- Paperback: 464 pages
- Publisher: John Wiley & Sons; 4th edition (14 November 2014)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9781118745083
- ISBN-13: 978-1118745083
- ASIN: 1118745086
- Product Dimensions: 21.3 x 2.3 x 27.2 cm
- Average Customer Review: 7 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #31,200 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ 100.00 Delivery charge
+ FREE Delivery
Architecture: Form, Space, & Order Paperback – 14 Nov 2014
Save Extra with 2 offers
- Cashback (2): Get 50% cashback up to Rs. 50 using Axis Bank Credit & Debit Cards. Valid only on your first 2 online payments. Cashback will be credited as Amazon Pay balance within 10 days from purchase. Here's how
- Get 25% back up to Rs. 50 back on your first order using Amazon Pay UPI. Cashback within 10 days. Link Bank Account Here's how
- No Cost EMI: No Cost EMI available on Amazon Pay ICICI credit cards on orders above Rs. 3000 Here's how
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Back Cover
THE CLASSIC ARCHITECTURAL REFERENCE, UPDATED WITH CONTEMPORARY EXAMPLES AND INTERACTIVE RESOURCES
For more than forty years, the beautifully illustrated Architecture: Form, Space, and Order has served as the classic introduction to the basic vocabulary of architectural design. The updated and revised Fourth Edition features the fundamental elements of space and form and is designed to encourage critical thought in order to promote a more evocative understanding of architecture.
Architecture: Form, Space, and Order distills complex concepts of design into a clear focus and brings difficult abstractions to life. The book explains form and space in relation to light, view, openings, and enclosures and explores the organization of space, and the elements and relationships of circulation, as well as proportion and scale. In addition, the texts detailed illustrations demonstrate the concepts presented and reveal the relationships between fundamental elements of architecture through the ages and across cultures.
This edition includes an access card with a redemption code for the online Interactive Resource Center, which features thirty-five animations, flashcards of key architectural terms, and an image gallery showcasing hundreds of photos that enrich the books content.
About the Author
FRANCIS D.K. CHING is the bestselling author of numerous books on architecture and design, including A Global History of Architecture, Architectural Graphics, A Visual Dictionary of Architecture, Interior Design Illustrated, and Building Construction Illustrated, all published by Wiley. He is a registered architect and Professor Emeritus at the University of Washington in Seattle.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.