- HDFC: 10% instant discount up to Rs. 1500 on minimum order of Rs. 3,000 with HDFC Credit/Debit cards and EMIs Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- 10% cashback on min purchase of ₹5000 (max cashback ₹750). Valid on all prepaid orders of clothing, shoes, watches, luggage & jewelry. This is in addition to the 10% instant discount on HDFC cards. HDFC offer is not valid on gold & silver coins. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- No cost EMI on HDFC credit cards on orders above Rs.3000, HDFC debit cards on orders above Rs.10,000 and Bajaj Finserv EMI cards on orders above Rs.4500 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Get 10% cashback up to Rs.25 using BHIM UPI to pay. Cashback will be credited as Amazon Pay balance within 10 days. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa Signature or Visa Infinite cards. Offer valid only once per customer. Cashback within 3 days from shipment. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Get 50% cashback up to Rs. 50 using Axis Bank Credit & Debit Cards. Valid only on your first 2 online payments. Cashback will be credited as Amazon Pay balance within 10 days from purchase. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Get up to ₹2000 cashback across Swiggy, BookMyShow, Goibibo & Netmeds. Shop on Amazon for ₹300 or more during the sale (20th - 23rd Jan'19) & pay through any prepaid payment method | Cashback offers will be sent by email/SMS after successful payment Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Other Sellers on Amazon
Includes Import Fees Deposit
+ 1,025.17 Delivery charge
AmazonBasics Automatic Travel Umbrella with Wind Vent (Black)
Pay on Delivery (Cash/Card) eligible
What is this?
Pay on Delivery (Cash/Card) payment method includes Cash on Delivery (COD) as well as Debit card / Credit card / Net banking payments at your doorstep.
Fulfilled by Amazon indicates that this item is stored, packed and dispatched from Amazon fulfilment centres. Amazon directly handles delivery, customer service and returns. Fulfilled by Amazon items can be identified with an badge. Orders containing items Fulfilled by Amazon worth Rs.499 or more are eligible for FREE delivery. FBA items may also be eligible for faster delivery (Same-Day, One-Day and Two-Day).
If you're a seller, you can improve your sales by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- Black travel umbrella with wind vent to help keep shape during wind gusts
- Canopy automatically opens/closes at the touch of a button
- Soft-grip handle for a comfortable hold; wrist strap for hands-free carrying
- Measures 11-inches long when fully closed; storage sleeve included
- Imported; Made of durable steel and 100% polyester
- For customer service and warranty related queries please contact_us: [1800-419-0416] (available Monday to Saturday from 9:30 AM to 6:00 PM except national holidays)
|Note: The order quantity is limited to 3 units per customer.|
Please note that orders which exceed the quantity limit will be auto-canceled. This is applicable across sellers.
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
|Item Height||5.8 Centimeters|
|Item Length||27.9 Centimeters|
|Item Width||5.8 Centimeters|
|Item Weight||367 Grams|
|Warranty Description||1 year manufacturing defects|
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
A useful addition to any travel bag, backpack, or briefcase, this AmazonBasics compact automatic travel umbrella features a wind vent (double canopy), which not only helps keep you dry when it's raining, but also helps prevent the umbrella from inverting when the wind kicks up. From warm Spring showers to fierce Fall storms and unruly wind tunnels, the AmazonBasics umbrella makes for a reliable take-along companion when you need to get from here to there without getting drenched.Built to last through many rainy seasons, year after year, the AmazonBasics compact automatic travel umbrella with wind vent features durable steel construction with a canopy made of reliable, waterproof polyester. Sturdy, yet lightweight, the umbrella helps get you where you're going without having to worry about the weather.
From the manufacturer
AmazonBasics Compact Automatic Travel Umbrella with Wind Vent
A useful addition to any travel bag, backpack, or briefcase, this AmazonBasics compact automatic travel umbrella features a wind vent (double canopy), which not only helps keep you dry when it's raining, but also helps prevent the umbrella from inverting when the wind kicks up. From warm Spring showers to fierce Fall storms and unruly wind tunnels, the AmazonBasics umbrella makes for a reliable take-along companion when you need to get from here to there without getting drenched.
Made of Steel & Polyester
Built to last through many rainy seasons, year after year, the AmazonBasics compact automatic travel umbrella with wind vent features durable steel construction with a canopy made of reliable, waterproof polyester. Sturdy, yet lightweight, the umbrella helps get you where you're going without having to worry about the weather.
- Wind vent helps umbrella keep its shape during wind gusts
- Canopy auto opens/closes at the touch of a button
- Includes protective storage sleeve
- Secure-grip handle for a comfortable hold
- Made of durable steel and polyester
- Closes to a compact size of 11 inches long
Thoughtfully designed, the umbrella's canopy automatically opens and closes with the simple touch of a button. Push the button to open; push the button to close. After the canopy collapses, manually pull the upright support down into the locked position. With the umbrella back in its base, the auto-open mechanism is ready to be used again.
The AmazonBasics compact automatic travel umbrella includes a slip-on sleeve, which helps keep the umbrella neatly stored. The storage sleeve fits securely around the closed-position umbrella, and lifts off easily when it's time to take cover and venture outside.
Soft, Comfort-Grip Handle
The umbrella comes equipped with a soft, secure-grip handle, which helps ensure a comfortable hold, whether casually window-shopping downtown or dashing from your car to the front door. A wrist strap at the end of the handle allows for hands-free carrying when the rain subsides.
The full-size umbrella offers ample coverage in the open position, but when closed, it folds into a conveniently compact size, measuring just 11 inches long. Its compact size makes it a great choice for any on-the-go traveler, or for anyone who likes to be prepared. Having more than one allows for stashing an AmazonBasics umbrella in multiple locations--in a desk drawer, glove compartment, or cubby by the back door.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Showing 1-8 of 445 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
**Handle is only 2.5inches long - and again suited for children; but very smooth and nice to hold - probably rubberized plastic.
**Weight of umbrella is 395grams and feels heavier than similarly sized examples.
**Powerful spring loaded action for opening and closing the umbrella at the click of a button - definitely the best part of this umbrella and very confidence inspiring! The ribs are metal, heavy duty and strong.
Sitting on the passenger seat of a motorcycle moving between 40 to 50kph with sudden stops and starts, the umbrella held up very steadily. But I feel the most important function of an umbrella has been forgotten. Here's why..
I read glowing reviews of this umbrella on Amazon and esp. on thewirecutter(dot)com while hunting online. Would you believe it - this item is not available on Amazon USA website? It's true. Needless to say, I was taken by the positive recommendations and the "wind vent" which is basically a 2-piece design allowing one piece of polyster to be sewn over the other to accomodate air passage. Thus in windy situations, instead of your umbrella being an obstruction in a wind corridor and risk turning inside out or breaking apart, it allows the air to pass through while keeping the user dry - at least that was the general intention of the designers I think..
But today, while using my umbrella in the ongoing monsoons in north-east India I felt steady drops of water on my head and nose. I thought the water was blown by the wind but there it was again - a steady and slow drop definitely not blown sideways by the wind. I noticed that the "wind vent" was also allowing the water to push through! Attached photos show an overlap of 2.5inches between the two pieces of the canopy - clearly not enough to keep the water out in strong winds.
Also, the branding seems to have changed - product images clearly show orange and white stitching of AmazonBasics on the Velcro strap but the item I received has all-white stitching..
I don't intend to return the umbrella even though this product is eligible for return within 1-month from the date of delivery!
I purchased it for INR 799.00 but I've seen it offered for INR 649.00 during Lightning Deals.
This product invokes mixed feelings.. happiness on the one hand for the invention of the "wind vent" yet frustration at sacrificing the primary function of an umbrella - KEEP THE WATER OUT !!
If there was a rating between 2-star (I don't like it) and 3-star (It's okay), that would fit my experience thus far. Since there is no such rating, I select 3-star which equals ""running inside a building during very heavy rains and avoid sharing with anybody ;)""
Coming to this AmazonBasics Automatic Travel Umbrella with wind vent) some questions came to my mind
1.What is wind vent??
Its simple they have made two layers of caopy(the skin/clothing on umbrella), with this they say wind wont take away the whole umbrella upside down
2.How does it look?
I have uploaded the wind vent picture
Comparison to AmazonBasics Automatic Travel Umbrella without wind vent What I felt::
1.Much more heavier
2.Much more lengthier
I am not going to say strong built or anything until I believe it.
Now people must be thinking why did he purchase if the other one broke off easily????
The answer to that::
1.I loved the concept of automatic open and close because it is way easier to get inside the car without going through much trouble
2.The handle built quality is good and grip is good(rubber grip I assume)
3.No other umbrella provides feature of automatic closing at this price.
5.It provides an extra cover so that water dont drip inside car or wherever it is placed.
1.As said before in the 1st review of AmazonBasics Automatic Travel Umbrella it makes a sound while closing
So Yes it is a huge risk and chance.
Hope and pray it doesnt turn out like the previous AmazonBasics Automatic Travel Umbrella.
Will update upon any issues or troubles or if there is no trouble for a year will do that too(if I don't get too busy)
Update(30/10/16)::it rained here in Thiruvananthapuram,Kerala today and it wasn't raining cats and dogs just a light shower without any wind or anything and it fared well.
It seems to work with no issue even though the materials seem same like AmazonBasics Automatic Travel Umbrella. It rained for the past few weeks and it is working well till now. The canopy could have been made of better material.
Last but not the least if you liked my review please click helpful. Thanks in advance.
update 02jun17 - good go for it. the noise some people have complained is not that loud or bab.
got my third umbrella........as good as ever
1. Handy Umbrella and due to it's smaller size doesn't cover you well.
2. Opening & Closing action are Ok Ok, few glitches sometimes while opening mostly where you need to push sometimes to open it completely.
3. Material is good, Windproof yes.
4. Grip handle is bulgy, not so comfortable.