- Audio CD (3 July 2012)
- Language: English, English, English
- Number of Discs: 1
- Format: CD, Soundtrack, Import
- Label: SONY MASTERWORKS
- ASIN: B0084O8NZI
- Average Customer Review: 1 customer review
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #30,250 in Music (See Top 100 in Music)
The Amazing Spider-Man CD, Soundtrack, Import
|Price:||699.00 FREE Delivery.Details|
|You Save:||2,521.00 (78%)|
|Inclusive of all taxes|
Pay on Delivery (Cash/Card) eligible
What is this?
Pay on Delivery (Cash/Card) payment method includes Cash on Delivery (COD) as well as Debit card / Credit card / Net banking payments at your doorstep.
Fulfilled by Amazon indicates that this item is stored, packed and dispatched from Amazon fulfilment centres. Amazon directly handles delivery, customer service and returns. Fulfilled by Amazon items can be identified with an badge. Orders containing items Fulfilled by Amazon worth Rs.499 or more are eligible for FREE delivery. FBA items may also be eligible for faster delivery (Same-Day, One-Day and Two-Day).
If you're a seller, you can improve your sales by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
Return Policy on this item
All items in Music are non returnable. Learn more
Save Extra with 1 offer
- Cashback (3): Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 50 using BHIM UPI (available only on mobile app/website) or RuPay cards. Offer period 1st September to 30th September. Cashback will be credited as Amazon Pay balance within 15 days from purchase. Here's how
- Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa debit card, credit card or ATM card. Only on your first 2 cashless orders on Amazon.in (including mobile recharges and bill payments). Offer period 4th Sep to 30th Sep. Cashback within 10 days. Here's how
- Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa Signature or Visa Infinite cards. Offer valid only once per customer (including mobile recharges and bill payments). Offer period: 11th Sep to 24th Sep. Cashback within 10 days. Here's how
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
James Horner has scored over 100 films, frequently collaborating with acclaimed directors such as James Cameron and Ron Howard. His body of work is notable for including the scores to the two highest-grossing films of all time, Titanic and Avatar, and his credits also include the scores for Braveheart, A Beautiful Mind, Aliens and Field of Dreams. Horner is a two-time Academy Award-winner, and has received a total of 10 Oscar nominations. He has won numerous other awards, including a Golden Globe Award and a Grammy Award. His score to the 1997 film Titanic remains the best selling orchestral film soundtrack of all time and has sold over 26 million albums worldwide.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
First off, in the film, I can say the music and the action were so beautifully blended. Each moment, whether it was an action sequence, love story, or just spider-man swinging through New York, was a perfect fit with the music.
The score also stands very strong by itself. For those of you who say this doesn't have a theme, what do you call what you hear in the opening sequence? He most certainly presents a strong central theme that he uses in several tracks and even modifies that theme according to what is happening in the story at that moment.
There are several moments of some beautiful piano solos. The score has a techno/electronic feel too it, but it's still grounded and Horner never forgets the orchestra. The orchestra is in every cue, as they should be, which gives the score a classic, well-rounded, musical sound. The most thrilling moments in the score are after "Ben's Death." No one can hold a candle to Horner's action cues. No one, and he proves it again and again in this score. There are also soft cues like "Rooftop Kiss" which involves solo piano with oboe piping in later in the cue.
Basically, this score was everything I hoped it would be: exciting, relaxing, suspenseful, musical, well written, and well performed. I encourage you to buy it, as Horner does not disappoint. If you are on the fence, I recommend you see the movie first just so you can hear and see how everything goes together so well.
1. Main Title/Young Peter -> A good summary of the two main themes (Spidey & Love Theme)
2. Becoming Spider-Man -> Overall good spidey feel with a fast-paced kinetic air of discovery.
12. Rooftop Kiss -> The main love theme; one of the most human and touching themes I've heard for a super-hero blockbuster movie
17. Saving New York -> Action music (sense of overcoming)
18. Oscorp Tower -> Action music (pure action)
19. I Can't See You Anymore -> A longer rendition of the love theme
20. Promises/End Titles -> Another great summary of the main themes with more piano than the first track
Overall, all tracks are great, really. But the above tracks were the ones I considered to be the backbone of the score. I really think this score has been undervalued mainly because we already had the great SpiderMan theme from Danny Elfman, but truth be told, I consider this score to be much more complete than Danny Elfman's (and the whole representation of spiderman was more neatly done also with the inclusion of Gwen as Peter Parker's original first love).
In this new era of synthesizer composing, it's great and refreshing to listen to a good orchestra play with all the feeling we were used to before; the synth's are also there on some tracks but instead of overshadowing the music, they complement it with a nice sense of mystery and discovery. Good job James Horner. Since Legend of Zorro and Avatar, this has been the next solid effort from this very fine film composer (and a nice evolution to his own style... sounds less repetitive and more innovative).
I will also note that there are a few moments when listening to this Spidey score when I am reminded of Horner's own music from " A Beautiful Mind" (and that's not a bad thing). At this point, it should be expected - Horner has been known to recycle his own material in multiple films.
The primary reason I'd recommend this album is because of the main theme for Peter Parker, which can be heard in the very first track and is quite spectacular. Fortunately, the theme reappears in many other tracks and takes various forms throughout the album.
 Main Title - Young Peter
 Becoming Spider-Man