- Paperback: 160 pages
- Publisher: Horizon Books; First Edition edition (2015)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9352128397
- ISBN-13: 978-9352128396
- Product Dimensions: 22.9 x 0.6 x 15.2 cm
- Average Customer Review: 10 customer reviews
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
#1,16,532 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #3171 in Comics & Graphic Novels (Books)
Amar Bari Tomar Bari NaxalBari Paperback – 2015
Save Extra with 3 offers
- Cashback (2): Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa Signature or Visa Infinite cards. Shop during the Visa Shopping Days starting 20th to end of every month. Applicable on shopping, recharges and bill payments. Cashback within 3 days from shipment. Here's how
- Get 25% back up to Rs. 50 back on your first order using Amazon Pay UPI. Cashback within 10 days. Link Bank Account Here's how
- No Cost EMI: No Cost EMI available on Amazon Pay ICICI credit cards on orders above Rs. 3000 Here's how
- Bank Offer: 5% Instant Discount on ICICI bank Credit and Debit EMI transactions Here's how
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
For the first time, read Independent India's political history in the form of a no holds barred, satirical comic book. In the newly independent India - food production is at an all time low, Zamindars control the farms, Nehru is dead, the coalation bengal government is headed for the wall and a tiny village in West Bengal plays host to an uprising. From the tiny village of Naxalbari the story travels back and forth in time, as it takes you to pre-independence Hyderabad, post independence Andhra Pradesh and finally to the jungles of Dandkaranya (Bastar and surrounding regions) where the sparks of Naxalbari finally grew into the fire that today impacts India and its people.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Graphic novels are a medium that I love especially for journalism and history since they can make complex issues a bit easier to digest. So I was very excited when I saw a copy of Amar Bari Tomar Bari Naxalbari.
But it's only informative if you haven't read anything about Naxalbari and it does occasionally mix up facts. It's also trying too hard to be funny.
The art is okay, but doesn't come close to making up for the rest of the graphic novel.
Don't pick this up, especially if you're new to graphic novels.
If you do decide to pick it up, read with a pinch of salt regarding the facts and a whole lot of patience for the rest.
If you just want to be informed about Naxalbari and Naxalism without spending much time on it read the BBC profile page instead.
2. Sensitivity- 8
3. Drawings- 8
4. Knowledge- 6
5. Neutrality- 7
6. Relevance- 10
7. Creativity- 10
8. Cost- 10
9. Cover- 10
10. Reccomendation- 10
Changing the trend of book reading fun and interactive way to understaning a very serious topic