- HDFC: 10% instant discount up to Rs. 1500 on minimum order of Rs. 3,000 with HDFC Credit/Debit cards and EMIs Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- No cost EMI on HDFC credit cards on orders above Rs.3000, HDFC debit cards on orders above Rs.10,000 and Bajaj Finserv EMI cards on orders above Rs.4500 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Get 10% cashback up to Rs.25 using BHIM UPI to pay. Cashback will be credited as Amazon Pay balance within 10 days. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa Signature or Visa Infinite cards. Offer valid only once per customer. Cashback within 3 days from shipment. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Save up to Rs 2400 a year; Earn 2% cash back on every order with Amazon Pay balance. Sign up now! Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Get up to ₹2000 cashback across Swiggy, BookMyShow, Goibibo & Netmeds. Shop on Amazon for ₹300 or more during the sale (20th - 23rd Jan'19) & pay through any prepaid payment method | Cashback offers will be sent by email/SMS after successful payment Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE Delivery
+ 49.24 Delivery charge
+ 83.00 Delivery charge
Amma: Jayalalithaa's Journey From Movie Star To Political Queen Paperback – 29 Aug 2016
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
About the Author
Vaasanthi is one of Tamil Nadu's best known writers. Her books include Cut-Outs, Caste and Cine Stars: The World of Tamil Politics, and several novels. She was editor of the Tamil edition of India Today for nearly ten years.]
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Showing 1-8 of 75 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Could she not get a detailed perspective from journalists like Cho, Sekhar, Shyam ?
Read the first line again before you buy the book.
The author's earlier version would have definitely made a good reading but there was a Permanent Injunction by the courts
But permitting this concise version is good -as one can get an idea of the innumerable trials and tribulations faced by her alone.
Some sensitive topics are touched but with disclaimers and alternate versions also written
But overall I think Vaasanthi did a good job in bringing about various stories of Jayalalitha's life and put them together in one place. It is a one time read.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?