Apple MacBook MJY42HN/A 12-inch Retina Display Laptop (Intel Core M/8GB/512GB/OS X Yosemite/Intel HD Graphics 5300), Space Grey
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- 1.2 GHz with Turbo Boost upto 2.4 GHz
- Dual Core Intel Core M Processor
- 8GB of 1600MHz LPDDR3 onboard memory
- 512GB PCIe-based onboard flash storage
- 12-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit display with IPS technology (2304*1440)
- X Yosemite Operating System
- Intel HD Graphics 5300
| The order quantity for this product is limited to 1 unit per customer|
Please note that orders which exceed the quantity limit will be auto-canceled. This is applicable across sellers.
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Description for Apple MacBook MJY42HN/A 12-inch Retina Display Laptop (Intel Core M/8GB/512GB/OS X
512GB PCIe-based onboard flash storage1 1.2GHz dual-core Intel Core M processor Turbo Boost up to 2.6GHz 8GB memory Intel HD Graphics 5300
From the Manufacturer
Apple MacBook MF855HN/A 12-inch Retina Display Laptop (Intel Core M/8GB/256GB/OS X Yosemite/Intel HD Graphics 5300), Silver
With the new MacBook, we set out to do the impossible: engineer a full-size experience into the lightest and most compact Mac notebook ever. That meant reimagining every element to make it not only lighter and thinner but also better. The result is more than just a new notebook. It’s the future of the notebook.
A full-size keyboard. In a fraction of the space.
We believe that a comfortable, full-size keyboard is essential for a great notebook experience. But to fit one into the elegantly thin new MacBook, we had to completely rethink how a keyboard is engineered and constructed. To create the new keyboard, we redesigned each key and its underlying mechanism — not only making the whole keyboard much thinner, but also allowing for more comfortable, precise and responsive typing that just feels right.
The moment you open the new MacBook, its gorgeous 12-inch Retina display with edge-to-edge glass brings everything into focus. Every photo leaps off the screen in rich, vibrant detail. Over three million pixels render each letter with crystal clarity. And it all comes to light on the thinnest, most energy-efficient Retina display ever on a Mac, meticulously honed to deliver a bold visual experience within an impossibly minimal design.
The trackpad, pushed even further with Force Touch.
With the new MacBook comes a whole new way to experience a trackpad. The Force Touch trackpad is engineered to deliver a responsive, uniform click no matter where you press the surface. And underneath, force sensors detect how much pressure you’re applying and give you new ways to interact with your Mac.
Fully equipped for a wireless world.
The new MacBook is designed to fit effortlessly into our increasingly wireless world. Just about anything you do with a notebook can now be done over the air, thanks to Apple software that takes full advantage of the latest Wi‑Fi and Bluetooth wireless technology. So no matter where you are, you can connect to the web, transfer files, organise your photos, listen to music and more — without being tied down.
Connect a charger
The most efficient way to charge a notebook is by connecting a charger to a port. And as long as we were going to include a port for charging the new MacBook, we wanted to make sure it was the most advanced and versatile one available. The new USB-C port puts just about everything you need in a port all in one place. This amazing port provides charging, speedy USB 3 data transfer and video output in a small, reversible design that’s one third the size of the current USB port.
The new MacBook has been engineered from the ground up for silent, efficient performance. It starts with a fifth-generation Intel Core M processor that runs on just 5 watts of power, made even more efficient by optimisations throughout OS X Yosemite. Together the processor and OS X sip so little energy that the system generates very little heat, so no fan is required to cool the computer. That means when your MacBook is working, you won’t hear a thing. And the logic board on which the processor sits has been completely redesigned to pack all the capability you expect in a Mac into as little space as possible.
OS X is the operating system that powers every Mac. Built on a rock-solid UNIX foundation, it’s engineered to take full advantage of what the hardware is capable of. It’s designed to be as easy to use as it is beautiful to look at. It comes with an amazing collection of apps you’ll use — and love — every day. And it enables your Mac and iOS devices to work wonderfully together.
All-day battery life. All-new design.
We know people rely on Apple notebooks for all-day battery life, regardless of how compact they are. And with the slim new MacBook enclosure, all-day battery life simply would not be achievable using traditional rectangular batteries. So we developed our own unique battery technology specifically designed to make use of every last millimetre of available space. The result is a terraced, contoured battery design that not only fits perfectly inside the incredibly slim MacBook, but also is unlike anything seen before in a notebook.
Every Mac comes with apps for creativity and apps for productivity. It also comes with a collection of great apps for things you do every day, like surﬁng the web, sending mail and messages, and organising your calendar. It even comes with an app for finding new apps. Your Mac is more than fully featured, it’s fully loaded.
Compare to similar items
Apple MacBook Air MQD32HN/A 13.3-inch Laptop 2017 (Core i5/8GB/128GB/MacOS Sierra/Integrated Graphics)
Apple MacBook MLHE2HN/A 12-inch Laptop (Core m3/8GB/256GB/OS X El Capitan/Integrated Graphics), Gold
Apple MacBook MLH72HN/A 12-inch Laptop (Core m3/8GB/256GB/OS X El Capitan/Integrated Graphics), Space Grey
Apple MacBook MLHA2HN/A 12-inch Laptop (Core m3/8GB/256GB/OS X El Capitan/Integrated Graphics), Silver
Apple MPXQ2HN/A Laptop (Core i5/8GB/128GB/Mac OS/Integrated Graphics), Space Grey
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||—||TigeRetaiL_SLP||IT SALES||J A K S (LLP)||J A K S (LLP)||Cloudtail India|
|Computer Memory Size||8 GB||8 GB||8 GB||8 GB||8 GB||8 GB|
|Processor (CPU) Model||Core 2 Duo Mobile||Core i5||core_m||core_m||core_m||Core i5|
|Processor (CPU) Manufacturer||Intel||Intel||Intel||Intel||Intel||Intel|
|Processor (CPU) Speed||1.2 GHz||1.8 GHz||—||1.1 GHz||1.1 GHz||—|
|Display Size||12 inches||13.3 inches||12 inches||12 inches||12 inches||13.3 inches|
|Graphics Coprocessor||Intel Integrated Graphics||Intel HD Graphics 6000||Intel HD 515||Intel HD 515||Intel HD 515||Intel Iris Plus 640|
|Hard disk Description||Solid State Drive||Solid State||Solid State||Solid State||Solid State||Solid State|
|Hard Disk Size||512 GB||128 GB||256 GB||256 GB||256 GB||128 GB|
|Item Weight||0.92 kg||1.35 kg||0.92 kg||0.92 kg||0.92 kg||3.02 kg|
|Model Number||MJY42HN/A||MacBook Air||MLHE2HN/A||MLH72HN/A||MLHA2HN/A||MPXQ2HN/A|
|Operating System||Mac OS||MacOS Sierra||OS X El Capitan||OS X El Capitan||OS X El Capitan||Mac OS|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Moving on, now that I've said my piece, I will talk about the new Macbook 12. Of course the design is fabulous, the screen is mecca, the sound is excellent, so excellent you'll think a macbook has never sounded better and for most of it, buddy you're right. The battery is 10 hours and that's gold I think. The keyboard is lovely, I don't know why they are complaining. The USB C port can easily be expanded with a Rs 900 hub. Don't follow? I purchased a 900 accessory from Amazon India and now I can simply connect 4USB Drives and they all work at optimum speed. I am struggling to find things I dislike because Apple has really gone all guns blazing with this machine. You put this on your lap, its good. You put this on a table, it is par excellence. You put this on your stomach while lying down and it won't even heat. Deciding between this and the Macbook Pro Retina? Read on...
If you are in the market for a value for money Macbook, you should only consider the Macbook Air 13 because that is where all the value for money lies. It is worth paying the price because it has the best battery, arguably the best keyboard, the best brightness (for brightness junkies) but it lacks Retina. Otherwise its excellent and perfect value.
If you are in the market to decide between the Macbook 12 and the Macbook Pro Retina, things are interesting... Let me compare why one is better than the other...
WHY YOU SHOULD CHOOSE MBP RETINA OVER MACBOOK?
1) Rugged Use. Bigger screen.
2) Extra USB ports always available at your disposal
3) I use the HDMI port on the Retina Macbook Pro all the time
4) Feels like more of a bang for your buck just by looking at it. You can get one for 85k and even 79k on the days amazon is feeling generous.
5) 60% of people are likely to like the Apple Macbook Pro Retina's keyboard more
6) That's a powerhouse i5 5th gen and this is an Intel Atom 1.1 GHZ (sounds like a celeron equal) but then I'm only a media user.
7) Both MacBooks have cameras and both are terrible. The one on the MBP is marginally better.
8) The APPLE logo only lights up on the MBP (some may care so Im mentioning)
9) No need to invest into USB C. You can charge and use your hard drive simultaneously. But in Macbook you have to wait buddy.
10) If you're interested in investing in Windows, then MBP is a better option for performance slump won't be noticeable.
11) Sometimes this lasts me 1 to 2 hours extra as opposed to the new macbook.
Why you should buy a Macbook instead of the MBP Retina or MBA?
1) The sound is overwhelmingly good. I mean the bass is consistent and it destroys the tinny sound of the other MacBooks. I love this feature. Mind you it is not as loud as the MBP or Air.
2) Though this is more expensive because at this this time of writing this review it costs 91k and the MBP R costs 86k, the difference is that this has a 256GB SSD. I highly recommend a 256GB SSD because both my Macbook Pro Retina and the Macbook have this. My macbook Air with 128GB SSD got full long back.
3) The keyboard is one to love. It is from the future.
4) The form factor is one to love. It is from the future also.
5) I am more likely to use my Macbook than the MBP Retina simply because it is easier to access, it is more portable and it is so perfect all the time, with no system lag, this is just brilliant i think.
6) Both displays are brilliant. Apple destroys everyone else with its perfect Retina display. The Macbook Air can't even touch this.
7) Minimum of 8 hours on a single charge.
8) You can't get the Macbook Pro in any colour other than the big brother silver. The MacBooks are in gold, silver and space grey. I don't know about you but I wouldn't buy a Gold macbook but that's just me. Its too bling and out there. AND this year when they update the Macbook, the old gold will look gawdy, mark my words.
If I was in your shoes and looking for a MBP or a Macbook, I'd have a tough time. I hope the points I enlisted help. Unless you're doing video editing, or highly processor intensive apps all the time, don't buy the MACBOOK PRO. If you're in for the sleek, sexy and fantastic, go with the Macbook.
RESALE VALUE -
All three units have excellent Resale values...
If you use it for 2 years, at the end of 2 years, you can still resell for about 65% of the money you paid. So keep those boxes, keep those bills handy. Do not throw away anything. Whether you buy from INDIA or Australia or UK or USA or Nairobi, the warranty is active everywhere in the world.
Battery life? All MacBooks last about 8 hours at least. So you should be very happy in buying them. Please don't keep your laptop plugged in all the time. Let it discharge after 100%.
Apple Care? I suggest you invest in 3 years if you intend on keeping the macbook for that long. Unless you're a constant upgrader like me, you should invest 14000 extra and get that 3 year warranty.
Have I used it? My Macbook Pro Retina's screen stopped coming on. I tried everything and finally took it to the service centre and they fixed it for free in one day. But this is all under warranty.
How long will it take for them to replace battery? 1000 cycles or if its capacity goes below 80%. The warranty is covered in Apple Care. Its worth changing your battery after 18 months, buddy.
Gifting your friend? Child? Mother? Buy the Macbook Air or this one.
Please like my review if it is helpful.
Please dislike my review if it was unhelpful. I promise to improve on the next one.
UPDATE - January 26th,2017.
A few days ago I was using the laptop and put it to sleep at night. The next morning it would not go beyond the password screen. The white bar would take about 15 min to load but hang in the end. The power adapter was also not charging and had become non usable.
I have spoken to the Apple Helpline for hours at a stretch(Level 2, Miss Rachita), we could not troubleshoot so then she asked me to take the machine to the service center. At the service center we tried to boot up the machine via an external hard disk. After several attempts and multiple failures and almost 2 hours the service personnel here in Dehradun, Mr. Sanjay informed me that there was a problem with the motherboard and generated a test report.
The test report states that the MLB test and power adapter have failed. He said that there is problem with the motherboard and I should call up Apple and update them.
I spoke to Miss Rachita today and updated her on the situation. She said that I would be sent new parts which would be installed after opening up the laptop. I asked her if I could get a replacement and a new piece but she denied and stuck to giving me a parts replacement.
NOT DONE APPLE
1. My warranty ends in July, what if the laptop has a problem from the factory itself, maybe with internal circuitry, power input? What does the Apple customer do if the motherboard fries again when I am out of the warranty zone? PAY MORE MONEY!!
2. This is NOT THE FIRST TIME the machine has given a problem, twice before I have had to restore the machine and have LOST ALL MY DATA. Music and work files most importantly. IT IS BUT OBVIOUS THAT THIS IS DEFECTED PIECE FROM THE FACTORY ITSELF.
3. IS APPLE GOING TO PAY ME FOR MY TIME? I've spent more than 12 hours trying to diagnose and fix this machine since the day I purchased it. But this issue takes the cake!
4. I can get an extended warranty but warranty time beyond that, which would come renewed with a new machine is lost! How hard is that to understand that as a consumer I wish to safeguard my investment, on a product that is by far THE MOST EXPENSIVE PIECE OF TECHNOLOGY YOU CAN BUY IN THE PORTABLE DEVICE MARKET. AND IF I AM INVESTING MY HARD EARNED MONEY INTO THIS MACHINE THEN IT IS MY RIGHT TO EXTRACT IT'S VALUE TO THE FULLEST!
5. And lastly, how many times shall I rebuild my music libraries, my work is all gone. For the 3RD TIME!
I am writing to Amazon because I have purchased this machine from the store here.
SINCE, APPLE HELPINE HAS CLEARLY STATED THAT THEY SHALL NOT ENTERTAIN MY THOUGHTS ON THIS SUBJECT I SHALL REPORT THIS MATTER TO YOUR SUPERIORS.
YOU DO NOT RISE UP TO BECOME THE LEADING TECHNOLOGICAL GIANT BY DESERTING A CUSTOMER AND LEAVING HIM WITH A "METAL BRICK".
HIGHLY DISSATISFIED. I REQUEST YOU FOR A NEW MACHINE. SIMPLY PUT THERE IS A PROBLEM IN THE MANUFACTURING OF THIS PRODUCT FROM THE FACTORY END..THAT IS WHY THERE IS A RECURRING PROBLEM. I DON'T WANT TO BE WASTING ANY MORE OF MY TIME AND MONEY BY RUNNING TO SERVICE CENTERS AND CALLING HELPLINES FOR TWO HOURS AT A STRETCH WITHOUT GETTING ABOLUTELY NO ASSISTANCE.
I AM SHOCKED BY THIS WAY OF TREATMENT. BIG THUMBS DOWN AND I SHALL FIGHT FOR MY RIGHTS AND MY HARD EARNES MONEY.
Once I went the apple service center, it was found that the MacBook purchase date is shown as Nov 2015, where has my unit had reached me in June 2016...
This is one of worst service I have received for a expensive product.