Top positive review
An amazing deal at INR 69,999/-
12 October 2018
This is my 3rd iPhone after iPhone 4S and iPhone 6S Plus.
Being an utter working middle class guy, I don't switch my iPhones very often (my android phones barely lasted me 9 months though). I do consider them extremely expensive, and I wouldn't go for one, unless I felt it was worth the money I was paying for it.
- I got this phone for INR 69,999/- from Amazon. With exchange offer, it cost me a little over 60K. For the price (and that price only), this makes it worth the buy.
- It may not be the latest and greatest, but compared to iPhone XR, this is a much better package overall. Considering the XR is now priced higher than X. XS is only marginally better, and didn't feel it was worth the extra 30K.
- Even after a year of being on the market, this phone is an absolute beast in terms of performance, especially after iOS 12.
- The Camera is a beauty. You can't compare with DSLRs, but it is right up there with OnePlus and Google phones.
- Looks exactly like the XS, and doesn't even have the S badging. So no one will be the wiser.
- The delivery was a bit of a hassle. I had opted for One Day Delivery, at my work address. The agent reached at 7:30 in the morning, when I was obviously not at work. He did say he will come later in the afternoon. However, received the phone a day later.
- The phone is extremely slippery. Invest in a good case, front screen protector and a rear glass protector
- Such expensive phones should come with 128GB of storage as base, instead of 64GB. If you record 4K videos, it will eat up your storage really quickly.
- Videos get heavily cropped when watching in full screen mode. If you have the money, go for XS Max.
- The battery isn't the best. Takes over two hours to fully charge from 5% to 100% even with the iPad charger. With moderate usage, you can get 8 hours barely.
- With the price of the phone, should have at least come with the fast charger in the box.