTRIC COOKER, NON STICK COOKING PAN, STEAMING BASKET, LID, SPATULA, USER MANUAL WITH WARRANTY CARD||1 Electric Cooker, 1 Cooking Pan, 1 Lid, 1 Spatula, 1 Measuring Cup, User Manual with Warranty Card||Multicooker with removable bowl, Steam basket, Measuring cup, Serving spoon, Stirring paddle, Spoon/paddle holder, Power cord, User manual, Service & Warranty booklet, “100 Recipes” cookbook||Multicooker with removable bowl, Steam basket, Measuring cup, Serving spoon, Stirring paddle, Spoon/paddle holder, Power cord, User manual, Service & Warranty booklet, “100 Recipes” cookbook|
|Item Weight||2.27 kg||3.75 kg||3.24 kg||5.9 kg||—||—|
|Material||—||Stainless Steel||Metal||Metal||Stainless Steel/Plastic||Stainless Steel/Plastic|
|Model Number||ARC-1010SB||BRC18LDSS11||SR-Y22FHS||SR-942D||RMC-M20 black||PM4500 black|
|Power Source Type||—||electric||electric||electric||—||—|
|Warranty||—||1 year on product||2 years on product and 5 years on heater||2 years on product and 5 years on heater||—||—|
|Wattage||—||650 watts||750 watts||1,370 watts||800 watts||700 watts|
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
20 cup is just the right size for us, we use it to make rice, vegetables, chicken, pork, etc. The new one has more functions, a delay timer, option for white and brown rice, saute, and keep warm. Comes with a scooper, a measuring cup, and a steamer tray. Everything is to my liking except two things. 1. The lid is NOT removable, making it hard to clean since we cook more than just rice. 2. The electrical cord is not retractable so when it's not in used, the cord will be dangling. We are comparing to our old one so we kind of expected these two features. Due to the non-removable lid, I will need to return it because I know we will not be able to keep it clean. But I am buying another Aroma, also the 20 cup, stainless steel with a glass lid. :) Doesn't have all the fancy functions, just a simple cook and warm button but that's what our old one has. Looking forward to it and I will be posting a review for that one when it arrives.
Hope you find my review helpful. :)
Update: We used the saute and simmer function for the first time - We added a little oil and allowed it to heat. It took more than 5 minutes to heat up enough t how we liked enough to make the cinnamon, clove and cardammom splutter. The end result was good but I will probably use my stove to do the sauteing part.
We also tried out basmati rice for the first time and realised the 2 cups of water for 1 cup of rice results in slighly over cooked rice. We will try with adding lesser water next time.
The rice cooker still works very well and we are quite happy after a few months.
I am an asian have been eating rice my entire life so I know when a pot of rice is not cooked "good". The following I will explain why I give the product 3 out of 5
- 20 cups capacity
- steamer rack
- I like the overall design
- It fails to produce high quality rice. Which is the sole purpose of buying a rice cooker. The best batch I've gotten was simply "fair". Maybe I just haven't figured the perfect water:rice ratio but heck this isn't rocket science?!!?
- unacceptable cook time for brown rice, which is over 1 hr and 30 min average!!! You serious???!?!!!
- warming mode burns the bottom of the rice so you are too afraid of preparing the rice ahead of a meal. This copes with the insane cook time on brown rice expect everyone in the family go hungry.
The bottom line is, this rice cooker indeed cooks rice, but simply can't be compared to big japanese brand like zojirushi, which cooks rice to perfection every - single - time, with a press of a button/lever, white/brown alike.
- Affordable price given its capacity
- Good build overall
- Aluminum externals
- Light to carry
- Good and simple to read display
- Steamer tray (for veggies, etc) is great.
- The steam water drainage to the clear container below the handle doesn't collect the water properly. It spills more than desirable. And yes, I've cleaned everything beforehand.
- The steam vent on the cover is not as well designed as I've seen in others. Hard to clean.
- The non-stick surface could be... honestly... more non-stick. I tried different kinds of rice, and preparation techniques, yet it sticks. My yard stick are other rice cookers I've owned/seen.
- "Warmer" setting seems to over-dry the rice. In other words, it maybe too hot to just keep it warm and it continues the cooking process ever-so-slightly that you get very dry rice in not very long.
In conclusion, we'll be looking into a (smaller?) rick cooker that's a little more thought out... it's all about the details.
I'm sure Aroma will continue to improve their products, I would honestly consider another Aroma appliance. Thanks!